GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
Sorry for the delay on updating week #7's info. This has been the week from hell.

Week #7 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Car: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Comfort Softs
Brake Balance: Not Adjustable

Comfort softs! This one sounds great.
:D

EDIT: Don't give up on us, rosckolove, aight? Great thread & great combo this week.
This might just be the busiest week of the whole year for me, but so far I'm not giving
up on the idea of sneaking a night lap in somehow ...
Maybe I could win week# 7 just for the fact that nobody else gets a lap done, haha.
Guess that would be the only way
:mischievous:

Still kicking myself for not managing a lap in week #1, I had already acquired the NSX and
it's sitting in the garage ever since
:lol:

Last edited:
Week #8 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hey guys. Due to the holidays and some personal issues I'm going to kind of put this weekly challenge on pause. But that doesn't mean you can't participate. I'm going to keep week #7's combo running throughout the next 2 weeks. Participation has dropped a bit I hope due to this being a very busy part of the year and hopefully this longer run time will give some of you and myself a chance to post some laptimes for the Dino.

I'll still be active on this site but I'll literally have zero time behind the wheel due to personal life.

Feel free to post your laptimes guys. I'll make sure to keep the leaderboard updated, thank you!

Week #8 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hey guys. Due to the holidays and some personal issues I'm going to kind of put this weekly challenge on pause. But that doesn't mean you can't participate. I'm going to keep week #7's combo running throughout the next 2 weeks. Participation has dropped a bit I hope due to this being a very busy part of the year and hopefully this longer run time will give some of you and myself a chance to post some laptimes for the Dino.

I'll still be active on this site but I'll literally have zero time behind the wheel due to personal life.

Feel free to post your laptimes guys. I'll make sure to keep the leaderboard updated, thank you!
Sorry, I haven't had much time lately to even try week 7. I'll give it a go sometime tonight.

It's all good I haven't had much time lately either. I haven't completed a lap yet in it but I gave it a few tries. I'm more doing this due to my personal issues and the fact that I probably won't even be able to access the game for a bit to pick cars for upcoming weeks.

Understood. Certainly real life takes a priority over a silly game, hope you get everything taken care of promptly and to your satisfaction.

I was curious if my experience with the car was different because you had not spent enough time with it or that I my opinion was "unusual".

I'm willing to do some testing and offer some suggestions that are a little more similar to the earlier events, let me know via PM.

Managed to complete a lap, this one was a little tricky. Being low HP I thought it would be easy, but I had issues with it wanting to start getting sideways. I was able to keep it on the track for once. :lol:
8:49.040 SilverSE102

I agree with @RuddRacer, real life takes priority over a video game.

image.jpeg Saw this was going for little longer so I thought I would give it a go. It's not as bad as I thought it would be with CS. It definitely keeps you on your toes.​
8:36.592 middy.

Ok, week #7 and finally on my way for the first laptime ever in this thread

Edit (1): Holy moly, this Fiat surprises me! It has a really sweet balance. It even sounds good! In Gran Turismo! Unbelievable. Are the Thread Aliens going to go sub-eight minutes???

Edit (2): Fifth gear is a tad long

Edit (3): It's 2 in the morning, at 8:32. Dirty lap, scraped twice with at least three wheels through the gravel pit.

Edit (4): First clean lap ... full of mistakes. But still: Sweet neutral to mild oversteer balance! If only it wouldn't look like a duckfaced Opel GT.
8:31.525 GTP_Mr. Apex

Hint: It's 3:45 a.m., admit having used three glasses of Quilmes Black Stout to achieve better time. Also changed the oil seven times at midnight and adjusted the Nordschleife daytime to 10:00 a.m. to achieve an optimal air density and surface temp equilibrium. Could've gained 32 seconds if I was Holl01 or Gregger Huttu. Replay saved, screenshot shat, will post if needed.

Now let's see what you Aliens come up with. Sub-eight will definitely hurt my feelings.

Last edited:
Ok yo @rosckolove million thanks for setting this up :bowdown: :bowdown: I saw this thread already month a go while doing that eiffel TT and I've kept it behind my ear for the time when I get bored with other TT's or they are just pure crap like this new one from PD :D I mean I don't even freaking have the damn fan car for I gave up those stupid red bull challenges I think on the second championship :D and that is honestly quite rare that I've backed down from PD's challenge but red bull cars are just stupid and plain arcade and I go back to playing F-ZERO if I feel like full on arcade type of stuff :D hehehe, naah, I can honestly see why some people like them but I really don't so... Ok sorry for that had to open up for it really has seemed like PD has tried to make this game more and more arcade during past few years so doing something like THIS is a REALLY welcome thing for driving this car really is a pleasure and this track has really been the one for me ever since it came out in GT4 so driving here is always great, just feels like now a days I need some sort of reason to do it tough for I think I got tired improving my own records without having anyone to compare to during GT4 already lol... Hehehe so yeah REALLY nice going @rosckolove and I really felt today like I have to give it a shot so right after work I bought a new dino, did oil change and hit the road :D what was freaking great was that I did 4 laps in the row all clean, first really was just looking around but this car really is so easy to drive that I could kept on improving my time for 4 laps and then I just stopped for I needed to take a breath :dopey: I mean hell yeah this was the best experience in the while I've had in GT and it would never occurred to me to just go and throw few laps around the nurb without some sort of spark so really great that we have guys like you setting these up :cheers: but yeah, only did 4 laps and now I think it's time to do few laps around matterhorn and then start the friday night so Great weekend guys :cheers:

Oh yeah, here's a pic of that run I did, I have the replay file of the best lap and the whole session if someone is interested :) I was also wondering, that if someone posts hes replayfile here, will I be able to use it as a ghost? Would be nice to have someones blue line to follow :D

image.jpg

Heh, I think I can MAYBE shave off few seconds but hard to say, some proper alien will be able to beat me by something like 10 seconds so maybe sub 8 is possible...

Oh yeah, what's the club ID for? and also I guess body rigidity improvement is prohibited too as well as other tuning parts?? And what about the tires, can I change to bigger rims and so on?? hehhe, really didn't do anything but the oil change on my car but just curious :)

And yeah, if someone wants the replay just ask and copy it as I have time :cheers:

Oh yeah, 8:11.604 ODB

Last edited:
Thank you so much ODB for NOT going sub-eight. Yet. Ha ha.
👍

Well, I should at least try to regain P1. What a coincidence, have a GT6 party planned for monday 👍👍👍

P.S.: Oh, and ODB: Would love to have your best lap ghost file just to unsuccessfully fight against. Do you have time to upload it somewhere?

Last edited:
Thank you so much ODB for NOT going sub-eight. Yet. Ha ha.
👍

Well, I should at least try to regain P1. What a coincidence, have a GT6 party planned for monday 👍👍👍

P.S.: Oh, and ODB: Would love to have your best lap ghost file just to unsuccessfully fight against. Do you have time to upload it somewhere?

Yeah sure I'll upload it on monday evening, well on the first part of the next week anyway, gonna have to give a few more laps for it honestly quite a joy :)

And I'd say there's no way I'd get under 8 minutes in this car, but some of those aliens are just so insane that it goes beyond comprehension so no guessing what would happen if some of those guys gave it a shot :D hehehe, but yeah, I'll upload the replay file as I get the PS fired up next time..

hey fellas. Sorry for my absence. working things out. i'll update the times tomorrow. and maybe, just maybe get a lap in.

Ok had a rough weekend and do not feel like playing but here's the file... Weird thing was that I saved both the replay and the best lap replay, but it saved it as a one file only... I mean it's still showing the best lap time as a record but the file contains video over 30 minute long... But yeah, tell me if it doesn't work, I try to beat my time tomorrow and I try to save it as a best lap only if I make it... And yeah, hehhe, if someone beats my time please upload the file so I can try to chase you down :D

And yeah, car has few miles on the odometer for I didn't notice it had SH tires when I first started, otherwise there's the whole stint from friday... Really conservative driving first two laps and I think last two are pretty safe too but really felt like 8.11 started to be quite a good time already.. Really hard to say though it's such a long track...

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY006.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 13
Ok lol apparently I made almost my maximum already on friday for today I made few laps but improved only by under second and really seemed like I was only loosing few tenths here and there so getting under 8:10 is totally out of reach from me... Honestly there's probably only something like half a second for me on the track anymore so don't really know if I'm even going to try it.. Well if I get too bored then maybe after christmas but have to see...

Here's the replay if someone is interested :) 👍 happy holidays guys :cheers: :cheers:

EDIT: oh heck didn't even remember to write my new time down and now I can't remember it lol... Hmm, it was 8:10.8xx I post the time when I got time to play next time...

EDIT: time was 8.10:830

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY007.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Progress is slow: 8:28,461 GTP_Mr. Apex

Darn - downloaded that file onto USB-Stick, tried to import into the PS3 and it sees nothing. There must be something important I forgot
:banghead:

Back