GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
AutumnRing_33.jpg
"]http://
AutumnRing_33.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
"If you want your entry to have a link to your full sized image in the poll, make your preview
a link to the full sized photo."

could someone please tell me how..:guilty:

Just cant figure out how to make the same picture a 500pix preview from flickr AND make it a link to the full sized photo - not a link to my flickr page. its nicer to just see the full sized photo. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, a lot of people just use the stock code Flickr provides, and leave it to the viewer to view the image full-size. I'm not a complete stickler for that; as long as there's a URL wrap on the preview image, I'm fine with it.

To get the full-size image's direct URL (in Chrome), View All Sizes on Flickr, right click on the largest image, and click "Copy Image URL". Then just paste that into the space where the link to the Flickr page usually resides 👍

yes - its not you its me ;). I know its not mandatory, but i would prefer it that way so it doesnt open/show my flicker page everytime.

Thank you for the advice - will see if ill manage to fix the link. 👍

Does anyone know why my pictures loose there shiny effect that they have on GT5? I use Photobucket to post them on the forums

I see GT5 pictures on GTP that are VERY high quality. I use photobucket, whenever I upload my pictures to GTP I notice that they are not very good quality. Is there a way I can fix this?

Ok then, here's what you should be doing.

Choose your photo, at the top left just above your photo is a share button.
Click on this and a box will load up over your picture, scroll down and you will see html or bb.

Click on bb and some text will appear.
Copy all of this text and then paste this in your gt planet reply to thread box.

Submit post and then it should appear on the thread.

If you are using the mobile app then I don't think you can do this.

I always do it this way online.

P.S. Your device should remember that you are using bb code to share your photos.

If I've already posted a picture in my gallery, am I allowed to post it again in one of the other threads?

So long as it follows the theme of the thread, I see no reason why not! Getting involved with the community is always a good thing; same goes with the competitions 👍

What would you say if I made a thread for posting pics of hybrids? I figured I'd ask here before actually doing it, seeing as hybrid pics have been banned from competition already. I don't want to risk being banned, lol.

Just to present my case, I think, as far as photomode goes, hybrids are rather harmless to others and are still a lot of fun, since they open up a whole lot of new possibilities, like an actual flying DeLorean, or proper VIP cars (oni-camber etc.) along with, of course, insane speeds on Route X.

What would you say if I made a thread for posting pics of hybrids? I figured I'd ask here before actually doing it, seeing as hybrid pics have been banned from competition already. I don't want to risk being banned, lol.

Just to present my case, I think, as far as photomode goes, hybrids are rather harmless to others and are still a lot of fun, since they open up a whole lot of new possibilities, like an actual flying DeLorean, or proper VIP cars (oni-camber etc.) along with, of course, insane speeds on Route X.

If you think you can avoid it becoming nothing but another trading depot, sure. Pictures will happen... it's probably better they stick to a single thread.

I hope you understand why they're banned from competitions, though!

Guys, I have a problem with getting pictures onto GTPlanet. Flickr will not let me copy the image link. When I used imageshack I just right clicked the photo and voila! But now it says something about copyright and licensing, what do I do? :sad:

Click on the 'SHARE' button above your photo, select 'GRAB THE HTML/BBCODE', click on the little BBCODE button, select your size, then copy the text from the text box and paste it into a new GTPlanet comment box.

👍

How do I get my photomode pictures from GT5 to GT Planet? I am assuming I need to transfer the files to my computer. But I am not sure what I need to do this.
Should I buy a USB disk drive? Or is there a way to transfer between PS3 and GTP?
Maybe using the web......................HELP please.

How do I get my photomode pictures from GT5 to GT Planet? I am assuming I need to transfer the files to my computer. But I am not sure what I need to do this.
Should I buy a USB disk drive? Or is there a way to transfer between PS3 and GTP?
Maybe using the web......................HELP please.
It's all explained Here mate

Or

Here's a handy video sized video 👍

Yes, you need a portable drive in order to save the picture then transfer it onto your computer.

And if you're copying multiple photos don't forget to select "Apply to all" and "Rename" or whatever it's called.

Last edited:
How-to: Post a flickr Thumbnail

Flickr actually provides the easiest and most straight-forward approach for posting thread-friendly thumbnails. Uploaded your shot already? Awesome, view it and hit the Share this tab. Hit the Grab the HTML/BBCode option, and select the BBCode option from there. Handily enough, the default size this spits out is never more than 500 pixels either way, which is exactly what the competitions require. So, you've got what you see below:

gtppmcflickrwalkthrough.jpg

Simply copy what is highlighted (all of it), and then post it in the forums (with the requisite FINAL ENTRY if posting in a competition). You'll end up with the following:

F40 @ (Wet) Nurburgring - 01
by slipztrem, on Flickr

A perfectly-sized thumbnail and you didn't even have to fiddle with an editing program! People can click on the image, and it will take them to the main Flickr page for it, where they can view it in an assortment of sizes. Hope this helps!​
I tried this and it just posted

Latest Posts

Back