GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments
  • 29,632 views

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

  • None - just ovals.

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

    Votes: 8 47.1%

  • Total voters
    17
Status
Not open for further replies.
AH! Okay, yes, no flags, no pace cars in the game. (Pity that. lol)

No dirty crazed lunatic moves. All good. I've no problem with that.

I guess what threw me off was the "make a mistake" part.
1st, generally if you make a mistake, as akmuq says, there's consequences. :lol: That seemed self-evident.
2nd, I do occasionally make mistakes. :(
3rd, I consider wrecking for thrills something other than a mistake. haha. (Rather that I think of wrecking for thrills as deliberate, and mistakes as something that you'd rather not do but occasionally happens by accident.)
I think in this context, "mistake" was given the meaning of "error in judgment" where someone does something kooky when they shouldn't, and I didn't immediately pick up on that.

Okay, well, sign me up. Not to say I'll do very well, as I've almost zero experience with pick-up trucks in the game. So I'm afraid I can't say yet exactly which of the trucks I will choose. Going to have to see which one I get on best with tuning, and see which one of the options is the most forgiving of accidental mistakes, & will be least likely to bring the kind of consequences that are not wanted. ;)

You're in. Change of format - how about a qualifying race and then a longer feature race?
 
8 spots remain - 2 1/2 weeks to series start!!!
 
You're in. Change of format - how about a qualifying race and then a longer feature race?

Whatever suits... it's all new to me, so I don't have any preference.
 
The Dodge is only doing 53's at the moment... any advice on getting something better? I don't believe that the single laptimes would matter too much when it comes to the race day, but I just want to make sure the others won't escape right from the starting line...
 
The Dodge is only doing 53's at the moment... any advice on getting something better? I don't believe that the single laptimes would matter too much when it comes to the race day, but I just want to make sure the others won't escape right from the starting line...

What speed is that? 180mph?
 
290 kmh, I can't translate that into miles, sorry... :D
 
180.2 mph. Tune the transmission a bit and lower the suspension.
 
1 Week to Series Start - plenty of available spaces!
 
Looks like lots of fun to be be had, yeehaar! :lol:

Is it still 23rd July for race 1?
 
Indeed. Going to change format slightly though, just finalising today...
 
Races: - Each Race shall be preceded by a 10 lap Qualification Race
01 - GTP Daytona 150 - Daytona 60 Laps - 23 July
02 - Brickyard Indianapolis 100 - Indianapolis 40 Laps
03 - TOCA Trucks 100 - Daytona 40 Laps
04 - LUCAS Pro Oil 150k - Indianapolis 38 Laps
05 - FireCracker 125 - Daytona 50 Laps

So we start 23 July. 👍
 
Last edited:
Gonna have to give this one a miss. I'm away for alot of the races.
 
I would like to join, but as always, not all races ill be there, unless by miracle my schedule turns out just right for me to take part of every race. For now, just put me in and ill update you with my race later on tonight.
 
02 - Brickyard Indianapolis 100 - Indianapolis 50 Laps

50 laps is 125 miles at Indy. 100 miles is 40 laps.
 
50 laps is 125 miles at Indy. 100 miles is 40 laps.

My bad. Editing now. Will you be there next week Mustang? It could make a good warm-up for your series...
 
I'm not sure yet. Depends on how much time I'll have between races to tune for my series races.
 
Mics will be enabled, kinda a trial for TOCA Season 3. Should we have fuel use and tyre wear on?
 
Mics will be enabled, kinda a trial for TOCA Season 3. Should we have fuel use and tyre wear on?

Mics: I cant say yes or no. Dont pay attention anyway due to music level when online is always blasting just enough to barely hear the engine in the car. So dont expect me to hear anyone speak. lol

Fuel and Tye: Hell YEAH!
 
Hey I would be interested in this as long as its Saturday around noon central (US) time. I seen 7pm British time, so thats about 6 hours ahead of me. If this is all correct, I'll be there. I'm not sure which truck I'll be running, but I will decide by Saturday. K?

my input: mics on (maybe off based on individual who creates lag with it on) & fuel/tire wear on for some kind of strategy.
 
Hey I would be interested in this as long as its Saturday around noon central (US) time. I seen 7pm British time, so thats about 6 hours ahead of me. If this is all correct, I'll be there. I'm not sure which truck I'll be running, but I will decide by Saturday. K?

Your in 👍

And I am running the Silverado. 900hp is hard to turn down.
 
I might also try using the Silverado if I can't get any better speed out of the Dodge. Maybe we eventually need to put up limitations if we want every truck to be equally competitive?
 
I happen to have a Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02. So i will be using that. :D
 
Race starts Saturday with the GTP Daytona 150. 10 lap qualification race will start us to set the grid for the race - and then it is 60 laps of green-flag racing. Entries remain, gonna be good!
 
Race starts Saturday with the GTP Daytona 150. 10 lap qualification race will start us to set the grid for the race - and then it is 60 laps of green-flag racing. Entries remain, gonna be good!

How will you set the grid?
 
Reverse grid or order of quali race - wwhat do you guys think?
 
Order of quali race and maybe line up on the backstraight?
 
I'll very probably switch to the Silverado. Can someone tell, is it available in the new car dealership, and if not, could someone trade a spare one?
 
I have a spare one.
 
I'll very probably switch to the Silverado. Can someone tell, is it available in the new car dealership, and if not, could someone trade a spare one?

Used Car Dealership and I don't have one.
 
That Silverado is a BEAST i tell ya!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back