GTP Formula D Season 4 | New OP Please READ

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 630 comments

Would you like the rounds to take place on Saturday afternoons?

• Yes, Saturday afternoons would be better.

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No, Keep the original day and time.

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this happening on the weekends? Someone said it would happen on weekends but the op says weekdays. I will be highly interested if it is weekends.

Wooooooooooooooow, looks like the party's over. PD just said they're going to start banning PSN id's with "illicitly modified game data" :grumpy:

Then We do a comp before everyone brake there gT5 game in 10000000 pices xD
If We can't use Hacked cars in lounge ;)

Last edited:
Wooooooooooooooow, looks like the party's over. PD just said they're going to start banning PSN id's with "illicitly modified game data" :grumpy:

Wow this is completely why i went to forza 4. :lol: i knew this was go happen.

DriftRyuji
Wow this is completely why i went to forza 4. :lol: i knew this was go happen.

They arent going to check everyones save. Just done go to a open lobby where someone can report you.

It says they're going to be checking for "illicitly modified game saves" and if I'm not mistaken, even private lobbies connect to the GT5 servers. I'm going to be testing the hybrids out on my 3rd account I almost never use so I don't lose my main or GTP account. PD blows

Well danm son..... Well it was fun.... looks like were all gonna get banned. lol GT5 and this account have been around for a LOOONNNGG time. Guess I'll see ya'll when I see ya.

it's more realistic for PD to catch these people by looking at seasonal event rankings. There can't be a person going through all the PSNs etc. Most Likely if you're reported or seen using hybrids for seasonal events.

Also I think they will try to address the people who hack accounts and not just the cars. People with >20mil might be under some pressure because all this information is easy to see online. Not so much the cars in your garage.

With that being said I think it's safe to say that no one here would be banned because we don't go into lobbies with 8000hp cars etc. Once we keep to ourselves we should be safe.

Or better yet... build sleepers

So you guys can't mod your cars anymore And are going to give up GT5 because of that? Get back to using standards and start showing again that its not about the car but the driver.

Maybe this'll give Kaz a heads up like "Hey maybe we should add a lot of customization because a lot of people came back because of this."

yeah, think about as if although this might be over it has become an inspiration for future games for Kaz as it got tons of more people to be interested on a 3 year-old game.

Hopefully it does give him insparation to put a much larger customization in GT6! J

ust hope his pride doesn't blind him to see that even though this kinda hurt GT in the short run with them planning to ban people it definatly helped in a way too because ALOT of people who had given up on GT5 because it got "Boring and Repetative" came back.

Simply for the fact that even though it wasn't customization happy like Forza it was ALOT more than we had in years prior.

Now don't jump the gun too quickly LV. As of right now I know many are scared up their ass about being banned from GT5 online services or a permanent console ban, who knows what PD's & SONY's actions are unless we here from somebody that has received the ban firsthand. Look at this as of now, GT5 has sold over 9.2 million copies. Now not all people who have bought a copy may not be able to go online for whatever reason, mainly not having internet in the first place. But do you honestly think they're going to scan at least 7 to 8 million game saves for people who even have one hybrid sitting in their damn garage? As of now you can highly agree that they are focusing on the Seasonal Events and the people sending reports from public lobbies. You can only imagine they can care less about someone who doesn't even participate in Seasonal Events and sits in their lounge all day (me). PD also has their hands full with the development of GT6 and acquiring their licence for the PS4. As long as you keep your ass out of open lobbies & Seasonal Events with a hybrid and keep this competition in a lounge as always, there's nothing to be worried about.

Well that may be true ant like you said all we can do is wait and see. I know if I'm not in my lounge or a lounge with you guys I NEVER go to open lobbies. Even before the modding I avoided open lobbies like a plague!

So if I wasn't with ya'll I'm either on Dead Space, Uncharted, or NFS... YES I SAID IT NFS!! LOL

But we'll know if not in a couple of hours then within the next day or so. Until then I suggest we try to avoid using our modded cars online just to be on the safe side.

I'm not jumping the gun just yet, but I'm not gonna risk getting my PSN's I've had since the PS3 launched (2006) banned. I still do a lot of racing on GT5 and other games.

Agreed. This account I have is just as old. Had my PS3 since 07 and this account since then. So I've done alot on here as well.

it's more realistic for PD to catch these people by looking at seasonal event rankings. There can't be a person going through all the PSNs etc. Most Likely if you're reported or seen using hybrids for seasonal events.

Also I think they will try to address the people who hack accounts and not just the cars. People with >20mil might be under some pressure because all this information is easy to see online. Not so much the cars in your garage.

With that being said I think it's safe to say that no one here would be banned because we don't go into lobbies with 8000hp cars etc. Once we keep to ourselves we should be safe.

Or better yet... build sleepers

Build Sleepers
Love that word :P

I'm not jumping the gun just yet, but I'm not gonna risk getting my PSN's I've had since the PS3 launched (2006) banned. I still do a lot of racing on GT5 and other games.

Use a other account ;)

We can still do this comp :)

You guys I just realized that the news talks of ppl who jail broke their systems to mod game data (patches) not save data. Save data is still owned by the customer :3

I'm still gonna wait and see. I already transferred all my important hybrids to my GTP account and reloaded my clean save. It just says "game data" that could be save data or game data (patches) like you said. Either way, I'd rather not have my primary account get banned.

I hope nothing happens, but if it does the bright side is S4 will start a lot sooner haha :crazy:

LVracerGT
I'm still gonna wait and see. I already transferred all my important hybrids to my GTP account and reloaded my clean save. It just says "game data" that could be save data or game data (patches) like you said. Either way, I'd rather not have my primary account get banned.

I hope nothing happens, but if it does the bright side is S4 will start a lot sooner haha :crazy:

:lol:

Will these events still be held on Tuesdays or will it change to Saturday nights?

xSNPx
Will these events still be held on Tuesdays or will it change to Saturday nights?

That's still waiting to be discussed, along with everything else. We haven't been able to get everyone together for a meeting yet. Hopefully soon.

It seems like we may still be able to compete with the hybrids. The info I'm hearing is that as long as you don't race any seasonal events or place any hybrids on share you won't get banned. THIS IS UNCONFIRMED. But that's what I'm hearing. I'm online right now with a guy in a public lobby and he's the biggest modder I know, and as of right now he's still online.

Speaking of the guy I'm online with, go check out the GT5 main forum at what he was able to add to the game and install as parts through the tuning menu :sly:

Cough* 5 turbo stages, 5 weight reductions, 5 engine builds, Cough*

That's still waiting to be discussed, along with everything else. We haven't been able to get everyone together for a meeting yet. Hopefully soon.

It seems like we may still be able to compete with the hybrids. The info I'm hearing is that as long as you don't race any seasonal events or place any hybrids on share you won't get banned. THIS IS UNCONFIRMED. But that's what I'm hearing. I'm online right now with a guy in a public lobby and he's the biggest modder I know, and as of right now he's still online.

Speaking of the guy I'm online with, go check out the GT5 main forum at what he was able to add to the game and install as parts through the tuning menu :sly:

Cough* 5 turbo stages, 5 weight reductions, 5 engine builds, Cough*

Sounds good, but one question: How will you check to make sure people have unrealistic swaps etc. on their cars if they won't have their FD vehicle on share to prevent themselves from being banned?

Hmmm.... good point. I could always just put my regular GT-S Viper on shared. I have the exact same setup on it as my Comp one. Only difference is my comp one has a V8 instead of the V10 and 4 gears instead of 6. But over all it runs pretty much exactly the same.

If not.... well... I dunno. I'll get back to you if I think of something.

Back