GTP D1GP S3 : Round 4 (Results Up)

Well, can we move on to round 5 then?
Hey, if Swift is busy then why can't we just have 2 judges? I mean as long there is a judge it would be good enough for the comp to keep running and Suzuki, since you've got a replacement judge why don't you ask him to replace Swift before this? I mean is it too troublesome or is it that you just happened to notice?

Ok, scores for round 2 are up,
as are the entries for this round,
though there are only 4.
So, we have 2 judges unless we can wake Ske up.:)

But there is no reason it should take this long for them to be judged.
True.

I don't know what happened between season 2 and season 3, but this has been a major turnoff about this competition...3 weeks and I'm still waiting for my second round to be judged??? It beats the whole purpose of the competition. Because even if the round was finally judged, who knows how long it'd take for rounds 3, 4 and most likely 5 to be judged. I think next season, no offense, you guys should establish judges that can be around..I mean, i know Swift probably has issues going on and that's the reason he hasn't been here, but he could let us all know by saying, " Hey sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, things have come up and i am no longer able to judge for this competition, i apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you all and hope the competition goes well the rest of the season." something like that, i'd completely understand, but having us waiting for weeks for our results is ridiculous..

Can't argue with any of that either. The point of the comp is to be quick. Though I think a bi-weekly schedule would be better. :)

The situation is actually quite simple. My computer at work is radically slow and has no sound. Making judging videos very difficult. So I have to do it at home. That's a challenge simply because of all the other stuff going on, like website and multimedia development, as you said.

So, that being said. I'll go ahead and judge the remaining rounds ASAP. But if there is a suitable veteran that is not in the competition to replace me, let me know and I'll make it happen.

Pay the judges...then the turn around will be faster....You have to realize that people are busy with rl....judges judging are doing a service to you guys.....I know I gain nothing from judging....so be patient it will be done.

Wow, so Swift AND Ske were MIA? I will be sure to send in scores tonight.
I didn't get him in earlier because before he said he wasn't really intrested in doing it, but I cohersed him into it ;)

Edit:
Did no one watch the demo run to see the line that should be taken? Geetown got really close to it, but didn't hit the rumbles on the first part of the hairpin after the switchback. Also didn't enter as early as he could have. Besides him, no one else came close to the proper line.

From how GTHD's Drift scoring system calculates scores, I see two competitors I'd like to mention how their scores would be calculated...

Contestent #1 would score big on entrance and smooth on the transition. Would have been better if you traced out more towards the outside when tracking out of the corner for even more points.
Contestent #3 Entrance could have been started earlier, but made up for how hard you hit the angle at the entrance. You would score big on the sweeper since you did a decent job of tracking all the way to the outside.

Back