GTP Rally - Tuesday 25th - 20:00 GMTOpen 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 69 comments
Do you have decided where host race? If there's need to send friend request or invates or ...
It'll be run in the Open Lobby but for friends only so we don't get drivers in there who are clueless of our set of rules and thread here at GTP.
My PSN ID is the same as my username here.

or another date like thursday 29.January
It's too late now I think to change the time.
It is still set for Wednesday (tomorrow) @ 4pm EST / 9pm GMT
gonna be a tough one for me

If we do this again next week we can change the time, gamer. 👍

Last edited:
Good luck with it Jocke, it sounds like an excellent event. Full damage on rally tracks! I think that would suit my style, but I'm screwed for racing tomorrow I'm afraid. Next Wednesday would be fine, as long as I get it set up before being committed Tuesday ( I jumped in with GBRC for tonight.)

Cheers, Zo.

In the highly unlikely event there should be a tie in points at the top of the standings,
those two drivers could have a shoot-out at Toscana to decide the champion. :mischievous:

those two drivers could have a shoot-out at Toscana
6a00d83420a02f53ef0162fd077ccf970d.gif

I just bought the 5 cars... can I ride each one in the event like it was suggested earlier?
I don't think I'll get another chance to use them...or will I?
already starting to regret the spending of the hardly earned credits...

I just bought the 5 cars... can I ride each one in the event like it was suggested earlier?
already starting to regret the spending of the hardly earned credits...
I think it was said to use one of the cars but what the heck. As long as they meet the requirements use any of the five cars.
You really bought all five? I have ~300,000 credits. :guilty:

I love rallying, gamer, and I haven't seen anyone else hosting rally races so this is something I'd definitely like to do again.

Last edited:
I like to propose that next time grid order would be reverse base on previous race result. That would give more chance to more drivers to win races.
Ok there is chance that someone start to be sandbaging to get last place and then next race to get pole.

I like to propose that next time grid order would be reverse base on previous race result. That would give more chance to more drivers to win races.
Ok there is chance that someone start to be sandbaging to get last place and then next race to get pole.
Maybe shorten the number of races instead and have a five minute qualifying session for each race. Because I feel you should earn your place on the grid
and not be gifted a better starting position.

I had fun. First time 'Rallying' online for me personally..

LPhYOCu0jBf5vuUT_0.jpg

Results will be up soon.

Last edited:
Yes that could work also. You could make some kind of track pool and pick may be 3 tracks for night. Then next week 3 different tracks and so on....may by races could be little longer with this spec.
Maybe shorten the number of races instead and have a five minute qualifying session for each race. Because I feel you should earn your place on the grid
and not be gifted a better starting position. Anyway, it's up for debate.

Anyway, thank you for this, fun races I enjoyed.

and not be gifted a better starting position. Anyway, it's up for debate.

I had fun. First time 'Rallying' online for me personally..

LPhYOCu0jBf5vuUT_0.jpg

Results will be up soon.

I think this system made the series very Monaco-biaised as it was by far the most important round of all. Not only the race but also the Q session.
That being said, it is Jocke's event so we should expect such bias towards his very own "principaute".
what about trying to mix Time trial events and race events. I know it would be difficult since that would imply to change lobby but I m sure you can squeeze some inventive formula out of your creative brains...
butand may I suggest turning the penalties off, I find the system to be even more irrelevant with rally cars.
All in all I had a great time using every possible car in this event, I hope they displayed correctly.
I am definitely looking forward to other events in this fashion.
Great idea again @JockeP22

everything worked very well
Thanks.
You could make some kind of track pool and pick may be 3 tracks for night. Then next week 3 different tracks and so on....may by races could be little longer with this spec.
Very good idea, jammy. 👍
My first time doing rally races.
And you finished top 6 even though you missed out on Monaco. Great driving as usual, Aaroh.
I think this system made the series very Monaco-biaised
You know me gamer, I love qualifying almost more than I do racing and I would like to have a short qualifying round ahead of all races I participate in
as that is the best way to decide a grid, but seeing as tracks 2-5 were so long I felt I had to pick the lesser of two evils
(grid based on previous race, fastest first).
I'm not a fan of grids based on what you did in a previous race or 'success penalties' in the shape of car ballast if you place well in the races.
Next time we could add in qualifying sessions for all races we do and shorten the list of rounds instead.
may I suggest turning the penalties off
I would be happy to remove them. It's just that I kept them on since many of us were new acquaintances to each other.
I have already turned them off in the Z8 Club and it seems to go well.
Penalties off next time.

Some other race series we did 5 min quali in Sierra. So that person who went most far on track got pole and grid order was same as quali runnig order at that point when quoli time ended (quali: race alone, start final corner).
... I would like to have a short qualifying round ahead of all races I participate in as that is the best way to decide a grid, but seeing as tracks 2-5 were so long I felt I had to pick the lesser of two evils (grid based on previous race, fastest first)...

Some other race series we did 5 min quali in Sierra. So that person who went most far on track got pole and grid order was same as quali runnig order at that point when quoli time ended (quali: race alone, start final corner).
Very interesting jammy, I didn't know that worked. You learn something every day with this game. 👍
Thanks, man.

So this could be very well implemented even at those long tracks such as Nordschleife, K Trail, Sierra etcetera.

If/When we do this again I'm thinking that, apart from doing qualifying ahead of each race from now on and getting rid of the penalties, I will also
allow any rally car to be used and not just the five original ones from post #1.
As long as the rally car uses a 2L engine and follows the BHP & Weight limitations it's all good.

I kept it to those five cars initially only because they were detailed cars and I thought the simplified ones wouldn't
hold any interest. Perhaps I was wrong?
I know I'd like to try a Mitsubishi next time. :)

We could also set it to 290 BHP for race #1, 315 BHP for race #2 and 330 BHP for race #3.. or something like that.

👍👍👍
If/When we do this again I'm thinking that, apart from doing qualifying ahead of each race from now on and getting rid of the penalties, I will also
allow any rally car to be used and not just the five original ones from post #1.
As long as the rally car uses a 2L engine and follows the BHP & Weight limitations it's all good.

I kept it to those five cars initially only because they were detailed cars and I thought the simplified ones wouldn't
hold any interest. Perhaps I was wrong?
I know I'd like to try a Mitsubishi next time. :)

We could also set it to 290 BHP for race #1, 315 BHP for race #2 and 330 BHP for race #3.. or something like that.

Really nice idea Jocke. That will make it even more interesting!

Back