GTP Cool Wall : Nominations Thread - Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-> I nominate the Honda FCX Clarity...

honda_fcx_clarity.jpg

...or the Ronn Scorpion series.

I have choosen to SUSPEND nominations as I feel that we have enough to last a while in the list so far. Don't worry though nominations will re-open again when the list has nearly finished.

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to count votes in the seriously (un)cool categories for more points or something. Because as it stands, if somebody really likes or really dislikes a car, then their vote doesn't really end up counting because they voted in a category that won't get votes. Just a thought...

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to count votes in the seriously (un)cool categories for more points or something. Because as it stands, if somebody really likes or really dislikes a car, then their vote doesn't really end up counting because they voted in a category that won't get votes. Just a thought...

If they vote in a catergory that won't get votes then its obviously not the general feelings of the users. Sub Zero and Seriously uncool will get some cars in eventually it just takes that special car, and the cool wall is here to find that out.

New Rule about Pictures. See 1st Post.
Should stop people from nagging so much!

EDIT: Ok scrap that Image rule, I'm just going to pull a picture from google images myself for all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clear up on the rules. Can often take a while to straighten out these sort of competitions. Love the idea 👍

Anyway, from me Vauxhall VX220 Turbo 2005.

Thanks for the clear up on the rules. Can often take a while to straighten out these sort of competitions. Love the idea 👍

Anyway, from me Vauxhall VX220 Turbo 2005.

No Problem but as I said a few posts back, the nominations are suspended until the list has gone down.

Fair enough, my fault for not reading up the far enough up the thread. 👍

Okay, who put up the Porsche GT2s? They are definitively Seriously Uncool. "Hey, why's there scaffolding in the back?" "That's in case the car flips!" "Why not just not flip it?" "Umm... Check out my fire extinguisher!"

I nominate the Kia Soul. I believe you'll find it sub-zero, until you see a certain horrible detail.

After looking at the list, I have to ask this question: is it really necessary to have cars like the DB9, F430, F40, GT2, etc. up for voting? Is the 'coolness' of these cars even in question??

How many people actually think the F40 is 'uncool'? A Mondial or a 400 may be worth the debate, but an F40?

M

The F40 is uncool simply because of how many people think its cool, and the owners will only ever bring it out to reassert their superiority over anyone and everyone else.

There's your arguement ///M-Spec. I love the F40, my absolute favourite car in the world but I too think it is uncool. We may need some of these cars to prop up the cool end of the wall anyway...

The F40 is uncool simply because of how many people think its cool,

This is the classic anti-establishment argument. It's 'cool' to go against conventional thinking because it implies independent thinking and a willingness to buck the trend and go one's own way. Everyone loves a rebel. Rebels think what they want and don't care about what anyone else says.

Admirable, if it were actually true. But often times, it's a farce.

By declaring something 'uncool' based on the sole reason that everyone else thinks it's 'cool' is effectively the same thing as agreeing with everyone who thinks it's cool.

You are still allowing your personal judgement to be influenced or determined by those around you. Independent thinking is just an illusion.

and the owners will only ever bring it out to reassert their superiority over anyone and everyone else.

That is one possible reason. But you can not possibly know why people buy or drive F40s. Assuming a possible answer because it conveniently suits your world view is not the same as knowing.

I realize my reply probably reads more serious or severe than it really needs to be. It's not meant to be, but I couldn't think of way to say it with any levity and still get my point across. So, sorry if it reads like I'm getting on your case. It's not you, but the line of thinking.

M

Okay, who put up the Porsche GT2s? They are definitively Seriously Uncool. "Hey, why's there scaffolding in the back?" "That's in case the car flips!" "Why not just not flip it?" "Umm... Check out my fire extinguisher!"

I nominate the Kia Soul. I believe you'll find it sub-zero, until you see a certain horrible detail.

Its the GT3 RS which has 'scaffold' in the back. ;)

Oh and I agree with M-spec, I have never really thought about it like that though. 👍

IIRC, the GT3 and GT2 are both available with half cages as no-cost options. GT3 RS has standard half cage with front cage available as no-cost option.

The cage is there as these cars are designed to be used for serious track work... the cage acts as a safety feature and also adds significantly to structural stiffness.

And I apologise for being anally retentive when it comes to Porsche specs.

Yenko Camaro '69

yenkoun2.png

Wikipedia
The dealership worked with Chevrolet to have the L-72 engines installed on the factory assembly line using a Central Office Production Order, or COPO. The orders included power disc brakes, a 4.10 Positraction rear end, a stronger front stabilizer, and a heavy-duty 4-core aluminum radiator. Buyers of the car had the option of either the M-21 four speed or the Turbo Hydramatic 400 automatic transmission. A total of 201 cars were sold in 1969, 171 with four speed transmissions and 30 with automatic transmissions. Yenko rounded out the visual package with front and rear spoilers, a cowl-induction hood, special "Yenko 427" badges, twin stripes down the flanks and hood, and the sYc (Yenko Super Car) badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back