GTP online race

• Thread starter fasj6418
  • 44 comments
Sorry that I have hit you at the last race...

That's OK, no worries. 👍👍

One hit, or even two hits are OK by me, it's the third one that raises my suspicions. :)

Damn, I've just given away my strategy. :sly:

I have to say though, you were having a bad ping day so a lot of it would be due to that i guess.

You DIRTY driver CroArmy, you dont deserve to be on these forums, is that the only way you can win a race by punting peeps of, i kept outa trouble on that Suzuka race and ended up in the lead but oh no you did not like that, so punted me off. Learn to race properly or dont bother. Roll on private races.

PS3 Network Gamer ID:
CroArmy
GT4 Percent Complete:

I hate newbies who keep hitting me from behind @ Daytona and T-bone me at Fuji!!!

What's worse is the Evo hacks that position themselves in front of you for an "assumed" bump draft. They know that car can't run on Daytona, so they have to resort to infantile tactics.

You DIRTY driver CroArmy, you dont deserve to be on these forums, is that the only way you can win a race by punting peeps of, i kept outa trouble on that Suzuka race and ended up in the lead but oh no you did not like that, so punted me off. Learn to race properly or dont bother. Roll on private races.

PS3 Network Gamer ID:
CroArmy
GT4 Percent Complete:

I don't remember that race, but i apologies for hitting you. I don't hit drivers on purpose, only if there's lag or if they break earlier and i can't stop soon enough.

I have to say that because of lag, I've rammed people unintentionally a few times myself. In fact, I nearly did one of the infamous torpedo runs at Fuji's turn 1. For whatever reason, either the shift light blinked late or the car just didn't want to slow down, but I headed for the pack at very high speed! Fortunately a gap opened and I shot through it, but I bet they thought Tetsumura was a dweeb rammer who failed for once. :P

Bome su te rastavili CroArmy, nisam znao da si takav vozac :D

Ccccccc... A i ono vrijeme sam ti skinuo, ali to si sigurno vec vidio takodjer :D Zezam se, vidimo se na trialima, to je sad jedina zabava dok ne dodje privatno otrkivanje..

Sory for Croatian guys, this one was internal joke.

Yeah me too, I was comming into a turn and hit the brakes but nothing happened for a second and I accidentially hit the car infront, luckily I didn't ram him off the road, and I let him pass when he had recovered.

You have to be aware of the lag that can occur specially just before hard corners.

On another note, man there are a lot of dirty racers out there. Hopefully the ramming protection will come in soon, read some where that they were going to put in a ramming protection that detects if your comming into a corner too fast and then you'll become a ghost car :)

...Hopefully the ramming protection will come in soon, read some where that they were going to put in a ramming protection that detects if your comming into a corner too fast and then you'll become a ghost car :)

I think I've seen this happen during a race at Suzuka (ramming protection). Where the F430 infront of me - with no cars close by approaced the Hairpin turn #11 way too fast and turned to GHOST as the turn began and before going off track.

And then later in the same race, same corner, I could have sworn that a close by car behind me (not on my bumper) came into that corner way too fast and passed thru me. I couldn't tell if they were trying to knock me off the track or simply missed the breaking point. Either way I was glad they didn't hit me.

Yesterday I had a race at Suzuka East that was both hilarious and sad. Hilarious because of the stupidity of the drivers and sad because of the awlful online experience.
So here goes - Enter race, start last as usual out of thirteen and just as well as to what was about to happen. Race starts and I hold back because of the antics that are well known at " The Corner from hell". As usual bumper cars ensue and total chaos reigns. Cars everywhere, in the barrier, in the sand infact just about everywhere apart from the track. At the start of the curves I get shunted by a non existent car and end up facing the barrier the wrong way!
Over the next couple of laps things get worse. At the end of one lap a car is shooting down the start/finish straight on the verge going BACKWARDS! He proceeds to go through the sand at the Corner from Hell, across the grass and shunts a car already in the barrier.
Cars start appearing in front of me out of nowhere and my position changes erractically! Cars jump erratically from one side of the track to another.
One car was parked on the short straight after the Corner from Hell and I just about evade this stupid nonsense.
On the last lap I am leading only to have a ghost car appear in front and I watch in total amusement as he takes the last corner too fast and buries himself in the barrier. This leaves me an easy win!!!
Not that I cared because I had just won a race that was so funny I didn't really care. I just wish I had recorded it or been able to save the replay.
I hope nobody from GTP was taking part in the race!!!!! It was at about 11.30 GMT last night.
I just enjoy doing these races, not to win, but to see the antics that go on.

Happy racing,

nige

One thing that really pisses me off is when a car behind you hits you on the side and you get the penalty, this one guy kept doing this to me over and over again. I was fuming, nearly to the point that I tried to catch up just to ram him but then I cooled down and didn't.

we at GTRP (gt forum with mostly german members) experienced that if you log into the same race at the same time most of the participants can join the same race. using a teamspeak-server/channel for further agreements before and within the races adds to succeeding in racing together. furthermore you can even warn your mates if your in their blind spots etc....

we at GTRP (gt forum with mostly german members) experienced that if you log into the same race at the same time most of the participants can join the same race. using a teamspeak-server/channel for further agreements before and within the races adds to succeeding in racing together. furthermore you can even warn your mates if your in their blind spots etc....

Trust you guys at Racing Point to get your act together before anyone else. 👍

Thanks for the advice, fahrer. 👍👍👍

I've got two PS3's with GT5P and indeed joining at the same time almost always gets you into the same race, which is great! Weird enough one is always later than the other (40GB quicker than the 60GB) even though they're on the same internet connection.

Latest Posts

Back