GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
United States
Texas
As time goes on the more I realize I like this game, but then it hits my own restrictions when I get bored and as the RNG, and luck in general, have never allied with me, it does hit a bit of a snag. SO...why bring this up? Well, during some open time at work, a few broken cogs in my mind meshed and created something that is.....unoriginal. I've seen it done with RPGs with...err...responses at least, so as I have been in a ProStreet mood for a while but tire of the grind of my restrictions, I'd like to try a little project if anyone is interested- Career by Committee.

What I can't do: Be available 24/7, play at all times, stream, take actual screenshots (I'll be on PS3), use the Veyron, use the Road Runner, use the F1, and on and on.

What I can do: I now have internet at my house again, so I can be on regularly when playing and report back to the braintrust here. Yeah it's not much, but I'm on anyway so might as well. I do have a camera that takes decent pics, if those would work I can manage that.

What I've been trying up to now: "Locked Wallet">Spend no money at all, with the lone exception being repairs; "Full Cycle">Must go through all possible events in the Battle Machine, React, and Super Promotion levels, doesn't apply to the elites.

OK, here's how it works, I drive the car to the best of my ability, and GTP makes the decisions.

No, seriously. I'm told where to go, what cars to buy, what to upgrade, and when, and I do my damnedest to be a great success. I'll even put the name of the profile (Driver is named Ryan Cooper for the uninitiated), the difficulty, and the look of the cars.

I'd go on, but that's really it. As always if no one bites I'll just let it fall aside, but I think it could be interesting at least, especially as I'm a little lot bad at everything.

====================EDIT: WE'RE GOING!====================​
If it says I'm online, I can probably pick up the game and play some. Feel free to make decisions at any time.

Career Progress: 31%
NFS PS Crown.png

Last Event: React Team Sessions- Mondello Park III

Cash on hand: $316,210

Grip Car 1: Nissan 240SX (S13)
Power/Torque: 302 HP/220 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (HKS)
  • Stage 3 Drivetrain (B&M)
  • Stage 2 Forced Induction (Turbonetics)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (KYB)
  • Stage 2 Brakes (Wilwood)
  • Stage 2 Tires (Yokohama)
  • Stage 2 Nitrous (Edelbrock)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (HRE C20)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 115)
  • Stage 2 Roll Cage (Frizzera 8-Point)
Owned Parts
  • Stage 1 Drivetrain (Moroso/B&M/DC Sports)
  • Stage 2 Drivetrain (Clutchmasters)
  • Stage 1 Suspension (Koni)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (Vogtland)
  • Stage 1 Tires (Hankook)
  • Stage 2 Tires (Michelin/Toyo)

Grip Car 2:Nissan 350Z (Z33)
Power/Torque: 507 HP/ 429 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (Crower)
  • Stage 3 Drivetrain (TCI)
  • Stage 3 Forced Induction (HKS)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (Intrax)
  • Stage 3 Brakes (Baer)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Hankook)
  • Stage 3 Nitrous (ZEX)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (5ZIGEN FN01R-C)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 114)
Owned Parts
  • Stage 3 Engine (HKS)
  • Stage 1 Drivetrain (Moroso)
  • Stage 1 Suspension (DC Sports)
  • Stage 2 Brakes (Wilwood/Endless)
  • Stage 1 Tires (Kumho)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Kumho) *Drift Only Apparently*
  • Stage 1 Nitrous (NOS)

Grip Car 3: Lotus Elise
Power/Torque: 378 HP/246 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (Crower)
  • Stage 3 Drivetrain (Centerforce)
  • Stage 3 Forced Induction (Turbonetics)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (KYB)
  • Stage 3 Brakes (Stoptech)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Hankook)
  • Stage 3 Nitrous (Nitrous Express)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (OZ Superleggera 3)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 114)

Drift Car 1: Toyota Supra
Power/Torque: 645 HP/486 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (HKS)
  • Stage 1 Drivetrain (B&M)
  • Stage 1 Forced Induction (TiAL)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (Vogtland)
  • Stage 2 Tires (Toyo)
  • Stage 1 Nitrous (NOS)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (ADR Empire)
  • Stage 1 Body Kit (Stratospeed Formula 7)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 109)
Owned Parts
  • Stage 1 Engine (Castrol)

Drag Car 1: Pontiac GTO
Power/Torque: 897 HP/665 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (Comp Cams)
  • Stage 3 Drivetrain (Raxles)
  • Stage 3 Forced Induction (Jackson Racing)
  • Stage 4 Suspension (Apex)
  • Stage 3 Brakes (Brembo)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Mickey Thompson)
  • Stage 1 Nitrous (NOS)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (Racing Hart CP-510)
  • Stage 1 Body Kit (Stratospeed Formula 5)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 403)
  • Stage 2 Roll Cage (Frizzera Racing 8 Point)
Owned Parts
  • Stage 2 Suspension (Apex/Eibach)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (Eibach)
  • Stage 2 Tires (Toyo & Michelin)

Speed Car 1: Nissan GT-R (R34)
Power/Torque: 778 HP/587 ft-lbs
Equipped Upgrades:
  • Stage 3 Engine (Crowerl)
  • Stage 4 Drivetrain (Quaife)
  • Stage 1 Forced Induction (Tial)
  • Stage 3 Suspension (Intrax)
  • Stage 3 Brakes (Baer)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Michelin)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (Concept Olson M09)
  • Stage 1 Body Kit (Stratospeed Widebody)
  • Stage 1 Spoiler (Gentera 113)
  • Stage 2 Roll Cage (Frizzera Racing 8 Point)
Owned Parts:
  • Stage 1 Engine (Castrol)
  • Stage 2 Drivetrain (Centerforce)
  • Stage 3 Tires (Michelin) *Race special apparently*

Note that the Stock Autosculpt bodykit is as effective as any of the regular ones, and is free.

Scrapped Vehicles: Chevy Cobalt SS

New events open to us:
React Team Sessions- Mondello Park II (3 Grip, 1 Drag)
Super Promotion- Tokyo Dockyard (3 Grip, 2 Drag); Willow Springs (2 Grip, 3 Drift, 1 Drag); Texas World Speedway (4 Grip, 1 Drift, 2 Drag); Infineon II (3 Grip, 2 Drift, 1 Drag)
G-Effect- Mondello Park (6 Grip)
Rouge Speed- Chicago Airfield (6 Drag)
Noise Bomb- Tokyo Dockyard (6 Drift)
Nitrocide- Autobahnring (6 Speed)

Records Broken: WHO CARES NOW!!

15 Repair & 15 Total Repair Markers remaining.

Last edited:
As time goes on the more I realize I like this game, but then it hits my own restrictions when I get bored and as the RNG, and luck in general, have never allied with me, it does het a bit of a snag. SO...why bring this up? Well, during some open time at work, a few broken cogs in my mind meshed and created something that is.....unoriginal. I've seen it done with RPGs with...err...responses at least, so as I have been in a ProStreet mood for a while but tire of the grind of my restrictions, I'd like to try a little project if anyone is interested- Career by Committee.

What I can't do: Be available 24/7, play at all times, stream, take actual screenshots (I'll be on PS3), use the Veyron, use the Road Runner, use the F1, and on and on.

What I can do: I now have internet at my house again, so I can be on regularly when playing and report back to the braintrust here. Yeah it's not much, but I'm on anyway so might as well. I do have a camera that takes decent pics, if those would work I can manage that.

What I've been trying up to now: "Locked Wallet">Spend no money at all, with the lone exception being repairs; "Full Cycle">Must go through all possible events in the Battle Machine, React, and Super Promotion levels, doesn't apply to the elites.

OK, here's how it works, I drive the car to the best of my ability, and GTP makes the decisions.

No, seriously. I'm told where to go, what cars to buy, what to upgrade, and when, and I do my damnedest to be a great success. I'll even put the name of the profile (Driver is named Ryan Cooper for the uninitiated), the difficulty, and the look of the cars.

I'd go on, but that's really it. As always if no one bites I'll just let it fall aside, but I think it could be interesting at least, especially as I'm a little lot bad at everything.

Want to give it a go?
So it's a "GTPlanet plays ProStreet" kind of deal?

My way? I'm going to have you focus on Drag Racing.
Effectively I'm a hired driver. I'll report how I do and how much money there is, maybe even find my camera and give some screenshots, but once I'm at the menus, it's all GTP.

Also the goal is to win everything.

Well, I mean we're going to destroy Drag first, then onto the next ones.

I won't rest till we bag ourselves a cock and his Evo.

Well, I mean we're going to destroy Drag first, then onto the next ones.

I won't rest till we bag ourselves a cock and his Evo.
Well, you'll rest, but I will try to take that little bastard down ASAP. I've got today for sure, and I'll probably shout out when I come back to it.

While I'm not skilled, the hierarchy for me seems to go Grip>Drag>Speed>>>>>Drift.

First thing's first, all y'all are making decisions, so while I may be a tiebreaker, it'll be up to y'all to come up with an off-track plan.

I'm gonna look for my camera quickly, so if people want to go with this I want to start....within the next hour. I need a Profile name and either medium or hard difficulty, easy is just too restrictive for me anymore.

I nominate the profile name be GTPvNFSPS or something like that.

Change it if it doesn't have NFS Most Wanted's stupid 7 letter restriction.

Well, you can't choose a name because you will be Ryan Cooper anyway. :lol:

I don't know, how hard is hard?

Is there maximum rubberbanding on hard?
I would say less, but I ran a some speed events on my hard game and while they seem a bit banded, they are notably faster, npcs going 120 on easy to 200s on hard.
AFAIK it just turns off auto brake and auto steer. May make the AI harder
That is very much true, but it allows me to race better in the end.

I can't use lowercase letters, so I'm using GTPLANET. This truly doesn't matter much, but it's for the immersion I guess. King race mode active.

Now I have an aside question- has anyone ever lost that tutorial race? If so did it change anything?

Now I have an aside question- has anyone ever lost that tutorial race? If so did it change anything?
I know now. You have to restart and win, but as long as you don't tear the car apart it's not hard at all.

Now Running: Battle Machine Nevada Challenge. 2 Grip events, 2 Drag events.

Immediate Decision: Reward Drag car taken; Chevy Cobalt SS or late 90s Honda Civic.

Due to my familiarity with it, I took the Cobalt. I also drew a repair marker card. So here's how things are laid out right now:

Cash: $20,400

Grip Car 1: Nissan 240SX (S13)
Stock Power/Torque: 140HP/152 ft-lbs
Stock Color: Off-white
Already Available Upgrades:
  • Stage 1 Wheels (HRE C20)
  • Stage 2 Roll Cage (Frizzera 8-Point)

Drag Car 1: Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Stock Power/Torque: 205HP/200 ft-lbs
Stock Color: Orange
Already Available Upgrades:
  • Stage 1 Forced Induction (TiAL Turbo)
  • Stage 1 Suspension (Bilstein)
  • Stage 1 Nitrous (NOS)
  • Stage 1 Wheels (Center Line Convo Pro)

Note that the Stock Autosculpt bodykit is as effective as any of the regular ones, and is free.

Events open to us:
Battle Machine- Willow Springs (3 Grip, 1 Drag) & Chicago Airfield (4 Grip, 1 Drag)

Need 1 more domination and 3 wins to participate in Showdown: Chicago.

Records Broken:
Grip- 1/10
Drag- 2/10
Drift- 0/10
Speed- 0/10
Event Weekends-1

Can I help too? For speed events?
Jump on in. I drive the cars, and GTP makes all the off-track decisions. Between events I will update cash, records, and if I won anything.

On the forum side, You/y'all/whoever happens to be paying attention at the time will tell me what to do. Buy these parts, put these in, take those out, sell this car, go to this event next, even what the car should look like. If visuals are needed, the best I can do is a picture of the screen.

At this moment, the cars are stock and I'm awaiting orders.

Also, and I'll put this in the OP, if GTP says I'm online, I can pick up the game whenever.

Last edited:
Let's head to Willow Springs with what we got.

Just wondering if we're allowed to repeat an event for more money. Because I'm thinking a car for each contributee... but don't mind me thinking out loud again!

EDIT: I know the Drag is a bit of a drag at this time due to one guy rocketing in a S13, so the plan is to try for a Dominate via Grip.

Last edited:
Alright, all parts going back in, I'll note those later, and I'll head for the streets.

And yes, Will Jackson is a fast and flukey mother:censored:.

Ok. Since you don't have much money for now, I suggest get the free Energizer Viper. It's part of the free Energizer Lithium Extenders Pack DLC. Or if you have, get the GT-R Proto. Best speed class car available.

Last edited:
Willow Springs results (240SX & Cobalt): Dominated.
1/4 mile Drag-1st (12.28/14.40) Record Broken
2 lap GP Circuit Grip-1st (3:11.42/3:43.28) Record Broken
3 lap Short C Grip Class-1st (3:18.40/3:44.44) Record Broken
3 lap Short B Time Attack-1st (1:14.40/1:27.27) Record Broken

Bonus cards: Cash and Stage 1 Tires for the Cobalt.

Ok. Since you don't have much money for now, I suggest get the free Energizer Viper. It's part of the free Energizer Lithium Extenders Pack DLC. Or if you have, get the GT-R Proto. Best speed class car available.
Even if I could access DLC, that would probably been something I would have said no to. I had it at one point, and being able to get a fleet of F1s and Veyrons damn near ruined the game for me.

It doesn't matter though, I don't have it and can't access it. We've got to do this with the vanilla game.

Yeah hmmm, there is a way to get a free Viper though. I think by completing a Super Promotion event will get you a Viper. Also, for wheelie events, get the GTO (not the old one).

If you are falling short on cash, there is a way though but I don't know if you're going to allow exploits or cheats.

Last edited:
I think you should go do the race weekend @ Texas that gets you a free 350Z or GTI and choose the 350Z (Grip) if you win. Then convert it to drift discipline.

Yeah hmmm, there is a way to get a free Viper though. I think by completing a Super Promotion event will get you a Viper. Also, for wheelie events, get the GTO (not the old one).

If you are falling short on cash, there is a way though but I don't know if you're going to allow exploits or cheats.
I want to say you can earn two, both in SP challenges, but again gotta get there first, then I've gotta be good enough to get them.

As for cash, it shouldn't be an issue, but the only time I'll say anything about repeating a dominated event is when I've done it for the 5th+ time already. That along with 'I gotta get there first' should answer @SomePlayaDude
I think you should go do the race weekend @ Texas that gets you a free 350Z or GTI and choose the 350Z (Grip) if you win. Then convert it to drift discipline.
Either have to go through Portland or Chicago II first. I'd prefer PIR, short event, fast track, but mistakes are easily recoverable.

Are there any parts, visual or performance, anyone wants to put on either car right now? I prefer a solid chassis in grip and speed, power seems more important in drifting, and if you want to up the power in drag, I need tires.

For Drag just go with the Supra, easiest car there. For Speed anything powerful with 4WD will be awesome. I don't remember what I was using for Grip and drift I was whatever :lol:

Right now, I'm thinking we get better bases than cheap sports cars. But do we have Tier 2, or are we still in Tier 1?

EDIT: Moved it in a post ahead.

Last edited:
Back