GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 2,234 comments
  • 119,495 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss Spain, and maybe Rome since I will be in South Carolina. :(
 
The trick is to brake down to 60mph, really steadies the car for entering the turn 👍

Tom dont lie, you avoid it and go into the pits every lap.
 
The trick is to brake down to 60mph, really steadies the car for entering the turn 👍

lol i am so bad at this game :lol:. might just add +1.00 toe on it, stop the oversteer
 
I've managed to get Penske's setup to only spin out every so often round the last turn, under certain situations on comfort hards. This is much better than how it was, but I want to get rid of spins entirely.

Knelly: I'll send it once I've fixed the rest of the last corner spins.

Adding understeer in my usual way made the car even worse, so this will be hard to do...
 
I think if you're going through the turn on the edge of your seat, you're going so fast it's kind if risky.

Dirty air also cause me and Smuffy to spin in the banked corners. (Turn 1 & Final turn)
 
what time will the room open?
 
Roughly half past.

I've now made the situation needed for a spin even more specific with this setup. It'll have to do.
 
Open now!

Target are confident 👍
 
Roughly half past.

I've now made the situation needed for a spin even more specific with this setup. It'll have to do.

does it require contact ;)
 
Thanks for the PM Joe. It's given me a couple of things that I hadn't thought of. Just don't know how much time I will get to test them. Saying that, the setup I got to was pretty similar.

Thanks #1 👍
 
great job knelly!
 
YES YES YES .... My first non Oval win. I'm so happy.

Great battles with Neljack early on, and with Tom (after Joe span) for the win. Great racing. I always knew I had it in me at HSR.

Get in :D
 
That was :censored:ing stupid. I brake earlier into corners to avoid mashing someones car and I in turn for being careful get slaughered time and time again, not happy at all. >_<
 
Last edited:
Well can't say I'm dissapointed with making up 6 places in the last two laps :D
 
Hate the track, but great win Knelly 👍

Caution procedure should be good next week.
 
No well done teammate for getting second and some vital team points?

I see how it is...

Oh yeah Knelly great win 👍
 
I like HSR, but the problem is having to tune so that you don't spin round the final turn (and turn 2 to a lesser extent). Without that it'd be great. Not looking forward to Madrid reverse either. We'll see a lot of start/restart crashes in the first 2-4 turns (tight chicane and then the left kink into the long hairpin right).

Grats to Knelly too 👍
 
I've always liked HSR and every time I get there I feel I have a podium shot. But I've always been incredibly unlucky here and my results have never reflected my potential. Got there in the end though.

Madrid should be ..... erm ..... interesting. With the lack of time to practice this week I'll be looking for a top five at best.
 
I really hate HSR with a passion due to the banked turns.
 
I think HSR would be great if people knew how to drive it.......

EDIT: But yeah, awesome win Knelly 👍
 
I think HSR would be great if people knew how to drive it.......

It's a question of luck and setup to getting that final corner right and one mistake causes a chain reaction.

EDIT:

Round8Drivers.png


R8Constructors.png
 
Last edited:
I managed to work on putting a tune together that had the car planted through the long corners, with understanding the right speeds depending on which line you were in.

Not once did I feel that I was going to lose control of the car. My only downfall was not setting final gear high enough, topping out at 218 when there were are least 5 - 10 more MPH to be had.
 
I made the mistake of setting my car up using NO tire wear/fuel consumption and my setup was really stable, so much so that I was smoking the front tires going through the final corner.

same setup, tire wear on, and no grip, spun in turn 2 right away, spent all of qualifying trying to dial out the oversteer, got a lap in in the last 5 min and qualified 8th, knew I didn't have the pace so I didn't race anyone aggressively, spun two or three times and got caught up in some crashes but avoided the ones in the final 3 laps to finish 6th, better than I expected.

good win Knelly, good comeback in those final laps matty.

hopefully I will be faster in Madrid, I'd like to at least sniff a podium before the end of the season :)
 
I managed to work on putting a tune together that had the car planted through the long corners, with understanding the right speeds depending on which line you were in.

Not once did I feel that I was going to lose control of the car. My only downfall was not setting final gear high enough, topping out at 218 when there were are least 5 - 10 more MPH to be had.

Made the exact same mistake.. :dopey:

Just mine was 217mph..
 
I think I'm having a Dale Jr. Like dry spell this season.

👎
 
Stop flattering yourself.
 
Matty
Stop flattering yourself.

:confused:

What, I'm winning by a good length, maybe 3 times, to have it ruined by cautions.
 
Should be taking advantage of others disadvantage.
 
Matty
Should be taking advantage of others disadvantage.

You're just confusing me now.

Get some sleep!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back