GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 2,234 comments
  • 119,495 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add the new 'Start from the pits rule' to the OP, will outline it here so you all get it.

'if you recieve damage on the formation lap, you may pit at the end of the lap as the rest of the field lines up on the grid (or rolls onto green flag on an oval). But when exiting the pit lane, you must wait until the last car has passed pit exit before you accelerate away. If this hasn't happened by the time you reach pit exit you must brake and wait there until the field has begun the race and passed you.
 
I forgot to add the new 'Start from the pits rule' to the OP, will outline it here so you all get it.

'if you recieve damage on the formation lap, you may pit at the end of the lap as the rest of the field lines up on the grid (or rolls onto green flag on an oval). But when exiting the pit lane, you must wait until the last car has passed pit exit before you accelerate away. If this hasn't happened by the time you reach pit exit you must brake and wait there until the field has begun the race and passed you.

Only thing I think thats bad about this is you automatically start a lap down. I think the person who caused it should have to pit also..
 
fastfox400
Only thing I think thats bad about this is you automatically start a lap down. I think the person who caused it should have to pit also..

Too hard to implement mid race, just like drive through penalties. This is the kind of thing we punish with points penalties.
 
Oh I understand So theoretically you could still finish the race ahead even if a lap down.. Room open yet?
 
Will be in 15 minutes or so 👍

EDIT: Room open!
 
Last edited:
Hopefully there tonight :)
 
Awesome stuff guys, great racing. Results up soon 👍
 
Monza Pre-Season Results

1st - Tom
2nd - Cowboys
3rd - IndyWolf
4th - Neljack
5th - Joe
6th - Artman
7th - PAWEL
8th - Fastfox
9th - Knelly
10th - Matty
 
especially sorry to my partner indy ill be there next friday promise.
 
no prob brendan at least it was preseason
 
I get off work at the same time qualifying starts at my new job. I am going to try to make Indy but I'll have to start from the back.
 
I get off work at the same time qualifying starts at my new job. I am going to try to make Indy but I'll have to start from the back.

So you have a chance of making all the races?
 
Just an interesting coincidence I've noticed; by the current Sprint Cup schedule, we drive at exactly the same circuit as the Cup for 4 weeks in a row from Round 5-Round 8.

Fri 25th May - Indy Toyota GP @ HSR
Sat 26th May - Cup Time Warner Cable 125 @ HSR

Fri 1st June - Indy Red Bull 200 @ SSRX
Sat 2nd June - Cup Aaron's 188 @ SSRX

Fri 8th June - Indy Indianapolis 500 Mile Race @ Indy Speedway
Sat 9th June - Cup Brickyard 400 @ Indy Speedway

Fri 15th June - Indy Daytona Twin 100's @ Daytona Speedway
Sat 16th June - Cup Daytona 250 @ Daytona Speedway
 
900 miles of Indy? Yuck
 
900 miles of Indy? Yuck

Add another 200 miles if you're Joe because of Nationwide.

1100 miles of Indy in 24 Hours. Woohoo!
 
I feel sorry for Joe. Its looking like some one from JGR nationwide will have to help the cup team too..
 
I feel sorry for Joe. Its looking like some one from JGR nationwide will have to help the cup team too..

Knowing Joe, I bet he's licking his lips. :cool:
 
Chqr
Knowing Joe, I bet he's licking his lips. :cool:

It'll be a challenge for all of us, but i'm looking forward to it :sly:
 
Have we got some more clarification on the warm up ;ap? I think we need a distance guide, perhaps 3-4 car lengths, any closer on a regular basis on the warm up lap resulting in a penalty?
 
Yeah, i'll add something to the OP later. I always say 'Don't bunch up', nobody listens and everyone ploughs into the back of each other.
 
People just need to learn to stay back..
 
I've not liked racing at Indy in NASCAR as much since the dirty air was added (could do with a weak/strong option. The current dirty air would be strong, since it's a bit overdone), so I'm not really looking forward to it. Daytona used to be my least favourite of our NASCAR tracks and Indy used to be my favourite.
 
Just to clarify, can we change the other gears on the transmission other than 7th at Indy and Daytona?
 
Just to clarify, can we change the other gears on the transmission other than 7th at Indy and Daytona?

Yep you can change 1st-6th gear, just not the max speed setting, 7th gear, and the final gear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back