GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Thanks for the heads-up @Stewyripper. :cheers::cheers:

For those who are unaware, the Nissan & VW can be painted. 👍👍

We ran a few test laps at Riffelsee with the GTR & all I can say is BEWARE. :eek: This car shreds tires & hates the jump. :nervous:

Just for giggles, Stewy & I raced his fully tuned powerhouse Life Step Van VS my untuned Mazda Demio Sport '10, for 12 laps at Riffelsee. The Demio has 1 gear, drive. :banghead: Surprisingly, it was almost a photo finish. ;)

Here's a few Photos of our cars handling the jump. Stewy's Honda barely gets air.

View attachment 354970

Whereas my Demio FLIES. :lol: :lol:

View attachment 354971

Hope we get another good turnout for the next session. :gtpflag:

I've spent today searching for a Van tune but to no avail. Not being a tuner, I tried to create one anyway, and used it to win the Beginner's seasonal. Does anyone know if there is a published tune for the Honda Life Step Van out there somewhere? I'd like to compare, as I am sure mine can be improved. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up @Stewyripper. :cheers::cheers:

For those who are unaware, the Nissan & VW can be painted. 👍👍

We ran a few test laps at Riffelsee with the GTR & all I can say is BEWARE. :eek: This car shreds tires & hates the jump. :nervous:

Just for giggles, Stewy & I raced his fully tuned powerhouse Life Step Van VS my untuned Mazda Demio Sport '10, for 12 laps at Riffelsee. The Demio has 1 gear, drive. :banghead: Surprisingly, it was almost a photo finish. ;)

Here's a few Photos of our cars handling the jump. Stewy's Honda barely gets air.

View attachment 354970

Whereas my Demio FLIES. :lol: :lol:

View attachment 354971

Hope we get another good turnout for the next session. :gtpflag:

I've spent today searching for a Van tune but to no avail. Not being a tuner, I tried to create one anyway, and used it to win the Beginner's seasonal. Does anyone know if there is a published tune for the Honda Life Step Van out there somewhere? I'd like to compare, as I am sure mine can be improved. Thanks!

Geezers, what a day Saturday, i think everyone enjoyed it. Thanks go to all who took part and we had a full room at one point. Shame about old geezer and his connection problems maybe it will be better next time.
New events for this weekend are as follows

1/ Nissan concept 2020 vision gran turismo [STOCK] AT Matterhorn Riffelsee 12 laps.

2/Volkswagen super sport vision gran turismo [STOCK] at Ascari full track 10 laps.

3/Nissan gran turismo pace car [STOCK] at Tokyo r246 10 laps with a tyre compound change

Silly car event, will be the super powerful life step van from Honda and the Mazda Demio sport 10 still thinking about this one, waiting for evil thoughts to arrive :scared::scared::scared: :lol::lol::lol:

Evil thought has arrived, :sly::sly::sly: we will be using Honda life step vans or the Mazda demio sport 10 ,your choice.
One minor point there will be someone taking out everyone else in a much more powerful car, [any of the above] 1st person to volunteer gets the job. :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Geezers, what a day Saturday, i think everyone enjoyed it. Thanks go to all who took part and we had a full room at one point. Shame about old geezer and his connection problems maybe it will be better next time.

1/ Nissan concept 2020 vision gran turismo [STOCK] AT Matterhorn Riffelsee 12 laps.

2/Volkswagen super sport vision gran turismo [STOCK] at Ascari full track 10 laps.

3/Nissan gran turismo pace car [STOCK] at Tokyo r246 10 laps with a tyre compound change

Silly car event, will be Nissan leaf fully tuned :lol::lol::lol::lol: still thinking about this one, waiting for evil thoughts to arrive :scared::scared::scared: :lol::lol::lol:

Evil thought has arrived, :sly::sly::sly: we will be using the Nissan leaf fully tuned.
One minor point there will be someone taking out everyone else in a much more powerful car, [any of the above] 1st person to volunteer gets the job. :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Last edited: Today at 10:36 AM

Silly car event, will be Nissan leaf fully tuned :lol::lol::lol::lol: still thinking about this one, waiting for evil thoughts to arrive :scared::scared::scared: :lol::lol::lol:

Evil thought has arrived, :sly::sly::sly: we will be using the Nissan leaf fully tuned.

Last edited: Today at 10:36 AM

LOL :lol:!! Stewy, 'ol bud your EVIL :mischievous: thoughts already arrived when you set up a 12 lap event at Matterhorn Riffelsee using the 2020 Vision GTR bud! Allwheel drive, 615pp in default trim WITH KERS (which by the by using at some portions of this track is a recipe for immediate and complete disaster!):nervous:

I gave the event a try yesterday with you and Papa,, and again today with absolutely NO success completing the 12 lap test run :banghead::banghead:. That has to be one of your MORE DEMENTED:dopey:, EVIL :mischievous: and deranged :sly: thoughts to date!

**BUT**,, the good thing I think is it will undoubtedly be FUN:), will be an INSANE :dopey: and absolutely, totally UNPREDICTABLE event! 👍👍 CUDO's bud :bowdown:and TY for including a Vision car in a Saturday race. :cheers:

GEEZERS RULE! :gtpflag:

Oldboy reaching new heights in his racing career
Daytona International Speedway.jpg

GEEZER TT RESULTS 4/29

4WD Non Race Car @ Deep Forest - Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.14.654, #159 ITW, Top 0.13%
nordschleife1951 1.14.780, #182 ITW, Top 0.15%
dlone47 1.15.152, #284 ITW, Top 0.23%
Top 10 Geezers: Fanapryde, GTsail2, pepper_mallard, bobby2227, daduce1947, matilda1234, mots63
6 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.41%
39 of 40 Geezers got GOLD

DeltaWing @ Red Bull Ring - Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.19.800, #245 ITW, Top 0.41%
bobby2227 1.20.720, #621 ITW, Top 1.0%
stewyripper 1.20.820, #672 ITW, Top 1.1%
Top 10 Geezers: Fanapryde, matilda1234, Ema-Nymton, IWannaB_SPruett, mota63, Xposed2Play, nosoks
29 of 30 Geezers got GOLD
Lowest participation in a TT since I've been keeping record - 59,065

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Last edited:
GEEZER DT RESULTS 4/29

Non Race Car @ Matterhorn - Geezer Podium: macdog54, Toppy_JOE, PapaGnr
All 10 Geezers got GOLD

2WD Race Car @ Monza - Geezer Podium: macdog54, Toppy_JOE, PapaGnr
5 of 8 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers go sideways on purpose! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Events for this weekend are as follows

Silly car event, will be Nissan leaf fully tuned:lol::lol::lol::lol: on comfort softs.

One minor point there will be me [basher] taking out everyone else in a much more powerful car, [any of the above]
Practice rooms still open.
room will be open at 1.30 UK time 0830 Eastern, racing starts 30 minutes laterish:lol::lol::lol:
With luck it will be a good day and i will win all the races hahaha.;););)

Well, I see PD, in their wisdom :confused:, have set up another 500 PP "Gixxer" TT. :banghead:

I am boycotting that particular "car" & used an Alpine A110 1600S '72 to get gold. 👍

As of now, @pmallard & @Stewyripper are in the top 100. 👍👍 WELL DONE guys. 👍👍
I'm satisfied with my lowly placing. :lol::lol:

Hope to see another great turnout for @Stewyripper's (aka Basher) Saturday Fun Fest. :gtpflag:

I'm with your comments Papa with regard to the "Gixxer" and will not use the car either, becomes very boring. :cheers:

Well, I see PD, in their wisdom :confused:, have set up another 500 PP "Gixxer" TT. :banghead:

I am boycotting that particular "car" & used an Alpine A110 1600S '72 to get gold. 👍

Hope to see another great turnout for @Stewyripper's (aka Basher) Saturday Fun Fest. :gtpflag:
Yes,, WELL DONE fellas who are in the TOP 100!
The GSX'r,, I'm with you Papa, not going to use the concept GSX either. If I don't get gold,, ohh well,, but I think I will - eventually!! Haven't tried the Alpine yet,, trying to get to GOLD with the one of the Elise cars at the moment. Good luck to us all!!

FWIW - I had come to dislike the GSX because the sound is annoying, and felt perhaps it is misclassified. That said, it has it's own challenges as far as driving the thing, that being throttle control, and tuning. I have become obsessed with trying to learn how to drive a GSX fast. I think it has actually helped me develop into a bit of a better pilot, mainly due to the throttle control needed to turn without spinning, or corkscrewing while exiting a corner. After you finish running your other cars, go back to the GSX - It can be fun (although frustrating) to drive. Sort of like playing golf.

P Mallard

FWIW - I had come to dislike the GSX because the sound is annoying, and felt perhaps it is misclassified. That said, it has it's own challenges as far as driving the thing, that being throttle control, and tuning. I have become obsessed with trying to learn how to drive a GSX fast. I think it has actually helped me develop into a bit of a better pilot, mainly due to the throttle control needed to turn without spinning, or corkscrewing while exiting a corner. After you finish running your other cars, go back to the GSX - It can be fun (although frustrating) to drive. Sort of like playing golf.

P Mallard
There just are NO good up & downs to be had regardless of the wedge selected to exit the sand.

What a laugh that was, hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did.
Next weeks events will be as follows free choice of cars up to pp limit all will be stock with free tyre choice.
Race 1 400pp stock on snow. Chamonix mini 15 laps.:boggled::boggled::boggled:

Race 2 450pp stock on track. Suzuka 8 laps weather on [evil thoughts occurring again]:eek::eek::eek:

Race 3 400pp stock on dirt. Eiger Nordwand g trail 6 laps:):):)

Race 4 400pp london 10 laps of which 6 will be driven forwards then 4 laps you will drive in reverse, so find a good reversing car. Also it will be no rules as usual you just have to win. replays will be watched to make sure we all go backwards for 4 laps. You can do your 4 lap reversing at any time but you must do all four at the same time.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I will create practice rooms tomorrow for you, Stewy

Back