]-[ GTP Roadster Challenge - Drop the Top and lets Race!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 32 comments

HaylRayzor

HASA Member
Premium
HaylRayzor
GTP Roadster Challenge

This is the updated version of the Premium Roadster Challege. I'm opening it up to all roadsters and boosting up the performance a bit.

The next race date is TBD, depending of whether there is interest, and what times work for people.

Most already know this but a roadster is:
FR drivetrain
2-seats
Convertible Top (or no top at all)

460PP (as far as I know every roadster in the game can make this number, from the Miata to the Cobra)
Sport Soft tires
Boost Off
No aids except ABS
Real grip
Strong penalties
Light damage.

Standard GTPlanet online racing rules apply.

Last edited:
Results of initial tests are good.

I put suspension, transmission, and drivetrain in all 3 and put a basic suspension tune on them. Added power to the MX-5 to get it up to 450PP. No aero mods.

Ran with all aids off except ABS 1.

All 3 put down very similar lap times, but each has it's own personality. I made minor adjustments to the tunes but none of them is fully dialed in at this point.

The BMW had a bit of a push, easily tweaked out by stiffening the rear swaybar. The power band is broad and it doesnt feel like its going as fast as it is. No muss, no fuss.

The Mazda is neutral and quick. Responsive, yet always planted.

The Honda is more edgy with a slight tendency to power oversteer. Aggressive.

Last edited:
Tentatively I will schedule the first event for Friday 2-25 at 6PM PST (GMT-8).

I realize this is not going to work for most europeans but I have alot going on for the next 2 weekends and my time slots are limited.

This will be a casual series with no points or standings for the time being. If enough people join and want to do a points series that may change.

6PM PST seems to be 3 in the morning here in Denmark, so unfortunately I have to pass on this one. :)

Yeah I knew it would be wrong for EU players. This is just for this first event. If it continues I'll adjust the day and time as best I can.

OK PP value is changed but I have to wait till Bob gets done with his enduro so I can check the new value.

Edit: 435PP

Last edited:
I'll be home tonight at that time. Don't know if I'll have the time to go online, but if I do this is where I'll be.

Count me in

I have a '07 Roadster that I used for the Seasonal Events a couple months ago. I may have lighted it, no longer having it under the PP threshold. If that's the case...I would use the S2000 '06.

Race at 8:00 CST?

Could you set up the room in your personal lounge (or any player involved)
If each person is friends with you, we could all have access to the race without having to be online looking for a particular room

Count me in

I have a '07 Roadster that I used for the Seasonal Events a couple months ago. I may have lighted it, no longer having it under the PP threshold. If that's the case...I would use the S2000 '06.

Race at 8:00 CST?

If you lightened it you can add weight back with balast.

Race at 8 CST. Room open at 7.

Could you set up the room in your personal lounge (or any player involved)
If each person is friends with you, we could all have access to the race without having to be online looking for a particular room

I'll set it up online and post the room number here. No looking involved.

Will driving aids be On/Off?
Real grip or low?
Penalties weak or heavy?
Boost on/off?

Will driving aids be On/Off?
Real grip or low?
Penalties weak or heavy?
Boost on/off?

I'm so used to racing without aids that I plum forgot to specify.

Boost Off
Real grip
Penalties Strong
All aids off except ABS

If you lightened it you can add weight back with balast.

Race at 8 CST. Room open at 7.

I'll set it up online and post the room number here. No looking involved.

I'm so used to racing without aids that I plum forgot to specify.

Boost Off
Real grip
Penalties Strong
All aids off except ABS

Individually, can we choose to turn ABS off?

In my one race I ran 1:45.7 four times..I think thats the top I can go. The S2000s are easily 2 seconds faster. Apparently I brought the wrong car!

Yeah, earlier in the day I ran 1:44:6 with the mx5 and hopped in a s2k just to see the difference. I hit 1:43:6 by the 5th lap.

Sucks I missed the real race but had a good sprint with HaylRayzor.

In my one race I ran 1:45.7 four times..I think thats the top I can go. The S2000s are easily 2 seconds faster. Apparently I brought the wrong car!

I just ran a 1:42.852 in the Mazda. That's actually a tenth faster than my best S2000 lap in practice mode.

Sucks I missed the real race but had a good sprint with HaylRayzor.

Yep a good sprint. The last lap we were side-by-side more than once.

Hayl what's your tune for the mx5 that you were putting down 142s with? Want to give it a ashot and see if it was just my tune or if I really just can't drive lol.

Hayl what's your tune for the mx5 that you were putting down 142s with? Want to give it a ashot and see if it was just my tune or if I really just can't drive lol.

I'll give it to you tomorrow. Bob is running an enduro now.

My Roadster tune. It's pretty basic.

Weight 1100
HP 228

Customizable tranny. Gears are default except 6th gear is turned up to 147mph.

All drivetrain upgrades. Differential set to default.

Fully adjustable suspension.

Front......Rear
-10........-10

Back