GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
@RS__96__oO you just had to go and ruin my whole weekend didn't you haha. I planned on beating my old record anyway so now you gave me a reason to put in the seat time. Are you done or you gonna have another go?

@RS__96__oO you just had to go and ruin my whole weekend didn't you haha. I planned on beating my old record anyway so now you gave me a reason to put in the seat time. Are you done or you gonna have another go?
7'18 COULD be possible for me, but I'm not going to try and squeeze everything out, since last GT Academy time trial I rather take it easy in order to stay calm and to keep my nerves, there were some moments where I could've thrown my ps3 against the wall :crazy:
Looking at my replay I could gain half a second, I think I'll Do one more session tomorrow :)

Looking at my replay I could gain half a second, I think I'll Do one more session tomorrow :)

You're gonna have to if you want the victory. I just squeezed out a 7:19.371 :cool:

As for the rest of you. Get in the RGT and do some laps! It's a great car to drive so there's no excuses! The leaderboards looking a little barren at the moment :lol:

There was more time in it than expected.

7'18.850 RS__96__oO

Still time to find, but I'm too tired now :)

Nice lap RS. Very nice. Just updated the leaderboards. Running some cars now trying to figure out what to run for Week 6. Then I'll give the RGT it's last go.

Week #6 IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Car: Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Sport Hards
HP: 535
Weight: 1,680
Brake Balance: Not Adjustable

aston-martin_100319048_l.jpg

Arguably one of the most beautiful modern cars ever produced. Driven by Bond. And now driven by you! With sport hards it's eligible for the Nurb lap leaderboard, with a current record time of 7:27.240!

You will find this car much easier on the arms, or the thumbs if your a DS3 user as its not as prone to oversteer as our week 5 beast!

Good luck everyone, enjoy!

Last edited:
I was not able to complete a lap for the rgt :dunce:. I had to many mistakes.

For the Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10, I was able to complete a lap. It's not going to break any records but I know I'll have last place secured. :lol:

7:57.553 SilverSE102

It's not going to break any records but I know I'll have last place secured. :lol:

7:57.553 SilverSE102

If you completed 10 laps in a row and started off at a nice controllable pace I bet by the end of those ten laps you would have cut atleast ten seconds and learned quite a bit about the Nurburgring itself. That knowledge and experience would help you with all cars and all tracks in the future, and especially help with Week #7 :sly:

I always felt like doing a lap at the Nurburgring would teach a driver more about the physics of the game, handling characteristics of a car, and in general just give you more experience than completing ten laps on any other track. When I first got into GT5 online racing I was instantly drawn to the Nurburgring lobbies. I was playing at a friend's house on his PS3 at the time. Once I found out the best drivers only used ABS I turned all the aids off and just stuck with it. I believed even though I was on a DS3 I was capable of beating any wheel user I came across with enough practice, which I accomplished (mainly because the aliens didn't hop into random online lobbies) The only downside to this is I find all the other tracks boring in comparison, especially when it comes to time trialing alone. I know that if I put the time in to master the throttle control needed in the current 550pp seasonal with the NSX LM car it would do wonders for my Nurburgring laps. But I find it so boring I struggle to put more than 15-20 minutes in at a time.

The old record wasn't hard to beat. :D

Wow you shattered the old record haha. Some people just picked a car that wasn't on the list ran a lap quick and submitted their time just to have their name on the board (not saying that's the case here) Which is fine but misleading for anyone looking at it for performance comparisons. Unless you're Mike GT3 Then it's pretty quick regardless if it's his 1st or 20th lap :lol:

Times are updated. I'll be home soon to submit a time. Not sure how many laps I can tolerate in the Aston. It's handling characteristics are just garbage compared to the RGT.

Last edited:
In the seasonal? I'm not sure really. 1:38.9xx I think? I haven't put much time into it yet.

Edit: Nevermind, the seasonal requires CS tires so you aren't talking about that haha.

I haven't ran the NSX LM on Sport Hards at the nordschleife. Today I was having Internet issues and figured I could use the throttle control practice so I threw some comfort hards on it and did a few laps at the nurb. Low 7:50's was the time I ended up with. Handful though let me tell ya!

@Mr. Apex

Last edited:
@rosckolove

Thanks, mate! :cheers:
Aaaaah … I remember now. Back in the GT5 days there was this 6-minute-challenge thread on sport hards (but without any other tuning restrictions) so I chose to try and break the 7-minute-barrier with the NSX LM. Although I did not achieve it, GTP_Stotty just managed it (6:58).

I love how you can brake into corners in the NSX LM … but it definitely needs a longitudionally mounted Honda-V8-swap.

Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll surely manage to actually contribute a laptime
:D

@rosckolove speaking of the NSX, the 4200R (CS) feels very much like it but a little less power IMO. If you have time this week give it a go, I'd like your feedback on it.

Edit: I'm making a little progress with the V12, best time so far:

7'32.569 RuddRacer

Last edited:
If you completed 10 laps in a row and started off at a nice controllable pace I bet by the end of those ten laps you would have cut atleast ten seconds and learned quite a bit about the Nurburgring itself. That knowledge and experience would help you with all cars and all tracks in the future, and especially help with Week #7 :sly:

I always felt like doing a lap at the Nurburgring would teach a driver more about the physics of the game, handling characteristics of a car, and in general just give you more experience than completing ten laps on any other track. When I first got into GT5 online racing I was instantly drawn to the Nurburgring lobbies. I was playing at a friend's house on his PS3 at the time. Once I found out the best drivers only used ABS I turned all the aids off and just stuck with it. I believed even though I was on a DS3 I was capable of beating any wheel user I came across with enough practice, which I accomplished (mainly because the aliens didn't hop into random online lobbies) The only downside to this is I find all the other tracks boring in comparison, especially when it comes to time trialing alone. I know that if I put the time in to master the throttle control needed in the current 550pp seasonal with the NSX LM car it would do wonders for my Nurburgring laps. But I find it so boring I struggle to put more than 15-20 minutes in at a time.

Thanks for the info, I need to relearn how to drive without tc and active steering. My other problem is I am over driving the cars, which leads back to relying to much on the active steering. There are some cars that I have no problem driving without aids, mainly awd cars.
I started to get more serious this year with my wheel, before I was faster on the ds3 vs dfgt and slowly I started to get better lap times on the wheel. I still struggle some to control the cars if it starts to slide.
I do like this track, thanks to you and @RuddRacer i get to practice it more. I just noticed in my stats for longest distance on a track changed. :mischievous:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 23
Oh man I remember when I got my wheel. I could barely string together a few corners at the nurb at first. In fact I was having so much trouble I thought my wheel was faulty. Almost sent it back haha. I remember having a lot of difficulty catching slides at first as well. Turn all the aids besides ABS off and take week #1's NSX out on track. Purposely get it sideways a bit and try to catch it or power through it. Just stick with it for a bit. But once you start you have to leave AS off, or it will sort of reset your learning curve. Good luck!

99% of the wins, both total and for the RX7 are online races. Judging by our earnings gap online racing doesn't pay out very well at all haha.

I took a year break as well :/

Last edited:
Oh man I remember when I got my wheel. I could barely string together a few corners at the nurb at first. In fact I was having so much trouble I thought my wheel was faulty. Almost sent it back haha. I remember having a lot of difficulty catching slides at first as well. Turn all the aids besides ABS off and take week #1's NSX out on track. Purposely get it sideways a bit and try to catch it or power through it. Just stick with it for a bit. But once you start you have to leave AS off, or it will sort of reset your learning curve. Good luck!

99% of the wins, both total and for the RX7 are online races. Judging by our earnings gap online racing doesn't pay out very well at all haha.

I took a year break as well :/
Thanks, I am going to try to do all of the seasonal events without active steering as well. But there are some cars that I will have to use it until I can figure it out, I wish that track creator could make a skid pad. It would help me on sliding the car on purpose and trying to bring it back in control. I use a ds3 for rallying and drifting, I can't drift for nothing with my wheel. :dunce:

Wow, I didn't know online didn't pay well. I did notice our gap in earnings, but I noticed you have way more hours in than I do. I would play more but I have a problem with my racing rig, I have the fanatec csl stand and for me it is not comfortable. I need to get a different stand that is more comfortable so I can play more, I also went from the dfgt wheel to a t300rs. I got a better lap in last night.

7:44.358 SilverSE102

Back