GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 2,234 comments
  • 119,490 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo I have a team mate :D

I'm hoping he knows how to tune for an oval, I have absolutely no idea what to do :nervous: doesn't help that I don't know how to drive them either

Yes you do. I need a level ticket to grind on. I just checked my miles and my FGT has 7k miles and I want to stat with a fresh one. So i hopefully i'll find one or have to buy it.. I can tune for ovals.. If it was a NASCAR I could tune for roadcourse...
 
YES! The land of ciyderrr drinkers, fahrrm dwellers and trachtorr driverrrs :D

Edited for accent, seriously hope I've got the right place here.:D
 
I have a lobby open for Indy Car if anyone wants to join :)
 
neljack
I have a lobby open for Indy Car if anyone wants to join :)

Only in the door now, if I had seen it earlier I would have joined :)
 
One thing we may need to make clearer for this season is that the pit speed limit is still 60mph even if we're under caution. There was a good amount of bumping entering the pits under caution last season, which I think was due to some people attempting to enter the pits at the caution speed (e.g 100mph at Indy).

EDIT: I've just amazed myself with an Indy setup. Tom wasn't kidding when he said his setup was simple, because my new one is extremely simple.
 
Last edited:
Second that, 60mph means 60 mph everywhere. You will be penalised.

Told you mate, if it's that simple it's probably almost identical to mine 👍
 
Second that, 60mph means 60 mph everywhere. You will be penalised.

Told you mate, if it's that simple it's probably almost identical to mine 👍

If you ever end up on the same team as me, then we'll find out. I've found the speed/time I was looking for from it.
 
DrifterJoe
One thing we may need to make clearer for this season is that the pit speed limit is still 60mph even if we're under caution. There was a good amount of bumping entering the pits under caution last season, which I think was due to some people attempting to enter the pits at the caution speed (e.g 100mph at Indy).

EDIT: I've just amazed myself with an Indy setup. Tom wasn't kidding when he said his setup was simple, because my new one is extremely simple.

All of my oval tunes are simple, hope you didn't get this from what I posted last night.. :nervous:
 
All of my oval tunes are simple, hope you didn't get this from what I posted last night.. :nervous:

Nope, I got it from Tom saying that his Indy setup was very simple.
 
Just to let you guys know my TOCA launch is 7pm to 9pm, timings should work out nicely for matty and any other TOCA drivers in this 👍
 
All of my oval tunes are simple, hope you didn't get this from what I posted last night.. :nervous:

Have you tried my Indy tune vs Anarchy's yet? Mine should be much quicker judging by qualifying last season.
 
Now to find out how quick it goes on a very low tank and warmed-up fresh tyres... You guys won't find out until the Indy 200 :sly:
 
TomMcD
Have you tried my Indy tune vs Anarchy's yet? Mine should be much quicker judging by qualifying last season.

I haven't, will do before TOCA/After IndyCar on Friday.
 
Now to find out how quick it goes on a very low tank and warmed-up fresh tyres... You guys won't find out until the Indy 200 :sly:

Testing complete and I'm happy with the results. :dopey:
 
DrifterJoe
Testing complete and I'm happy with the results. :dopey:

Damn.. :lol:

I'll ask Tom what laps I should be getting via PM. And try to beat them :sly:
 
Damn.. :lol:

I'll ask Tom what laps I should be getting via PM. And try to beat them :sly:

His best lap last time was a 40.109.
 
I presume that's a good lap time? ;)
At least I've got something to aim for, I will be please if I get within 2 seconds of that
 
:sly:

In all seriousness though, I don't think my tires were fresh, maybe 60 or so %...

60% left? That's more than a whole fuel run of wear.
 
60% left? That's more than a whole fuel run of wear.

Alright maybe my memory is slightly cloudy :lol: I'd done quite a long quali stint on those tires before I set the pole lap though, that's for sure.

EDIT: All down to the tune Pagey, try and find a basic one on GTP somewhere. You just need to hit the apex and let the car run out to the wall to get a decent lap time.
 
TomMcD
Alright maybe my memory is slightly cloudy :lol: I'd done quite a long quali stint on those tires before I set the pole lap though, that's for sure.

EDIT: All down to the tune Pagey, try and find a basic one on GTP somewhere. You just need to hit the apex and let the car run out to the wall to get a decent lap time.

I remember you saying you were low on fuel.. But then you filled up and set a faster time?
 
I remember you saying you were low on fuel.. But then you filled up and set a faster time?

I never fill up during quali, I went in for tires and spent a good number of laps (10-15) trying to set a pole time. I set the lap towards the end of the session when I was almost in the red fuel-wise. But obviously because I'd been out 15 laps the tires weren't fresh.

Who knows....with a nigh empty tank, the 'simple' tune, fresh tires and a perfect lap you could break 41.1.
 
TomMcD
I never fill up during quali, I went in for tires and spent a good number of laps (10-15) trying to set a pole time. I set the lap towards the end of the session when I was almost in the red fuel-wise.

You accidentally filled up then, cause I remember you saying at one stage that you put fuel in, and joe said it too.
 
I filled up after I'd set the pole lap in case I had to go out and set another time, but I didn't.
 
Oh, so I didn't need to try and improve my new setup then...








I still managed to though. :sly:

EDIT: However the game has frozen and the setup changes won't be saved. I think I remember them...
 
Oh, so I didn't need to try and improve my new setup then...








I still managed to though. :sly:

EDIT: However the game has frozen and the setup changes won't be saved. I think I remember them...

No, you did. Because I've never run this setup with minimum fuel AND fresh tires :sly:
 
No, you did. Because I've never run this setup with minimum fuel AND fresh tires :sly:

Oh no I didn't. :sly: 15 laps is barely any tyre wear, so that wouldn't have cost you any more than 2 hundredths (which also happens to be the amount I improved my new setup by). I've been pitting for fresh tyres with 10-11 laps of fuel left (just above a 1/4 tank) before setting my fastest laps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back