boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.:Lexus IS250 SR suggested by Alex.:.

Pic
lexus-is-250-sr-13-05-08.jpg

Spec
Middle Spec in Table - http://www.lexus.co.uk/range/is/specifications/technical-data/index.aspx?model=IS&submodel=IS_250

Everyone knows it's a Toyota. Pretending to be something else = not cool.

If it was a regular IS I probably would have said cool, but since it has all that racy stuff tacked on, Uncool.

Everyone knows it's a Toyota. Pretending to be something else = not cool.
Every car is something pretending to be something else.
Exactly my reasoning. Plus they are driven exclusively by old men who have retired from a business role.

Thats what makes it cool. If an older guy who has the $ and supposedly wisdom , still chooses this car it must be OK.

Last edited:
Voted cool.

Like it or not, the lexus badge carries some weight with the general population, and the car is nicely styled and has enough power and handling to back it up. You could pull up to the trendiest club in your city or mine in one of these and nobody would be offended.

2.5L V6? :confused:

Not really cool, but not uncool. Average.

Not having an "average" category, I went with uncool.

I went with Seriously uncool...it's a Toyota product, currently in production, and it's not the IS-F. I think I may have been a little harsh, though. Uncool's probably enough.

Very True,but as long as they are quality makes and offer "up grades" over their counter parts I'm good with it. :)

So the IS is a rebranded version of....The JDM Toyota Altezza (do they still call it that?). A car we don't get. I wouldn't call that just a rebranded car. Look to GM's past for that one.

Actually, the IS is the IS is the IS, no matter where in the world you take it. Lexus has been introduced to Japan.

The Previous model IS was the Altezza...and whenever I see one, I can't help but call it that. It just doesn't look like a Lexus. This one, however, does - in fact, it defined the brand's styling direction when it was introduced.

Uncool. I prefer the previous IS/Altezza (in fact, I'd even own an Altezza), but even that car had the unfortunate "Alan Partridge" image...

I voted cool, which I think I have done for everything I have voted on so far. While geezers do drive them, it doesn't push away the younger crowd.

Uncool. Technically, I think I like the SR, having just heard about it, but it's got neither the beauty of the base IS or the insanity of the IS-F.

Sure, it's got nice wheels, but that doesn't help the unfortunate aero.

A sporty IS250? Sounds like a winner to me.

With no Scion, Celicas, nor Supras up here, the IS250 remains the only sporty Toyota up here. The Corolla feels too cheap for my liking.

Uncool. I prefer the previous IS/Altezza (in fact, I'd even own an Altezza), but even that car had the unfortunate "Alan Partridge" image...

Damn you sir, i has that very same clip lined up as my response too!!!!

Latest Posts

Back