GTP NASCAR Southern 175 @ Motegi. DeathValley wins @ Motegi!Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedPartyhat
  • 67 comments
  • 4,283 views
Well I can't make it either way, I'm gonna be away all next week and this weekend. So remove me from the entry list.
 
GTP Name: Johnnypenso
PSN Name: Johnnypenso
Car of choice: #42
 
Last edited:
This looks like it should have a really solid turn out.
 
How many drivers are you letting in this race? Are you going to hold qualifying and only the top 16 make it? What time is the race starting?
 
room opens at 2 qualifying starts at 245est, race at 3est, I think it is just the first 16 sign ups then reserves thats how it appears in the op.
 
I'd like to sign up for a reserve spot.
GTP Name Bowtie52
PSN Name Bowtie52
Car #88
 
What lap times should i be running?
 
Full field for Saturday ? Sure to be a good one, good luck to everyone, I am looking forward to it, hope to see yall there. 2pm eastern correct?
 
RPH, I'm in the #42 not the #99 :)
 
@RedPartyhat I'm assuming we'll be in your lounge so I sent an FR. If I need to send someone else an FR let me know.

Also, the OP says: Weight: 1565/1620*
...but I didn't see an explaination for it...
 
@RedPartyhat I'm assuming we'll be in your lounge so I sent an FR. If I need to send someone else an FR let me know.

Also, the OP says: Weight: 1565/1620*
...but I didn't see an explaination for it...

I believe that it was decided that everyone will carry the same weight
 
Hey Rph the two drivers with lines thow there names are they racing?
 
I feel like Mark Martin in this today, the old guard veteran :lol:
 
Hey Rph the two drivers with lines thow there names are they racing?
I saw them post earlier in the tgread tgat they weren't so unless they changed their mind via pm, it seems no
 
@Bowtie52 They've told me they won't be racing
@Johnnypenso Forgot to update that, all cars are running default weight.

FINAL NOTES

After some testing on after-pit tires, the rear right tires wear out much faster than the front right. Meaning that the car will get very loose when on low tires. I strongly recommend running a higher downforce on the rear to prevent the car from being undriveable on after-pit tires. I know a lot of you guys are running 430-450 on the rear because that seems to be the fastest on normal tires, however I feel as though that won't be viable for the race.

34.5 are the solo lap times that are needed to stick with the field.

The new slipstream has reduced to overall strength of slipstream. I do feel we will get good single file racing where track position is important for pitstops and not a drafting festival like at tracks like Daytona.

I just want this to be a clean and fun race. No reason to go inside on everyone entering turn 3 if it isn't necessary. Be respectful and try not to make to much contact as the cars are loose (bumpdrafting is allowed).
 
Test Room Open:

1472 6681 3243 9094 5888
 
Any provision for what happens if a lagger takes out a car or two or 5? Cautions maybe? Could easily be an issue with a full field and a long race.
 
Any provision for what happens if a lagger takes out a car or two or 5? Cautions maybe? Could easily be an issue with a full field and a long race.

Think we have a caution early on if a ton of cars get wiped out.

35.1's here.
 
Very good, if you make it a friends only lobby will you please accept my friend request, thank you
 
Seems a little late to be adding cautions

They're not being "added", from what I understand it's basically only only if we have en masse lag induced melee in the opening handful of laps.
 
I agree with sass, so only if there is an incident that is blatantly caused by lag, otherwise if you wreck you wreck, race carefully
 
The #43 Farmland Ford is ready to go! Gonna be a bit oval rusty though :lol:
 
Back