GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
He's on it already, authorised him as a writer earlier today 👍

Looking forward to Saturday, high expectations for myself in the race.

99.999999% chance I'll still be without a wheel this weekend. Apparently it wont even get to Arizona until Friday :/

Odds are looking slimmer that I wont have one next weekend as well.

I suppose Tom and Matty were the only underage lads unless the less active ones were invited too. ;)

Brilliant stuff Knelly, great article :lol:

I was drunk actually, Matty smuggled in some premium Irish whiskey and several crates of Guinness. This was followed by a round of quality offerings from my sophisticated hometown of Leeds, a pint of Lambrini and five WKD's each 👍

Carbonox
What, that party where I wasn't allowed to participate because I looked like an underage penguin fanatic? :grumpy:

And you forgot your ID, that's the main bit.

Knelly, I'm going to make you our official Olympic event coordinator for this weekend's race.

You pick the the track (oval) and the distance (short), and the rules (no boost, please), and we'll go from there. I'll dish out 5 gold chrome chips to the winner, 3 silver chrome chips to the runner-up, and 1 gold chrome chip to the 3rd place finisher.

One thing I would like to know from all of the drivers is if they want to race as a group by continent (North America vs Europe) or by country (Olympic style, USA vs England vs Ireland vs Canada vs France vs Finland).

In the spirit of the Olympics, I would prefer the Olympic style every-man-for-his-country race. But, I'm good with whatever the group decides on that.

Well that's true in the real Olympics aswell Carb. If it was continents it's not really the Olympics, so countries get my vote.

Replicating real life in a video game is always hyped at first, but in reality it's extremely stupid in most cases.

Well yes but we're not 'trying' to replicate it, it's just the way the Olympics and this work out. There are more competitors in the UK and USA than from other European countries, it's just how it goes.

Countries!! I want to be the first Irish medalist of the Olympics:D

OK. What I decide will be dependent on whether we go Continent or Olympic route, so I need your votes in please.

Either way, and in the spirit of how awesome Team GB are at cycling (or anything that we sit on our arses for) initial race types are as follows:

Contintent would be like the Road Cycling, with two teams scrapping it out to have one of their drivers cross the line first at SSRX.

Olympic would be a Sprint style knockout as in the Track Sprint Cycling with one or two laps at Daytona.

These are just initial thoughts and definately subject to change, and rules applied, but all I need to know is if you want Continental or Olympic.

Olympic.

A good idea would be the actual Olympic sprint format. 2-3 semi finals of best of 3 heats and then a final containing the 2 or 3 winners, best of 3 heats again.

How cool would it be if we could race opposite ways around the track like in the velodrome? Not really plausible though :lol:

How cool would it be if we could race opposite ways around the track like in the velodrome? Not really plausible though :lol:

2 teams of two at a time on SSRX, one team starts at Start Line, the other at the 0km line on the back-straight, first one to get back to their respective line wins, simple.👍

And it's around about the same length of time as the real life stuff.

Edit: Olympic

Back