GTP Exclusive • GT5 DLC Complete Pack > NEW VIDEOS IN 60fps/720p

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by amar212, Oct 14, 2011.

1. amar212

amar212 Premium

GTSurgeons.com for GTPlanet.net proudly presents

GTP World Exclusive • GT5 DLC Complete Pack Hands-On

***720p /60fps VIDEOS AVAILABLE AT THE LINKS IN THE END OF THIS POST****

First, thanks to all who contributed to this and once more thank to Jordan for all support to our small GTSurgeons Croatian community in past years.

Here is the first full breakdown of first ever DLC for Gran Turismo series that will debut on PSN Store on Tuesday, 18th October 2011, delivering:

Course Pack > Spa Francorchamps (+ Weather Change version) and Kart Arena
    Racing Car Pack > 15 racing cars
    Gear Pack > new Suits and Helmets
    Paint Pack >100 special Paint Items

For information about pricing and availability of upcoming DLC please visit Gran Turismo 5 official web.

As presumed, this DLC is already on your console as long as you've downloaded Spec 2.0 update. Going to PSN and purchasing DLC will just "unlock" that content and allow you to use the tracks, cars, gear and paintchips of the DLC.

Here is the small pictorial I've made. Of course, I used phone cam so please enjoy the usual shaky-cam bliss:

> PSN unlocks the code for usage, you have to manually install it
    [​IMG]

> The Racing Car pack have been installed (1 second operation)
    [​IMG]

> Cars are delivered to the Delivery Truck and available through Ticket system
    [​IMG]

> Both Spa and Karting tracks are available in Arcade and GT Life modes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

> My new Mazda Roadster TC RM have just been delivered
    [​IMG]

> All new paints are integrated into Paint Items and available as 1 paint per variation
    [​IMG]

> Same with the Suits, Special Suits are in separate folder as Jeff Gordon's was
    [​IMG]

> Stig is here...
    [​IMG]

> ..But my tribute goes to Kazunori Yamauchi and his legendary racing helmet
    [​IMG]

> DLC cars can be painted, rims can be changed and numbers can be modified
    [​IMG]

> Hello Spa Francorchamps
    [​IMG]

NEW VIDEOS
    ***MORE 720p /60fps VIDEOS AVAILABLE AT THE LINKS IN THE END OF THIS POST****

Spa looks stunning.

It is modeled on par with Nurburgring Nordchelife and it looks beautiful. Weather Change version is even more beautiful than default one because of the effects of sun-cast through the clouds prior to change of weather and trackside details and overall track-assets are modelled second-to-none. Great job for Polyphony Digital.

Also worth noticing is how beautiful is Kart Arena.

I will take some time now to make photos and deliver the stunning beauty of this astonishing work by Polyphony Digital in the full quality.

Also, I will make a further overview of the content in the next update.

# 2 UPDATE

Okey, I spent some time with the PhotoMode and here are the results. Click the thumbnails for original images. Also forgive me for using Imgur, I know it adds compression to the shots but I find it most convenient. Original photos are without compression as usual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And now to answer questions:

I will no go through this now, only for RX-7. Keep something interesting for Tuesday is nice, on't you think :tup:

No, DLC cars do not exist in the Dealership > same as Chrome or Stealth cars, they are just added to your garage for your usage. You can't *rebuy* them or have two.

I will not make a Kart Track footage, to leave it as a surprise. However, I have to say how Kart Arena looks stunning in 60 fps, with light effects, neon and lights in actual track that are dancing around while driving.

From what I saw, paint chips are added 1-piece-per-color. Interesting is how some chips are tied to manufacturer, for example to Mazda. I did not try to dupe them or send them to be honest.

Just have, look above :)

I hope too, I guess we will get new races and such on release day (18th October).

There is replay video above and I have noticed 3 different *sets* of cameras in 3 laps. Replay looks stunning as usual and from what I've witnessed so far, Spa lightning looks best while sun is up on Change Weather track. So beautiful...

From what I've tried, you can only use Karts on Kart Arena.

Here are the only Spec I will disclose :)

Mazda RX-7 TC
    459HP/7300rpm > 975kg > 584PP > Racing Hard tires as default

Cheers :tup:

Sorry, I will not do that, enjoy the full-beauty replay once the DLC is out :)

I am gearing for a Friday Online Session with my buddies and I will try it. More answers in the #3 Update later.

Thank you for your interest and feel free to ask more questions, I will tr answering them. Regards!

#3 UPDATE

This is final update for tonight and rather nice one. Although none of my friends can't yet download DLC, we are all currently racing a great Free Race Track Day on Spa Francorchamps.

Apparently when owner of the Lounge have DLC track enabled, all people in his Lobby can can use it.

My initial impressions about this DLC are stunning.

Spa itself is the #2 most beautiful track modeled in GT5, because crown is strongly hold by 24Hour Nurburgring because of Night/Day transition. I have strong hopes how PD will decide to add day/night transition on Spa one day, it will be nothing less than glorious. Kart Arena is also beautiful and I hope one day will be able to try it with some normal cars :)

New cars are blast, especially my favorite Mazdas. Sounds are amazing, handling is nothing short than trilling and overall design of vehicles - with cockpits being absolutely spectacular in front/side and rear view - the rear views are my favorite - is second-to-none.

I really love the new Gear Items, all suits and helmets will add a great amount of variety for online racing and recognition among players, especially in open vehicles.

Also, new Paint Items do not disappoint. Although I am very minimalistic about my vehicles I already see I will buy many additional cars to test all new colors. Also, I can presume how some of the colors will amaze people who love to take photographs because of the shaders they enforce.

In conclusion, this is one great DLC and I am really happy I had a chance to try it fey days before release. I once more apologize for not-a-such-great quality of the video, however you all be able to witness sthe stunning beauty delivered by this DLC in less than 72 hours.

Thank you very much Polyphony Digital for this update and I hope in short time we'll be able to contribute your development process even more for some future DLC's.

Thank to all who found this overview useful, see you on Radillon in Tuesday :tup:

UPDATE #4

This unplanned update is done thanx to www.TaxiGamer.com and GTP member R0M who gave me the opportunity to present few Spa videos in stunning 720p/60fps quality.

Please follow these links to see the first incarnation of Spa Francorchamps in Gran Turismo series in the full beauty.

[​IMG]

> Spa Francorchamps Time Trial with Ferrari F10

> Spa Francorchamps Time Trial with Ferrari F10 Replay

[​IMG]

> Spa Francorchamps Race with new DLC Mazda RX-7 TC

> Spa Francorchamps Race with new DLC Mazda RX-7 TC Replay

[​IMG]

> Spa Francorchamps Rain Time Trial with TVR Tamora

> Spa Francorchamps Rain Time Trial with TVR Tamora Replay

Please enjoy this. Once more thank you very much R0M for this great opportunity to share this with the GTP and worldwide Gran Turismo community.

Also, I apologize once more, especially to Polyphony Digital and everybody else for not being able to provide full-quality footage earlier. Original F1 Spa videos have been replaced with the proper high-quality videos.

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. CMICK64

CMICK64

What are the specs of the DLC cars?

3. noisiaturismo

noisiaturismo (Banned)

??? How do you know this?

4. Jason_B

Jason_B Premium

Thanks Amar, you've always done a great job with the up coming news of this series.

Do the cars show up in the dealership to buy as well? Only 1 paint chip? Can you go back and get the paint chips again?

5. KWZX10

KWZX10

Ahhh SPA looks great :drool: thanks for the preview man.

6. Sselecta

Sselecta

:tup:

Any footage of the kart track?

7. trk29

trk29

KILLER! Thanks Amar. Looks better than Shift that is for sure.

8. DickDastardly

DickDastardly

Nice. Are the paint chips one-use only, and if so, can they be duped? Have you tried sending them?

9. Sutuki

Sutuki Premium

This is what I would like to know as well...

10. ghostrider135

ghostrider135

Im also curious about the paints is it a 1 use thing and then the paint item is gone and dlc needs to be bought again.

11. deep_sky

deep_sky

Please tell me paint chips aren't restricted to one usage each...

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

DANG, amar... the Doctor is IN! :lol: SO jealous...

As for those paint chips, I have a feeling I'm going to be sitting on them for a long time, until more DLC is available.

13. drummermaniac

drummermaniac

Jesus Christ...

Spa looks simply stunning , thanks for the Info amar .

14. Vspectra

Vspectra

OMG, looks amazing. Can you take any photomode pics?

15. gtuned

gtuned

And with just one post, amar just became the most envied used on GTP.
    Great write up, now i'm even more excited for the DLC.
    How did you get the pack so early ?

16. GTP_FastM3

GTP_FastM3 Premium

Any idea of what we can use Spa for. Any indication that there will be some events using the track, or is it looking like Practice and Online only?

17. LuBu

LuBu

Wow, Spa looks awesome. :drool: I'd also like to know if the cars appear in one of the dealerships. Here's hoping for some form of seasonal with one or both of the new tracks.

18. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

Wow, amar, I am jealous.
    How are the replay cameras in Spa and is the lighting just as stunning as from Suzuka with the changeable weather?

19. ghostrider135

ghostrider135

Also another good question would be nice to use it in some of the championships in A and B spec replace some of the original tracks would be nice.

20. esoxhntr

esoxhntr

He might be a while answering.. I'd be running Spa in one of those fandangled Touring Cars for a few hours if I were him. :D

There are some important questions asked above though!!

21. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Amar, I have one question:

The DLC news release said that there are two tracks, with a total of 5 variations. I would assume the Kart track (1&2) are the first two, so does that mean that Spa has 3 variations?

Edit: Possible to get the specs on the MX-5 Miata Touring?

22. This is madness!

So that's how this one dude was able to get a screenshot of a car on the Kart Space track.

23. gtuned

gtuned

that one was still fake though, photoshopped from a GT5P picture i beleive.

24. amar212

amar212 Premium

Replay of Spa added in the first post.

25. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

One thing though, the colors are washed out. Just kidding. ;)

He's a gaming journalist in Europe, and has been instrumental in getting early Gran Turismo info to us via GT Planet. All hail the King! :lol:

I wonder if hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of credit cards have just been placed in strategic places in preparation for next week...

Also, I'm hoping that PD opens up the A-Spec section and drastically expands it with new events, using all the tracks. Or... is this pending the release of all those classic tracks? Still, can hardly wait to try an Arcade race full of Touring Cars and FGTs! :tup:

26. Furi

Furi Premium

How did ya do it????!!!

27. KWZX10

KWZX10

Mh no probably are 5 because of 1&2 reverse.

edit-No wait like that it's 6 LOL sorry

28. gtuned

gtuned

Ohh... Makes sense now :lol: Still drooling over that Kart Space, can we take full sized cars on it like the other Kart tracks ?

29. Big Ron

Big Ron

I will kill Kaz, if the paint chips are just for one usage and the cars do not appear at car dealer.

Imagine, if you need to buy the paint chips dlc several time, because you spend them for your cars.

That would be rediculous.

30. shirakawaa

shirakawaa Premium

Could it be that the new paint chips can be won normally by doing seasonal races, but the DLC gives you them all at once?

By the way, I'm looking forward to see a Kart Space video with a normal car!