GTP Exhaust + Car best Combo's

IMO a semi-racing exhaust on the RX-8 concept-II, makes it sound like this:

Can anyone else confirm whether it does or it's just me?

Last edited:
IMO a semi-racing exhaust on the RX-8 concept-II, makes it sound like this:

Can anyone else confirm whether it does or it's just me?

Ya you're right, but remember; we're looking for the best "stock" sound. Some cars sounds closer to their stock variant with an exhaust on this game 👍

Duman079
Premiuim Eunos roadster (mx5) with titanium race exhaust!

C63 AMG stock exhaust with turbo :drool:.

Yeah the C63 sounds great with the stock exhaust

The mx5 sounds amazing like that..
And yes the

No I mean literally it does sound like the black edition

MYTH CONFIRMED

Good fun when you take it out in a room full of noobs and humming children and tell them it's been engine swapped!
How does PD think that changing the exhaust would remove 10 cylinders from the displacement of the Veyron's engine?! (Or at least, would lose the 16 cylinder characteristic note.)

BlameAuntJemima
I wonder what other cars in GT5 have an exhaust that sounds like the car had an engine swap.

Shelby GT350 when you put either sports or semi titanium. It makes it sound like a Nissan hahaha

I wonder what other cars in GT5 have an exhaust that sounds like the car had an engine swap.

Pretty much all the Japanese 6 cylinder engines. Accord EX Coupe with Sports exhaust = Supra RZ with full race exhaust, for example.
Same goes for semi race on most NSX's, giving the exact same effect, (Supra sound) Funniest I found was the Infiniti G35, I think, which can sound like a Skyline, NSX or Supra!

Smuttysy
MYTH CONFIRMED

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcQvWfeUbw">YouTube Link</a>

Good fun when you take it out in a room full of noobs and humming children and tell them it's been engine swapped!
How does PD think that changing the exhaust would remove 10 cylinders from the displacement of the Veyron's engine?! (Or at least, would lose the 16 cylinder characteristic note.)

I wasn't kidding hahaha.

I wasn't kidding hahaha.

The amount of squeaky voices I've heard offering me a trade for it is hilarious, especially since they also seem to be aware of the trade cap sometimes.
There's a few others that get this "sound transplant" treatment, but can't think of them off the top of my head. I think I may have even posted some very early in this thread's life, as I reviewed each individual exhaust across a vast number of cars.

Smuttysy
The amount of squeaky voices I've heard offering me a trade for it is hilarious, especially since they also seem to be aware of the trade cap sometimes.
There's a few others that get this "sound transplant" treatment, but can't think of them off the top of my head. I think I may have even posted some very early in this thread's life, as I reviewed each individual exhaust across a vast number of cars.

Lock2Lock
Shelby GT350 when you put either sports or semi titanium. It makes it sound like a Nissan hahaha

That one

Pretty much all the Japanese 6 cylinder engines. Accord EX Coupe with Sports exhaust = Supra RZ with full race exhaust, for example.
Same goes for semi race on most NSX's, giving the exact same effect, (Supra sound) Funniest I found was the Infiniti G35, I think, which can sound like a Skyline, NSX or Supra!
I need to try those out. :lol:

hahahaha:tup:

300ZX sounds terrible with the semi racing.

The premium 300ZX sounds fantastic with the sports exhaust.

Not necessarily a sound test, but a video i made wit the sports exhaust, when you actually hear it. haha. Start at 1:35

Last edited:
The TVR Speed 6 (the premium one) with full racing exhaust sounds absolutely amazing. Is it realistic or not? I don't know, I have no idea what a TVR sounds like lol. I just really like how it sounds. Unfortunately I don't use 3rd person/chase view so I never actually hear it all that much. I sometimes just switch to that view to hear it, but end up going back because that view is terrible.

MYTH CONFIRMED
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcQvWfeUbw

I wouldn't say it's a "characteristic" 16-cylinder note, although it's caused by 45° firing intervals, which is the natural angle for an even-firing, four-stroke 16-cylinder engine (like in my avatar: the crank pins are split by 45°). The characteristic 16 cylinder sound, for me, is the same as a cross-plane V8 or, rather, inline 8, since a V16 is usually two of those set at 135° (90+45) or 45°. That sound is two cross-plane fours offset by 90° - the Veyron is closer to two cross-plane fours offset by 45°.

There is only one other car that sounds like a Veyron "naturally", and it's this. It's not quite the same because the four turbo manifolds and the staggered nature of the "W16" cause unequalness in the exhaust that isn't there (in the same way as it is) in that monstrosity. :dopey:

That's not unrealistic, they're all six-cylinders, so they're bound to sound interchangeable with similar exhaust setups! I'll not bother going into detail, but remember that all 6 cylinder engines tend to have their exhausts split into even firing triples, then joined together further downstream. Performance exhausts tend to be equal length, so the difference in geometry just isn't apparent any more. It still is on the intake side, but that's not in GT.

There are loads of cars that have totally the wrong sounds when you start modifying, and too many that are stock, too. This all means that we need more flexibility in the sound customisation aspect of the game - if we want our NSX to sound like a Supra, we should be able to do it (because we can in real life), and vice versa. Sounds should be categorised by cylinder number and state of tune, and we should be able to pick them based on preference.
Ideally, you could design your own exhaust manifolds etc. and get the sounds via more realistic methods, but that's much harder to do...

It makes me mad that PD did this with most of the exhaust sounds seems like they copied and pasted a lot of the sounds.

It makes me mad that PD did this with most of the exhaust sounds seems like they copied and pasted a lot of the sounds.

There are probably something like over 500 unique engines in the game, with four exhaust sounds each. That's 2000 sets of sounds (6500 - 7500 samples), at least, to have to produce for the game. There's going to be a little bit of copy and paste, although I wish it were confined to modified sounds only.

Back