GTP online race

• Thread starter fasj6418
  • 44 comments
Brazil
Camboriu - Braz
FASJ6418
hi everybody. reason this is a separate thread is because it gets more visibility.

we all want to race online and have good battles. we want clean races, we want to race with people we can trust (most GTP members).

altough we still don't have private rooms and stuff, we can work something out in the meantime.

after racing over and over again with the same bunch of guys, i think we can do the following:

set up a time for tomorrow. let's try 8PM GMT. it should be 3pm in the east cost of the USA and most importantly, 4am in tokyo, which means less people playing online. if we all start racing at this time, in the same race, we increase dramatically the chances of having 4-5 GTP members in one race, which is already a start.

we can't know for sure unless we try, so i ask? anybody here willing to race at 8PM of january 1st?

see you guys at the track:tup:

sounds like a great plan
too bad i dont have GT5p :( ( common US release, hurry up )

Another good idea is to name what server we are going into.

you mean picking the race? i was thinking about the GTR at fuji, sounds like a good challenge. but i was waiting to see the replies.

not a lot of interest so far.

i can see that not a lot of people think that this is a good idea, but trust me, it works. we will be ramdonly put in different races, but its not like there's a million people playing the game online at 4am in japan. sometimes most of the races don't even have that little pulsing eye in the corner, which means almost empty.

if we can get 2 or 3 GTP members in one race, that's already a start

hi everybody. reason this is a separate thread is because it gets more visibility.

we all want to race online and have good battles. we want clean races, we want to race with people we can trust (most GTP members).

altough we still don't have private rooms and stuff, we can work something out in the meantime.

after racing over and over again with the same bunch of guys, i think we can do the following:

set up a time for tomorrow. let's try 8PM GMT. it should be 3pm in the east cost of the USA and most importantly, 4am in tokyo, which means less people playing online. if we all start racing at this time, in the same race, we increase dramatically the chances of having 4-5 GTP members in one race, which is already a start.

we can't know for sure unless we try, so i ask? anybody here willing to race at 8PM of january 1st?

see you guys at the track:tup:

Hey, you have stole my idea :(

However I have said - do it as early as it is possible - so, thats the very first attempt, I think, enjoy :) and be aware I will soon be there ;)

id be in but i think thats like 6am my time (in australia) so i think ill have to give it a miss.

ok, i less than an hour, let's try to race. if we can't get into that GTR race, let's just chosse the race with less people playing 👍

Nice to be in a race with you Fasj ... :) We were almost going to have a nice duel, but as often happens in these races I was pushed off twice, worst one was lorn lagging like mad and crashed me badly right before the long straight. :s

I just had 1 race and peeps were all over the place lol, just going to keep entering, hopefully see you in there 👍

Yep thats the one, just been leading me 1st Fuji come to 1st corner 3rd lap, and you can guess got punted off big time, theres some dirty races out there, they are going to spoil such an excellent game online that we have waited years for.

Zippy was in one with you on Fuji GTR, but the game lagged out big time!

(Ballist1x)

I saw him, he was driving in front a lot of the time. :) I was catching up but was taken out twice. I didn't see a lot of lag, just that lorn guy again. Maybe other people see me just like him though, I donm't know. So far though I've had a few very good races. But it takes a lot of experience to drive without crashing into others at this level and with these kind of cars, and most people do not have that skill yet. It will get better once we can select who to drive against, and when the game is released in Europe, so that the game can prefer to select regional drivers, for instance.

Just starting another race, hoping to see another familiar face. As the evening progresses though lag seems to get worse. The two games prior to this last one were hopeless.

I saw him, he was driving in front a lot of the time. :) I was catching up but was taken out twice. I didn't see a lot of lag, just that lorn guy again. Maybe other people see me just like him though, I donm't know. So far though I've had a few very good races. But it takes a lot of experience to drive without crashing into others at this level and with these kind of cars, and most people do not have that skill yet. It will get better once we can select who to drive against, and when the game is released in Europe, so that the game can prefer to select regional drivers, for instance.

Just starting another race, hoping to see another familiar face. As the evening progresses though lag seems to get worse. The two games prior to this last one were hopeless.

i started at 8 pm GMT but i only got my first race at 8:20. a bit messy, bit laggy, but overall was fun. i don't know if i ran into someone from GTP (maybe arwin, but what's your PSN ID?). i did felt a bit ackward because there are times when you bump into someone unintentionally. like, i was braking, but the car behind me didn't, he bumped me, and i ended up hitting the car in front of me. just couldn't avoid it. then the guy thought i did that on purpose and tried to hit me everytime i tried to overtake.

in total (1:30 hours playing) i only got 6 races. i remember having 2 lap battles with guys named boto911 and califa_ITA or something like it. those guys knew how to play.

but nice to see that somebody found somebody in one those races. and maybe i did ran with arwin, just don't know what was his name.

we can try that more often, as you guys saw, servers were almost empty at that time.

Sorry I didn't see your thread a few hours earlier I would have taken part. If you organise another I'll get in on it, you can PM if you like. My PSN name is same as here, Drew22

I'm online now and see some guy in gold colour .. ;) Come to Fuji with some Sclass car.

Only found you twice in two hours Sphinx, both times I got detained. In the first race I was right behind you till I got inconvienced by driving on the grass. Actually that was a real nice race, all the drivers were ....well.. driving, no intentional contact at all.There are a few guys there that are quite good drivers yet they resort to unethical contact. Oh well it does seem to be getting better but there are a few guys that will make me cancel a race when I see them in the grid...I'm just tired of their crap.

Only found you twice in two hours Sphinx, both times I got detained. In the first race I was right behind you till I got inconvienced by driving on the grass. Actually that was a real nice race, all the drivers were ....well.. driving, no intentional contact at all.There are a few guys there that are quite good drivers yet they resort to unethical contact. Oh well it does seem to be getting better but there are a few guys that will make me cancel a race when I see them in the grid...I'm just tired of their crap.

Yep, I saw you and was feeling for you when I could see the crap you were enduring when I was sitting back waiting for the numptys to fall by the way side. A lot of them have no clue whatsoever. I too have noticed that some very good drivers still feel the need to bump, ram and swipe, in fact I will introduce one to you very soon. :sly:

Back