GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

• None - just ovals.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
FURINKAZEN PRESENTS... THE NASCAR TRUCK SERIES!

trucklogo450.jpg

Eligible Vehicles:

Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept
Ford F150
Toyota Tacoma X Runner

Tuning Restrictions:

Unlimited tuning, Racing Hard Tyres.

~NEW PERFORMANCE BALANCING~
739bhp~1500kg~

Lounge Settings:

Room Open Around 7pm British Time
Race Start 7.45pm British Time (Roughly)
Grip Reduction Real
Mics Enabled
Damage Limited
No Cautions - Make a mistake and you pay the consequences.
Fuel Use and Tyre Wear On

Races: - Each Race shall be preceded by a 10 lap Qualification Race
01 - GTP Daytona 150 - Daytona 60 Laps - 23 July
02 - Brickyard Indianapolis 100 - Indianapolis 40 Laps - 30 July
03 - GM Fuel Flex 100k - High Speed Ring - 25 Laps
04 - LUCAS Pro Oil Trucks 125 - Indianapolis 50 Laps
06 - FireCracker 200 - Daytona 80 Laps

Pts:
16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 - 1 Pt for Quali race win

Entries:
MrMulsanne / Furinkazen - Chevrolet
RacerPaul / RacerPaul - Chevrolet
Akmuq / GTP_Akmuq - Ford
MustangRyan / droptop2001gt - TBC
Carbonox / Carbonox - Dodge
cunny17 / cunny17 - TBC
The Boyce / The Boyce - Ford
watermelonpunch - TBC
moem - TBC
kenkwilinski / CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - TBC

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS (17 POINTS AVAILABLE)
XtgvC.png

Last edited:
14 Entry slots open - And remember no restriction on tuning - 700+hp is the way to go! 👍

I may be able to enter this, I've got a highly juiced Dodge RAM without much else to do than serve as Bob's ride in the Pickup Truck Race...

Looks like this is turning to the TOCA Drivers Summer Break :lol:. I did some tweaking on a Tacoma and I was able to get 48 second laps... running 192 down straights...

Looks like this is turning to the TOCA Drivers Summer Break :lol:. I did some tweaking on a Tacoma and I was able to get 48 second laps... running 192 down straights...

Well it's fun to race with familiar faces, I guess :)

...and remember to get it right too when I submit my car of choice to Season 3... not to mention the points table of Season 2 :dopey:

Does it go completley flat out? Or is it like the Nascars on Indy which is flat out for a few laps and tyre wear makes you lift throttle?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit under-powered... 👎 :lol: .

Just a couple proposals, as NASCAR quali is very short, we could have two races per night?

How about just one race and NGTC testing afterwards?

Last edited:
Does it go completley flat out? Or is it like the Nascars on Indy which is flat out for a while?

How about just one race and NGTC testing afterwards?

Daytona 192mph, bit more tuning and I can get 200 easily I reckon.

I'll join but i'll have to miss the first three or four rounds as i'm on holiday from the 23rd to the 30th, i'm going to Iron Maiden on the 6th of August and i'm going to America from the 8th to the 22nd, so i'll basically be missing the first month of the championship but i'll be happy to take part in the remaining races

Will prob run in this Furi. More testing to be done to choose truck, its never ending. After my bit of success tonight in toca2 :scared:don't think i have the stamina to run up front. Have to go back to my Sunday driving and the back.

Stu

Will prob run in this Furi. More testing to be done to choose truck, its never ending. After my bit of success tonight in toca2 :scared:don't think i have the stamina to run up front. Have to go back to my Sunday driving and the back.

Stu

Hahaha thats what I do, hang out back and pick up spots.

Put me down for the Ford. Ta

Cheers Boyce! 👍

2 questions:

1) Are we talking about Saturdays here? I think the 23rd is a Saturday, but I thought it was Sunday for some reason.

2) What is meant by "cautions" and "consequences"?

Cautions mean safety car.
Consequences means the result of your crash.:P
1. Saturdays

2. Caution = Safety Car

3. Consequences - any prats who wreck for thrills are instantly banned and excluded.

1. Saturdays

2. Caution = Safety Car

3. Consequences - any prats who wreck for thrills are instantly banned and excluded.

AH! Okay, yes, no flags, no pace cars in the game. (Pity that. lol)

No dirty crazed lunatic moves. All good. I've no problem with that.

I guess what threw me off was the "make a mistake" part.
1st, generally if you make a mistake, as akmuq says, there's consequences. :lol: That seemed self-evident.
2nd, I do occasionally make mistakes. :(
3rd, I consider wrecking for thrills something other than a mistake. haha. (Rather that I think of wrecking for thrills as deliberate, and mistakes as something that you'd rather not do but occasionally happens by accident.)
I think in this context, "mistake" was given the meaning of "error in judgment" where someone does something kooky when they shouldn't, and I didn't immediately pick up on that.

Okay, well, sign me up. Not to say I'll do very well, as I've almost zero experience with pick-up trucks in the game. So I'm afraid I can't say yet exactly which of the trucks I will choose. Going to have to see which one I get on best with tuning, and see which one of the options is the most forgiving of accidental mistakes, & will be least likely to bring the kind of consequences that are not wanted. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back