GTP Cool Wall Results Archive II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way it could be decided is by first looking at cool vs. uncool and then the two groups in the winning category.

Say we get 3 subzero, 4 cool, 4 uncool and 1 seriously uncool. We would see that there are 7 votes on the cool side and 5 on the uncool. So then we see cool has one more vote than subzero, so the car is cool. If it was a tie, it would go in-between.

The problem is that on Top Gear it worked kind of as a scale, so even under one category one car could be cooler than the other. The best way to replicate this would probably be with a scale like Dragonistic's but where each member picks a number inside that scale. But that would be a bit too complicated.

Assigning the current categories a value would make an easy calculation, multiplying each category value by the no. of votes, adding up the 4 answers (1 for each category) to give a total value which is then divided by the total number of voters (which GTP polls tell you without the need of adding up all votes). It's rather simple really.

It's funny, looking at the results there appears to be an emerging trend of which types of cars are ending up where. Be interesting to see how it plays out in the long run.

Add the Porsche 911 Turbo to Sub Zero.
Also, this is a rip-off of Top Gear! ;)
And the Aston Martin is Sub-Zero I think.

It just occurred to me: I think I'm very misunderstood about this pollfest. Are we rating the cars' coolness in real life or here at the 'Planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back