>>> GTP Fantasy Football League <<<

• Thread starter Rue
  • 144 comments
I was so cose to buying him. And Babayaro and Geremi, but i shifted some funds and all's well that end's well.

Bollocks! Angel had a knee-op yesterday and is out for 6 weeks!

Still, Mellberg kept me a clean sheet, and Jay-Jay (so good they named him twice) Okocha nicked me two goals.

Famine
Bollocks! Angel had a knee-op yesterday and is out for 6 weeks!

Still, Mellberg kept me a clean sheet, and Jay-Jay (so good they named him twice) Okocha nicked me two goals.

Reyes, Ljungberg and Pires all scored for me :D

You blinkin' gooner.

Cisse scored for me. :indiff:

*EDIT - Pretty close at the top, Famine is leading me by one point.

I'm trying to look around to see if there are any problems listed guys, I've noticed about the lack of points for some people.

Maybe they're not giving any points to Arsenal players. :D

911_Carrera
*EDIT - Pretty close at the top, Famine is leading me by one point.

Not what Yahoo! says...

1 Yuo Is Teh Suck 63
2 Mike Rotch's Awesomes XI 50
3 GT Planeteers 47
4 Welshmen better than Brett. 46
5 DQuaN's Barmy Army 35
6 silverzone's crew 32
6 Idiot FC 32

I have exactly half the points of the leader. Makes you wonder what you have to do, really (well, aside from picking 11 fit players who actually play in the Premiership. Astonishingly Emerson Thome went up in value, despite being a Wigan player. So I sold him).

Now, if you want. Players are "locked in" for the week from Saturday to Friday, but you can change the team around at any point during the week to take effect from the next Saturday.

Angel has been dumped for Alan Smith (Manchester United at home to Norwich), with Emerson Thome making way, at a profit, for Mikael SIlvestre (same reason as above). Thomas Helveg has been ditched (for exactly the same reason) and replaced with Frank Lampard Jr (Chelsea away at Birmingham).

I've made a 33.82 profit on Jay-Jay Okocha, but I think he can stay (Bolton at Fulham), and a 17.56 profit on Reyes but he's not going anywhere.

Famine
Not what Yahoo! says...

1 Yuo Is Teh Suck 63
2 Mike Rotch's Awesomes XI 50
3 GT Planeteers 47
4 Welshmen better than Brett. 46
5 DQuaN's Barmy Army 35
6 silverzone's crew 32
6 Idiot FC 32

I have exactly half the points of the leader. Makes you wonder what you have to do, really (well, aside from picking 11 fit players who actually play in the Premiership. Astonishingly Emerson Thome went up in value, despite being a Wigan player. So I sold him).
I must have been looking while it was updating. :indiff:

It looks like they're still updating...

1 Yuo Is Teh Suck 73
2 Mike Rotch's Awesomes XI 55
3 Welshmen better than Brett. 51
4 GT Planeteers 47
5 Idiot FC 42
6 DQuaN's Barmy Army 40
7 silverzone's crew 37

Hey. I'm not complaining :D I've gone up 12,900 places overall (to 24,715th... :D) :lol:

Robben out, Giggs in. Three of my defenders have dropped by 2/3rds in value :grumpy:

Reyes and Ljungberg are my biggest profit centers. Is the object of the game to get as many fantasy points as possible, or to get the highest salary cap?

Fantasy points.

The big deal about the salary cap is that you can buy cheap, they can make you money and you can buy better players that you couldn't at the start. 👍

Maybe they're giving points for training sessions too, the amount of updating that's going on. :lol:

The object is to get as many points as possible.

Theoretically, by making smart picks, you can increase your salary cap until you've got a team of high-scoring superstars. Or Chelsea, as they're more commonly known. But in practice, the high-scoring superstars aren't high-scoring superstars every week.

What I'm trying to do is make my salary cap SO high that I have the luxury of picking any 11 I want every week. But Reyes will be the player of the season, so unless he's injured he's staying in the team.

Famine
The object is to get as many points as possible.

Theoretically, by making smart picks, you can increase your salary cap until you've got a team of high-scoring superstars. Or Chelsea, as they're more commonly known. But in practice, the high-scoring superstars aren't high-scoring superstars every week.

What I'm trying to do is make my salary cap SO high that I have the luxury of picking any 11 I want every week. But Reyes will be the player of the season, so unless he's injured he's staying in the team.

👍

I am glad I sold Geremi when i did. I bought him for about 8.5, sold him for 8.5 and now he is worth 1. 👍

Alan Smith has Dropped 10m to 2m so i have snapped him up as ManU are at home to Norwich this weekend. I lost 6M on Kluivert so there is no point selling him as he is only worth 1.5M :( I could be in trouble here. Henry has dropped 2M as well.

DQuaN
as ManU are at home to Norwich this weekend

Yes! That's the way to go - buy for the next week's games. But don't forget that players are locked for the full week, so check your mid-week fixtures too. This week doesn't count, because there's internationals tonight... :D

Do Internationals have any affect on a players value? Ledley king and John Terry played well. Did everyone see Wright-Phillips' goal? Not bad for a debut! Ol Righty was pretty pleased.

Sold Schwarzer for 4, bought Niemi for 1 👍

No point in having Schwarzer if Reyes is going to put a few past him :D

Crapit, when the hell is Sol Campbell comming back from Injury?

And why won't they play Robben? and why won't Allan Smith score.

It's a conspiricy I tell thee.

1 Mike Rotch's Awesomes XI 231
2 Yuo Is Teh Suck 212
3 DQuaN's Barmy Army 193
4 GT Planeteers 182
5 Welshmen better than Brett. 145
6 Idiot FC 139
7 silverzone's crew 97

How in the hell did that happen?

I don't understand why they bothered buying him if he is just going to get 20 mins of every game.

You just wait untill Sol Cambell comes back. :shakefist:

Back