GTP Rally - Tuesday 25th - 20:00 GMTOpen 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 69 comments
Sweden
Sweden
ersatt.jpg

This is a recurring "single-day" series that is started and finished in the span of 1 - 1½ hours.

This is not a time trial or 'stages' event but an all out race event with battles for position and all drivers on track.

The races vary in length and weather, from dry day-time and night-time to rain, dirt and snow.

A five-minute qualifying session is held before each race regardless of track length.
If a full lap is not completed the driver with the longest distance driven is awarded pole position and the rest of
the grid according to total distance travelled.
(thank you @jammy21)

AVAILABLE CARS

nyarallybilar_zpsa76c99d7.jpg~original

There will always be a pre-race decided BHP and weight limit and these will vary from race to race.

Previous races

firsttimerally_zps6ef24477.jpg~original

Last edited:
I'm interested. Can I use same car in all 5 races? Or do you have to use all 5 cars (one car in one race)?
I like to use C4.

This looks good. I thought about hosting similarly set-up championships. Just need to figure out whether to drive the Suzuki or Toyota. Otherwise, can't wait! 👍

I'm interested. Can I use same car in all 5 races? Or do you have to use all 5 cars (one car in one race)?
I like to use C4.
Kiitos jammy.
For this first time I'm going for simplicity, so you race with the same car in all five races.
But if we do this again it could be very interesting to be forced to use all five cars. That would really show who has the absolute most driving talent and versatility. 👍

This looks good. I thought about hosting similarly set-up championships. Just need to figure out whether to drive the Suzuki or Toyota. Otherwise, can't wait! 👍
Thanks Dino. I've been meaning to start a 'Rally Mini-championship' for a while. But because I mostly follow F1, MotoGP and Nascar the Rally hobby has always been a distant fourth.
There is something pure about Rallying though, something extraordinary.

I remember when Gilles Panizzi was still active in the WRC. His onboard footage was always entertaining to watch because he had this incredible stare and intense focus in his eyes.
Same with Grönholm.

I haven't really played any Rally games since Colin McRae Rally on PS1, but that was a game I played to death. It was so good.

similarly set-up championships
Yes I'd rather do these quick championships than to plan ahead for multiple weeks or multiple months and have a long schedule of races.
Just need to figure out whether to drive the Suzuki or Toyota
I might go with the Toyota simply because it could be considered the underdog of the bunch. :)
Don't know if I'm right about that though.
Otherwise, can't wait
Me too.

Last edited:
This comes too soon to me. I'm having busy week. But you can go with it if that works others.
I'll just throw a provisional date and time out there to see if it works for you;

Wednesday, January 28th @ 3pm EST / 8pm GMT.

This comes too soon to me. I'm having busy week. But you can go with it if that works others.
As I mentioned in the first post I'm hoping to do this many times so you'll get plenty more opportunities.

Some of us met up for a few practice races yesterday. It was brilliant stuff and I wonder why I have waited so long
to get involved in Rally again. It's so much fun and the experience is like none other.
To drive behind Smiley and If in the dirt at Toscana was thrilling. :)
Yes, we went there even though the track isn't included in this little championship.

A montage of yesterday from K Trail, Sierra, Nordschleife and Monaco;

rallyrally_zps04d7a756.jpg~original

And even though we won't go to Toscana in this championship I have to share this one;

Toscana.jpg

I don't know if I can make it for all the races Jocke, but if you don't mind the possibility of me maybe skipping a couple (and I'm around of course), I'd like to give it a try.

I'm thinking of maybe the Suzuki, since that doesn't seem very popular at the moment. And it's yellow.

I think I have little chance to join after all.

It's Wednesday, January 28th @ 4pm EST / 9pm GMT?

When race host is from neighboring country it usually means better race times (still 9pm GMT is latest for me to start race during the week).

Back