GTP Formula D S4 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 34 comments
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
Ok with all the hybrid-ing going on right now I felt the need to start a discussion thread about what will and won't be allowed in S4 of FD.

**This thread is NOT for discussion on how or where to obtain any codes or programs.**

So here is what I'm thinking of, I will also be submitting a poll when I have time. These regulations are all subject to change.

1000hp limit
NO race chassis that have downforce
RWD only
Possibly switching to a different tire (I.E. Comfort Mediums or a different type for comfort hards)
1100kg minimum weight requirement.
Moving events to Saturdays (not finalized)

Last edited:
I suggest to stay on comfort hards, a well set up 1000hp car can get the power down decently with these tires + using different tires has caused SO much argueing in the past, let's not revive it again.

No race chassis allowed is good as well in my opinion. They do give a significantly higher grip and speed, might take the fun in the battles away. There is always a street car chassis that can give your car a nice stance and grip, just look at Ants list growing quickly.

Might get a problem with people who want to use RWD converted Skylines, Subarus etc. Even if they are RWD they will get thrown off the track when the lobby is limited to 2 wheel drive.

Last edited:
Yeah, hadn't thought about that. Just remembered there is a way to alter weight as well, so I will probably either have to add a minimum weight limit or outlaw rediculous weight reductions/weight modding.

Edit: OP updated.

4wd converted will not get thrown off track. You just will not be able to see them in you garage. We tested it last night. With all of th eavailable chassis, it wont be hard to find street cars to get chassis from to be able to put 1000hp to ground easily. I know my 900hp R32 puts it down just fine and it is not finished being tuned quite yet. I would also look into putting a weight limit as it is easily changed now.

Ok didn't know this about the RWD converted cars, but nice one problem less. Min. weight is a good idea, too.

Updated OP with one more change, possibly changing events to Saturdays, that way we could do a better qualifying format, and I would be able to make a top 16 final instead of top 8 because I wouldn't be time restricted.

I'd be game if it was on Saturdays just every other. I would keep it to comfort hards also.

As we explained before, I think a PP limit is necessary to even out the field... especially with all the crazy hybrids being built. Our original 550pp might be changed to a higher number, since I'm encountering an average of 575-600pp now... Other than that, I would rather have it comfort hards as well. Everything else we discussed still stands lol :D

With a PP limit it will be based of weight and hp. So essentially a miata could compete but wont be nearly as quick as some of the other hybrids.

Yeah I think a PP limit would be the way to go, and probably have a "technical inspection" before you're allowed to compete, having drivers put their cars on share so I can have a look and see if any down force is being used, etc.

Rear downforce should be allowed. Front downforce should not be. Rear downforce helps stablize some cars and makes them more managable

Rear downforce should be allowed. Front downforce should not be. Rear downforce helps stablize some cars and makes them more managable

Yep, rear downforce was always allowed in previous seasons, it was always optional to run it.

What I want to stay away from is the front downforce used in combination for ovarall grip and speed advantages.

Last edited:
4wd converted will not get thrown off track. You just will not be able to see them in you garage. We tested it last night. With all of th eavailable chassis, it wont be hard to find street cars to get chassis from to be able to put 1000hp to ground easily. I know my 900hp R32 puts it down just fine and it is not finished being tuned quite yet. I would also look into putting a weight limit as it is easily changed now.

you only care about speed?

With a PP limit it will be based of weight and hp. So essentially a miata could compete but wont be nearly as quick as some of the other hybrids.

you only care about speed? in drifting yo also need to have angle

Yeah I think a PP limit would be the way to go, and probably have a "technical inspection" before you're allowed to compete, having drivers put their cars on share so I can have a look and see if any down force is being used, etc.

like steeling others Tunes??????????

like steeling others Tunes??????????

:lol: No, I wouldn't be stealing tunes. I make all my own tunes for my own style of drifting. My tunes are usually the opposite direction of most people.

I hardly use other peoples tunes when they offer them to me.

:lol: No, I wouldn't be stealing tunes. I make all my own tunes for my own style of drifting. My tunes are usually the opposite direction of most people.

I hardly use other peoples tunes when they offer them to me.

okey:)

Ls I dont only car about speed. but using a controller only so much angle can be held with out washing out.

Ls I dont only car about speed. but using a controller only so much angle can be held with out washing out.

+1

@IS
Plus, right now with hybrids, SPEED DIFFERENCE is one of the major issues we are facing right now, so that's why it's being discussed so much.

People still care about angle, and angle will still be there....but building hybrids doesn't cause issues in regards to the amount of angle that is possible. Building hybrids does, however, effect the speeds that are possible.

In formulaD i see cars up to 1200HP this....... looking at daigo saito's Lexus SC430 , with his 2jz swap... would it make a difference when a car this pulls away with speed with no angle? what about the people with no hybirds?
Would you guys allow zr1 if thats the case? Sorry if you don't understand what im saying.:)

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

With the advancement of Hybrids, I think the only way to have a fair comp is to have it nearly unrestricted. The only restrictions I would put in place are:

- PP limit
- CH tires
- drive must come from rear wheels only (ie no AWD, no FWD)

I would allow MR, as it's very easy to make any FR car handle like an MR now.

I would say any car can enter (ACR, ZR1, Spirit R etc).

For those who will complain that they don't have access to hybrids, suck it up. Either pick a competitive car that's available in-game, or get someone here to build you a hybrid. It's easy as pie, and takes less than an hour to actually build (less than 15 min in the case of a simple engine and chassis swap).

+1

@IS
Plus, right now with hybrids, SPEED DIFFERENCE is one of the major issues we are facing right now, so that's why it's being discussed so much.

People still care about angle, and angle will still be there....but building hybrids doesn't cause issues in regards to the amount of angle that is possible. Building hybrids does, however, effect the speeds that are possible.

Correct, right now with all the different chassis you can use it can really change how quick a car can be.

I need someone who knows how to take downforce off of race chassis to PM me. I haven't found anyone who can show me yet, and as soon as I get this figured out to do some testing I can move forward with getting S4 going.

Latest Posts

Back