• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1990 Volkswagen Corrado G60 suggested by hemisport15 :.

1994-volkswagen-corrado-pic-63096.jpeg

Specs:

Base price (1990): $18,675

Type: Inline four-cylinder, overhead cam, mechanical supercharger, iron block, aluminum head
Displacement: 1781cc
Compression ratio: 8.0:1
Horsepower: 158 @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 166 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Fuel injection: Digifant
Transmission: Five-speed manual
Gear ratios: (1) 3.78 (2) 2.11; (3) 1.34; (4) 0.97; (5) 0.80; (FD) 3.43

Wheelbase: 97.3 in.
L/W/H: 159.4 in./65.9 in./51.9 in.
Curb weight: 2,459 lb.
Fuel tank: 14.5 gal.

Suspension, fr: Independent MacPherson struts, lower A-arms, coil springs, negative steering roll radius, 18mm anti-roll bar
Suspension, r: Independent torsion beam axle with track-correcting bushings, shocks and coil springs, 20mm anti-roll bar.
Steering: Power rack and pinion
Wheels & tires: 6J x 15-in. light alloy; 185/55VR-15
Brakes, fr/r: 11.0-in. internally vented discs, dual diagonal circuits (optional ABS)/9.0-in solid discs

0-60 mph: 8.0 sec.
Top speed: 140 mph (factory claim)​

Last edited:
Sub Zero. I've always loved the Corrado, I'm not really sure why though. A love for a car without reason is enough for me to put it in Sub-Zero.

Sub Zero, I was actually going to nominate it One of my all time favs.:)

Dont think we ever got either one really, but the 4cyl is really the better all round car. The VR6 made it too frt heavy.

It holds its value so well and is so cool looking. I'm pretty sure there were numerous mechanical problems with it, unless i'm thinking of another car. But i don't care. Sub-zero.

Supercharger seals, I think, but not being that familiar with the oily bits, I don't really know.

Subzero, requires no thought...

*Full Disclosure: I'm a die-hard Volkswagen fan, and love almost everything they've put out in the past decade or two

Sub-Zero

Not only is it one of the best styled coupes roads have ever seen, Volkswagen did their homework and made their MKII chassis relevant well-past its expiration date. The car is fantastic inside and out, and has a slew of nifty touches that make it a car of choice for VW fans across the board.

Only problem? The SLC (VR6) > G60 (Ladder-Charged I4)

Oops, that's a mistake. Sorry about that. Last option is Seriously Uncool.

Can a mod please change this for me?

Last edited:
I'm going sub zero on this one for sure. I have fun driving it to and from school everyday, I absolutely love the sound of the supercharged four banger when you wind it up above 5,000 rpm. Besides the fun factor, the car was so ahead of its time. Even though most of the things on the car are a little overcomplicated which causes them to break and cost so much to replace, mainly the supercharger, you can't deny that some of the stuff on it is pretty cool. Automatic seat belts, automatic spoiler that raises at 50-55 mph, supercharged, power windows, power sunroof, and the little drive time/miles per gallon/engine temperature/air temperature readout is cool, too. It handles like a dream and am so lucky to have one as a first car, I look forward to it everyday.

EDIT:And those who are asking about the VR6, the one the Corrado got basically came straight out of a Passat.

Oops, that's a mistake. Sorry about that. Last option is Seriously Uncool.

Can a mod please change this for me?

Hmmm...

Subzero
Cool
Uncool
Subzero

Ought to be

Subzero
Cool
I don't really like cars at all
Subzero, anyway

:lol:

I voted cool. I've always thought the Corrados were sweet little cars, but never really loved them enough to vote Sub-Zero.

I'd vote seriously uncool, but Joey has replaced that option with a 2nd subzero option. :irked:

Probably because the car is that sweet.

Cool, I for some reason like the looks and feel it never got the respect it deserved. They should have stuck a V6 in it though.

I should dig up that little song I wrote for the MK1 VW Golf GTI...

Sub-zero. I'd buy one in a minute if I had any money, and even Joey remarks it's sheer awesome giving it two subzero polls.

My brother has a very clean SLC that I've had the good fortune of spending significant portions of time in. The car is just that fun. It has the inherent VW quirks (electrical issues mostly) but other than that, this thing is a total blast. The body style is one of the taughtest fastbacks I can think of, the stance is sublime from the factory and it gets on-road respect from pretty much everyone. I am very jealous.

102-34.jpg

Only problem? The SLC (VR6) > G60 (Ladder-Charged I4)

This is the only reason why I didn't go with <0.

Is this the one we never got in America? Or am I thinking of the 2.9L VR6?

if nobody has answered your question...yes we did get them in America, ive seen two here.

oh and cool. Very cool. if it had more PWR it would be subzero.

Sub-zero for sure!
I happen to be a proud owner of a 91 with a host of mods.
I agree with whoever said that the g60 was the better of the two, as the vr6 was a tad front heavy. Now that I'm putting out probably around 20-30+ more hp than a Vr6 i'm very happy with my choice.

Here is an older pic (its a little lower to the ground now but thats all):
n509451305_28887_1512.jpg

Although i believe it wasn't considered as good as the VR6 in period, i still like it because of the unfashionable at the time supercharger.

Uncool. Possibly seriously so.

Great car, lots to recommend it but driven almost exclusively by those people. The ones who bought Audi TTs later on and then the BINI Cooper S cabriolet. You know the ones... estate agents (realtors), yuppies and... well, just generalised cocks.

If I see one of these, I don't think about any of the impressive stats or the supercharger. I think "Wow. That guy must be a complete cock."

Uncool. Possibly seriously so.

Great car, lots to recommend it but driven almost exclusively by those people. The ones who bought Audi TTs later on and then the BINI Cooper S cabriolet. You know the ones... estate agents (realtors), yuppies and... well, just generalised cocks.

If I see one of these, I don't think about any of the impressive stats or the supercharger. I think "Wow. That guy must be a complete cock."

I think that may have been true when it was first released, but now it's worked it's way up to the upper echelons of coolness.

Sub-zero. Best looking VW IMO. The thing was full of mechanical problems, and I'd never want to own one because of it, but I'll always dream of owning one which makes it sub-zero.

Back