GTP Exhaust + Car best Combo's

Some suggestions (I do very thorough testing on all cars before picking an exhaust.):

BMW 135i Coupe: Semi-Racing (Sounds Alkaprovic-like)
BMW 2002 Turbo '73: Sports
BMW M3 GTR '03: Stock (Amazing V8 sound.)
Gran Turismo 350Z RS: Sports
Honda CR-X SiR '90: Racing (Glorious B16 sound.)
Honda CRZ o '10: Racing
Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01/'04: Racing
Honda NSX Type R '02: Racing (Very aggressive, sounds very similar to real upgraded exhausts.)
Honda S2000 '06 - Racing (Sports is generic on all Hondas, racing is comparable to the J's Racing, T1R 70R, or Amuse R1)
Honda Civic Type R FD2 '08 - Racing (Same motor as the DC5, so why give it the EK sound?)
Lotus Elise 111R '04 - Semi-Racing (Proper Toyota sound)
Mazda RX-7 GT-x (FC) '90: Racing (Good ol' 13B rotary sound here.)
Mazda RX-8: Sports (Sounds closest to the Renesis to me.)
McLaren MP4-12C '10 - Sports (Sounds louder and just as close to real as stock.)
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II '91: Racing
Mini Cooper S '11: Racing
Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70: Racing
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07: Sports/Semi-Racing (Sports sounds more street, semi-racing sounds like a higher horsepower application.)
Nissan Fairlady 370Z '08 - Sports (Titanium has a very generic and not very VQ37-like.)
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09/Black edition '12: Sports (Password JDM sound)
Nissan Silvia K's Dias Selection (S13) '90 - Sports (Best being Semi-Race? Sounds nothing like a CA18.)
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero '02: Sports (Very close to an aggressive SR20.)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II (R32) '94: Semi-Racing
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec (R33) '97: Semi-Racing
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II Nur (R34) '02: Sports (Mix of the N1 motor plus common R34 exhaust applications.)
Nissan Skyline GT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70: Racing
Subaru Impreza WRX STI spex C Type RA '05: Stock/Sports (This applies for all premium boxers, since they share exhaust notes.)
Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07: Stock/Sports
Toyota 86 GT '12: Stock/Sports
Toyota IS 200 (K)/RS200 '98: Stock (Glorious.)
Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97: Racing
Toyota MR-S S Edition '99: Racing
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83: Semi-Racing (Sounds a lot like Keiichi Tsuchiya's 86.)
Toyota Starlet Glanza V '97: Semi-Racing
Toyota Vitz RS Turbo '02: Semi-Racing
Volkswagen Golf R32 '03: Sports
Volkswagen Golf R '10: Sports
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10: Sports

Hope I contributed something. 👍

Gran-Turismo 350Z RS aka the Amuze/Opera Performance Gran- Turismo 350Z RS (true name was shortened in the final version of the game)

Simply buy it and drive it stock. The exhaust sounds like a true 350z. Slowly rev it up and hear that beautiful sound.
This includes my opinion is the best sounding car in GT5

Another pretty great sounding exhaust is on the 1969 Chevrolet Comaro Z28 with the sports exhaust. Maybe not the best but nice sound.

RE Amemiya RX-7: titanium racing exhaust

After trying a few RX-7s it seems the spirit type R is the only one with the weird sounding racing exhaust, all the others I have tried sound the best with the racing exhaust either premium or standard. I haven't tried any racing cars though.

Both RE Amemiya RX-7's exhausts (semi-racing & titanium racing exhaust) sound preety much like this:

With semi-racing exhaust:

With titanium racing exhaust:

And even though I'm more inclined to say the original one (the semi-racing exhaust) sounds more realistic, the titanium racing exhaust also has practically the same note. So I'd say they're both realistic.

Wow thanks for all the contributions guys!

So what are we coming to the conclusion on for the RX7? Full race of semi race exhaust.

To sum all the posts about it so far:

RE Amemiya

Both RE Amemiya RX-7's exhausts (semi-racing & titanium racing exhaust) sound preety much like this:

And even though I'm more inclined to say the original one (the semi-racing exhaust) sounds more realistic, the titanium racing exhaust also has practically the same note. So I'd say they're both realistic.

RE Amemiya RX-7: titanium racing exhaust

Mazda

After trying a few RX-7s it seems the spirit type R is the only one with the weird sounding racing exhaust, all the others I have tried sound the best with the racing exhaust either premium or standard. I haven't tried any racing cars though.

I belive the one who reccomended this said the premium RX-7's.
The '91 efini Type R and the '02 Spirit R Type A don't share exhaust notes with any exhaust, although the Spirit R's semi-racing is the same as the efini's full racing exhaust note, which sounds good imo if unrealistic.

As for the standard ones, they dont sound the same as each other either, at least not all of them. The '01 Type R Bathurst shares its semi-racing with the Spirit R, but none else (its full racing sounds like the R8 LMS).
The '96 efini Type RS sounds different again, but shares the full racing exhaust with the premium '91 efini Type R.
Though all of the 4 do have very simmilar stock exhaut notes, perhaps the same.

Another car that people are discussing here is the RX-7. I've only driven the old FD, and it sounds glorious with the stock exhaust. Just what you'd expect from a Wenkel engine. I like the stock exhaust on the RX-8 as well since it still sounds like a rotary, but you can notice the difference between the RX-7's Wenkel and the RX-8's Renesis. I haven't really bothered to try othere exhaust with these. I would expect the sound getting messed up...

I agree that the RX-7 FD sounds realistic with the stock exhaust 👍
Both standards and premiums.

I just tried the RX-7 standard and they have different sounds, the racing exhaust isn't as bad as on the premium car. The premium sounds kind of like a quad rotor with racing exhaust.
I always like the sound of a tuned rotary in real life, I also like 2 strokes.

Mazda RX-7 (standard): racing titanium exhaust

Some suggestions (I do very thorough testing on all cars before picking an exhaust.):

Mazda RX-7 GT-x (FC) '90: Racing (Good ol' 13B rotary sound here.)
Mazda RX-8: Sports (Sounds closest to the Renesis to me.)

I'd go for the Racing one. It seems to be raspier than the Semi-Racing, hence closer to the real car.

What I gather from this is:

_Any Mazda RX-7 FD and RX-8 sounds realistic with stock exhaust because they sound like rotaries and even the diference between the engines/exhaust notes is noticeable;

_The Semi-Racing exhaust sounds realistic on the RE Amemiya, and good, yet unrealistic on the Mazda FD spirit type R '02;

_The Racing exhaust sounds realistic on the Mazda RX-7 GT-x (FC), sounds unrealistic on both premium FDs, but realistic on standard FDs, except on '01 Type R Bathurst & '96 efini Type RS;

About zedextreme8177's opinion, I don't know if it applies generally or to any specific RX-7.

Something might have escaped me as it's quite late at night and I'm doozing off, but I think that's preety much it.

Last edited:
A correction I'd like to make - no exhaust is exact but the Semi-Race exhaust of the Golf IV R32 sounds more realistic to me. Still sounds like a Supra, but sounds as close to real as possible.

A correction I'd like to make - no exhaust is exact but the Semi-Race exhaust of the Golf IV R32 sounds more realistic to me. Still sounds like a Supra, but sounds as close to real as possible.

The funny thing about VR6s is that, on the exhaust side, they do sound very much like a Supra, although there's usually a bit of extra fluffiness, if the port lengths aren't "corrected" in the manifold, that you don't get on a single-turbo Supra, and not quite the same growl you get on the stock twins, but that's harder to hear. Anyway, we shouldn't be that surprised given they're both essentially straight sixes with 6-into-(eventually)-1 exhausts.

What's missing on the Golf in GT5, though, is the lumpy intake sound that more-or-less defines the VR engine range, sonically.

AE86 Trueno/Levin - Sporty Muffler and lv3 NA tune
sounds very similar to the real tuned ae86 used by tsuchiya in best motoring (the NA tune is for increase the rev) also sounds like ae86 from initial d wich is pretty realistic

Renault 5 Turbo - Titanium Racing Exhaust.

Makes a fantastic burble at low revs and a deep roar high-up. 👍

(Paint it electric orange with black rims (fully tuned/RS) and it becomes your Favourite car out of 1000. ;))

AE86 Trueno/Levin - Sporty Muffler and lv3 NA tune
sounds very similar to the real tuned ae86 used by tsuchiya in best motoring (the NA tune is for increase the rev) also sounds like ae86 from initial d wich is pretty realistic

I believe the actual car is modelled in the game in it's own right, Toyota Sprinter (S. Shigeno vers.) '00
ToyotaSprinterTruenoGTA-PexShigeno2000.jpg

Stage 3 NA tune and racing exhaust makes it rev out to 10,000rpm

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione not sure of yr. titanium racing exhaust. Just a gorgeous car and an Uber sexy engine note. nice low rumble that progresses smoothly up to a wondrous roar all from a disinctly italian V8

Been tinkering around with a few more cars recently and decided to drift tune a MG TF160 and wanted to try and get that distinct K-Series Rover sound. The closest match I could get was with the Semi Racing exhaust, although it's a little bit too "S2000" for my liking.

I tell you what since I have got my G27 i have been cruising a lot.

First night I started making cruising transmissions as in putting the top speed all the way up and final gear all the way to the left and the gears to the left too. And the results are amazing on exhaust notes.

I will record a few and post which of them is which. I am pretty sure my phone will do justice enough. I have two 5.1 surround sound systems that i cam play at the same time to make it sound great too.

Ferrari 458 + engine tuning 1 + sports exhaust.
Amazing sound. You keep the good sound but it sounds deper like a MP4-12C.
More realistic imo

The Audi R8 4.2 maxed out, with turbo and stock exhaust sounds bloody awesome!

The sound of a V8 plus turbo whine, what's not to love? :drool:

TRY IT! 👍

Smuttysy
I believe the actual car is modelled in the game in it's own right, Toyota Sprinter (S. Shigeno vers.) '00

Stage 3 NA tune and racing exhaust makes it rev out to 10,000rpm

Yep. It is a Initial D car

There's a mistake on the list. The Audi Le Mans Quattro has a V10 not a V12 engine, so if someone said that neither exhaust sounds real because none sounds like a V12 should go check it again for V10 sounds.

If it's just a typo, then there's the correction. ^

Edit: And for the BMW, the E46 with the v8 should have GTR added because the 'normal' and the CSL ones are also E46s.

Last edited:
Premium RE-AMEMIYA race sounds the best for a rotary I think, personally I love the Nissan GT-R S-Tune, for some reason it feels like it maybe sounds more raw than the other RB's.

Remember guys, this is most realistic Stock exhaust note.

Ferrari 458 + engine tuning 1 + sports exhaust.
Amazing sound. You keep the good sound but it sounds deper like a MP4-12C.
More realistic imo

That's actually surprising, I'm going to have to try that.

T51R
Premium RE-AMEMIYA race sounds the best for a rotary I think, personally I love the Nissan GT-R S-Tune, for some reason it feels like it maybe sounds more raw than the other RB's.

You should hear that rx-7 with the clutch below the idling RPM just above the car dieing.
Spoiler alert it is amazing.

Back