GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
Maybe that means Bradley Hunter will be at Nevada or Showdown Chicago.

I'll replace the current pics with the looks I normally give my cars shortly.

Yes, he shows up in a black and white Chevelle SS with a MOROSO logo if I'm not mistaken.

I think you should do the next Battle Machine weekend @ Nevada and then head on to Super Promotion.

I can do that, but first thing's first...I need a drift car. So, what are we gonna do about that?
Just tossing an idea, do you want to keep the 350Z as a second grip car or maybe turn it into a drift car instead? Reading through this thread makes me wish I brought my copy of ProStreet with me, instead I brought Most wanted and Carbon. Right now I'm trying to complete MW with only the Cobalt.

Keep up the good work. 👍

Just tossing an idea, do you want to keep the 350Z as a second grip car or maybe turn it into a drift car instead? Reading through this thread makes me wish I brought my copy of ProStreet with me, instead I brought Most wanted and Carbon. Right now I'm trying to complete MW with only the Cobalt.

Keep up the good work. 👍
I've still not actually used the Z, but I'm on the verge of breaking it in because the 240 just can't run right now.

And good luck with the Cobalt. IIRC, I got to....#8 with it? I also really lost interest near that point.

So invert what I suggested then and make the 240SX as your temporary drifter? Back when I played I mainly used American Muscle for everything because I like them that much. :)

Any Nissan is good for drifting, so it's mainly a personal choice. I want you to go after the Elise, that's why I would maintain the 240SX until you beat the Showdown, which is when you unlock Tier 2 cars.

Any Nissan is good for drifting, so it's mainly a personal choice. I want you to go after the Elise, that's why I would maintain the 240SX until you beat the Showdown, which is when you unlock Tier 2 cars.
Let's plan to agree on a certain car in each class for the React events.
Hey, this is why I started this thing, so you all could congregate and make decisions, sometimes in groups and sometimes alone. I'll make suggestions and comments but for this playthrough I'm the driver and not much else.

If y'all want me to convert one of the cars to drift, I will. If you want to buy a cheap drifter, I'll get the list.

Not sure if I've said this yet or not, but this also applies to upgrades, both purchasing and/or installing won parts.

I do have to agree that the Nissans are good for drifting with the 240 in particular. My nephew pointed out to me that it seems to get more points than the other cars and I can confirm this to be true. Biggest issue here is to keep it in grip or convert it to drift since it does amazing in both. The 350z and GTO that you win can be very devastating as a drag car. With stock engine and brakes but everything else upgraded it can do 7s or 8s easily all day long. Keep it at only stage 2 suspension or it will wheelie and ruin your run. For speed the 911 (4WD) just seems to be better at handling the bumps and jumps compared to most cars (probably because of EA and Porsche licensing), but this is most likely overkill at this stage in the game.

GUYS. ONE EVENT AT A 🤬 TIME. FOCUS. I need you all to put your heads together and figure out the immediate future. This is the only situation I will ever state this so savor it, I don't need suggestions, I NEED ORDERS!

I would suggest adding the engine to the Cobalt since it is there, and spending a little to bump up the 240SX in the power dept.

240SX now has a stage 3 engine (HKS) and drivetrain (B&M), it now makes 256 HP/ 189 ft-lbs.

Cobalt's stage 3 engine is now, begrudgingly, installed. If I start swearing, you'll know why.

Z is now a drifter, and I'm into the unknown with this. Should be...interesting.

With that we have $78,200 and are on the way to Nevada.

BM- Nevada Highway II results (240, Z, Cobalt): Dominated in 5
Course A Drift- 1st (3065 points) Record Broken
Course B Drift- 1st (3037 points) Record Broken
1/2 mile Drag- 1st (17.74/20.67)
3 lap Cheyenne Time Attack- 1st (48.86/1:06.06) Record Broken
3 lap Tornado Shootout- 1st (3179 points) Record Broken
3 lap Dakota Grip Class- 1st (2:30.31/3:20.02) Record Broken

Bonus Cards: Stage 2 Tires (240) & Cash

The Z is OK drifting, it prefers to go forward instead of straight sideways though. That may be me because my GTOs do the same. The Cobalt was definitely more powerful, but prone to spinning tires in 1st. The 240.....Hoooollleeeeee 🤬!

@SomePlayaDude you never said which to switch, and I don't care enough about drifting in this game to have picked one. Also that would defeat the premise of the playthrough.

Oh.

I'll try to be more specific in the ordering now. I'm just worried some others might not agree with what I have in mind.

Oh.

I'll try to be more specific in the ordering now. I'm just worried some others might not agree with what I have in mind.
Thank you, and don't worry about the others like that. If they have an idea that's different than yours, they can speak up and then you can collaborate with each other. In the end, the only thing that can't be taken back is cash, and that's not hard to come by.

THOUGHT: Wow, if only that last sentence applied in reality too.

Back