GTP Cool Wall: Volkswagen Corrado G60. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 66 comments

Corrado G60

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the only reason why I didn't go with <0.

Its a hit and miss thing with the G60, I've found. People complain about the lag, and the reliability, but love the technology. The leap in performance wasn't astronomical between it and the SLC, but it was enough to justify the addition. Its the same argument a generation (or two, in this case) later with the 1.8T and the VR6.

...And in that instance, I'd rather have the 1.8T.

Reliability does have a seriously dodgy reputation with the G60s, although as we've mentioned that reliability isn't really the strong point of this model (hell, brand).

A BMW M1 (which is ugly as it is) for yuppies that can't afford a BMW M1. Need I say more?

Uncool

I really like the performance of this car, and it also the future classic car according to Top Gear :)

Anyway, I don't really like the design, it's a bit ugly... Now with such performance, I will go for it :D

A BMW M1 (which is ugly as it is) for yuppies that can't afford a BMW M1. Need I say more?

Yes, you do.

How is a 140mph, 4 seat, front-engined, FWD coupe a substitute for a 170mph, 2 seat, mid-engined, RWD supercar?

It's like claiming the Ford Probe is a Ferrari F355 for people that can't afford a Ferrari F355...

Yes, you do.

How is a 140mph, 4 seat, front-engined, FWD coupe a substitute for a 170mph, 2 seat, mid-engined, RWD supercar?

It's like claiming the Ford Probe is a Ferrari F355 for people that can't afford a Ferrari F355...

Not to mention the 7 years between one ending production and the other beginning.

Isn't the Ford Probe for people who want an R8 but can't afford one? Oh... wait... that was the Ford Cougar... or was that the Mercury Cougar... whatever... :lol:

22875-450x-u_7.jpg

Yes, you do.

Maybe he meant an M3? :confused:

Even then though it's still a hard comparison to make.

Another "meh" and another no-vote from me. It's a Golf in a frock, it's not as pretty as a Scirocco, and they suffer very much in the UK from the people who own them, which not only gives them a bad reputation, but also raises insurance premiums to way above what they should be for a Golf in a frock. So although it should be a fun, affordable coupe, it becomes a fun, ridiculously expensive coupe with far better options available for the price.

That it's the supercharged version doesn't matter to me either.

Even the MINI Cooper S? Hmmm... nah.

haha, I like them, really!!! maybe just because of the blower whine and for the fact that they did not use a way more conventional turbo but a Roots blower, I think it's a cool little car... a very expensive cool little car, but cool nonetheless.

7095424-640.jpg

I'm afraid not.

I don't see anything wrong with that car, I like it. I'd drive it actually, I'm assuming it has blown-3800 power, that is a good engine. Trasher Engineering pulleys and some other stuff, all-stock looks and blam, smoking aunt's Buick!!!

I don't see anything wrong with that car, I like it. I'd drive it actually, I'm assuming it has blown-3800 power, that is a good engine. Trasher Engineering pulleys and some other stuff, all-stock looks and blam, smoking aunt's Buick!!!

I'd like to bring up your earlier post:

ANY factory supercharged car is cool.

Whether you'd drive it or not has little correlation with coolness. I'd quite happily drive most of the cars in the uncool section, but under no assumption that any of them are anything other than that ;)

I might actually nominate that and see where it ends up. Although the size of the nomination waiting list means we'd have a very staggered debate :P

Yes, you do.

I was basing my opinion on the looks Famine, NOT THE PERFORMANCE

bmw-m1_side.jpg

VW-Corrado-64546.jpg

I don't know about you guys but does the Corrado look like it has the same type of styling that the M1 does? I think so, with the only difference being, the M1 is more angular.

Last edited:
I'd like to bring up your earlier post:

Whether you'd drive it or not has little correlation with coolness. I'd quite happily drive most of the cars in the uncool section, but under no assumption that any of them are anything other than that ;)

I might actually nominate that and see where it ends up. Although the size of the nomination waiting list means we'd have a very staggered debate :P

hey, I never said it was cool either (: just that I did not see anything wrong with the poor Buick.

I was basing my opinion on the looks Famine, NOT THE PERFORMANCE

bmw-m1_side.jpg

VW-Corrado-64546.jpg

I don't know about you guys but does the Corrado look like it has the same type of styling that the M1 does? I think so, with the only difference being, the M1 is more angular.

Still a stretch.

I doubt, for example, that people are buying Toyota MRSs, thinking... It's a baby Ferrari.

Well...

maybe they are...

mr2_ferrari3.JPG

but honestly... I can't think of anyone else who thinks "M1" when they see the Corrado...

Even seeing your pics, I still don't... but now I'm thinking... the CR-X is such an M1 rip-off... really[/sarcasm]

htup_0903_11_z+honda_crx+side_view.jpg

bmw-m1_side.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Understated and handsome rare sporting coupe. Kicks about a million times more ass than any GTi ever will.

Sub-zero.

Back