GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
  • 650,840 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
except from the physic only bad news, no historical tracks, no option for point to point, no bonnet view, forced to play wiht aids in license.

I think is not saying anything about damage cause it sucks balls like tekken version, i don't believe he didn't tried it.
Easy now captain negative, there's tonnes of good news in his first impressions.

My question is: how does the game determine wether racing modification is possible on a car?
 
i think it was possible. I have a photo that i took on GT4 somewhere, just need to dig it up.
If it's the same photo I remember, it was a Subaru 360 and that was the only car where with certain settings the internal wheel could be lifted. But in general, this suspension behavior (which is usually seen on front wheel drive cars) wasn't correctly simulated, if at all.
 
One of the most common questions was one regarding the sounds. GT5 have drastically improved sounds over Prologue in every way. I started a Demo Drive for F430 and it sounds much better than in Prologue, as well as all cars I've driven. Notice that sound changes when driving in cockpit, as I mentioned yesterday best (loudest and clearest) sound is when driving from the roof-cam. However, it is logical to be as that, because the sound of the car from outside and from inside is not the same, as in real life. In the sound department I really love the way in which Doppler effect have been implemented during replays. It shines in surround setting and everybody who got any kind of surround system will enjoy probably the most realistic interpretation of audio-design in virtual racing from "spectator" point of view.

Thanks! Finally some anwser... :dopey:
 
Hi, Amar

Can You tell what options do we have when watching saved replays? Can we restart them? Can we rewind them or speed up? Can we slow down playing of them? I'm asking because this aspect in Prologue and TT demo was so underwhelming. The most annoying thing was that after watching replay game automatically throw You out to the menu ;\

Thx and regards.
 
it was a photo i took of my own replay in photomode. Just need to find which site i was hosting it on as its been over 4 years.
 
what about cosmetic damage?


also, are there any other penalties by going off-track, or the wrong way, aside from mechanical damage (which has yet to make an appearance)?

another thing, do the aides and other stuff lock out once you progress? are there other additions besides AI difficulty when going up the license rank i.e. longer races, more complicated tracks, etc.?

are the driving challenges all time trials, or are there other surprises, like driving a clean lap or sometihing? (i hate time trials, lol).

how do dealerships work? is it like GTPSP wherein dealers appear separately depending which day it is or is it just a big list of all dealers and can just pick whatever car is in there or whatever it is you've unlocked?

how's NASCAR, WRC and F1? tekken and RDK haven't shown us one bit of an F1 race. or do you have to unlock it?
 
Found it but both the wheels are off.

IMG0005.jpg
 
Was a good read, Amar 👍 Thanks for the updates, I look forward to reading more.
 
Hello. congratulations for the review! I want to know how it behaves with GT5 Fanatec Porsche 911s. Thanks
 
The model he has is not the same as the one that comes with GT5 SE
See that little black box on the right? That houses the model car

adife.jpg
oh right, still though, looks classy, are there anymore pics of the SE?
 
Found it but both the wheels are off.

[/QUOTE]
I think that's because you hit a rumble strip at a certain speed.
That has always happened since GT1 (although in that game in an exaggerated manner).

When I write about internal wheels lifting up while cornering, I mean under dynamically stable conditions / at constant speeds. This is where previous GT titles have always been inaccurate.
 
We already know you can't. Stop asking pointless questions :crazy:

Need confirmation from amar, i know that we already know chump.
 
Thanks very much for the info.👍
Physics sound great! I have afew questions. With the G25 can you adjust steering degrees? Is the animation 1:1? Any visable input lag?

Thanks.
 
Car rolling looked a bit weird in the TGS demos, but if it's possible to do that then it's possible to go onto 2 wheels.
 
Hello. congratulations for the review! I want to know how it behaves with GT5 Fanatec Porsche 911s. Thanks
If you read Amar's first post, he has already stated that he doesn't have a Fanatec wheel so he can't possibly tell you.
 
Amar, can you tell us if You were able to shift (with clutch) the G25 without losing any speed/ power like in Prologo? I hope this bug is gone, because if not we have great problem in all online race. :nervous:
 
soo... should i buy a ps3cam?? to enjoy the gt5 head tracking ?
 
I'm crazy excited for the course maker. The news that some of it has to be unlocked could seem to be bad, but actually it's a good incentive not to be lost with all it's fun and complete the game before starting to really mess around with it.
Great stuff!
 
Thank you Amar for the detailed on-hands report :) makes me confident i shall enjoy the game.

I know someone who bought 3 PS3s and 3TVs in anticipation for GT5 multiscreen... so basically, he is screwed it seems..
 
Another great update, nice to read that PD have tweaked the slipstream in the game. 👍
 
Was a good read Amar Thanks for the updates I look very much forward to reading more. :)
 
How about mechanical/visual damage?
 
Amar, can you tell us if You were able to shift (with clutch) the G25 without losing any speed/ power like in Prologo? I hope this bug is gone, because if not we have great problem in all online race. :nervous:

It wasn't a bug, it was done to eliminate powershift, so wheel users don't have advantage over dpad users while shifting
 
The model he has is not the same as the one that comes with GT5 SE
See that little black box on the right? That houses the model car

adife.jpg

That's the first real shot I've seen of the Signature Edition! Looks awesome.

Is this your own Cool, or did you get this pic somewhere off the interwebz? Just did a quick search on YouTube for a Sig unboxing but couldn't find the genuine article.

I want to see more!!! :drool:
 
If you read Amar's first post, he has already stated that he doesn't have a Fanatec wheel so he can't possibly tell you.

Although he has actually said that he does have one.
Its just waiting for his Rig to Arrive. :)
 
If you read Amar's first post, he has already stated that he doesn't have a Fanatec wheel so he can't possibly tell you.

He has Fanatec RS wheel, but he didn't hook it up, as his racing rig isn't ready yet.

Maybe this weekend i will visit Amar, and bring my Turbo s with CSP pedals to try it out, so will have an answer regarding fanatec wheels
 
Thanks for all your work Amar, much appreciated by all of us
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back