STANCE with dedication.

6908845448_5286741d90_z.jpg

7055117763_baae288fa4_z.jpg

JOIN OUR GTP GROUP HERE > STANCE Group

7268531950_0bae2b4e7b_z.jpg

(Picture by GT-R)

So What is Stance?

To Those who are not familiar with the True meaning of Stance:
- Adjusting the car's ride height, camber, toe angle, wheel and tire fitment so that the sidewall of the tire sits Wider or Flush with the wheel arch/fender. This gives the vehicle an aggressive sense of presents! Drivers of these machines are driven typically by utter devotion to stance and their lifestyle.
No Pothole, Curb or Speed-bump is ever too high or too deep!
- Stance is a Common Trend and Style impersonated on Drifters and Show Cars alike, originating from the older JDM /
[Japanese Domestic Market.]
Stance can be altered in many ways for different results/styles:
A Tucked look is usually applied to Old Euro / Old US Low Riders where the wheel sits 'tucked' behind the fender/wheel arch. This gives a narrower stance but are typically, extremely low!
- The Wheel fitment plays a huge role in GT5, Set-up and Luck are your friends. Some cars get good wheels/wheel fitment and others just don't! While Customising your car, be wise while still being unique.

igotSTANCE. | Weekly Competition

The Comp Summed-up.
**This Comp differers from any other to create fairness.**
The 'igotSTANCE' Event is broken-down into TWO Sections:
- Edited - Pictures can be edited as much as you like to give your car a Better Stance Appeal.
- Non-Edited - The Canvas size can be changed/Rotated and Colour Correction/Filters are also allowed.
- Prizes - There are Prizes for both Entry Categorise inc, Cars, Paint-Chips, Gear. Prizes will vary each week.
You will find the information you need weekly on the Competition Post below.

Weekly Themes.
- A Weekly Themes may also be Expected in the Future such as HellaFlush, Euro, Missile, JDM, VIP etc... These may include some certain car's and makes so make sure you know what your doing before posting. Whatever the Theme, this will be announced on the Competition Post along with Info and Video's about it.

How to Enter a Competition.
Competitions are hosted on this thread in the post below.

Last edited:
STANCE PHOTOSHOP Competition -
CLOSED //
POLL OPEN.

How the Poll will work:
  • You may not Vote for your own entrys.
  • Vote for ONE 86GT and ONE Civic EK9
I can see who's voted for what, anyone to fail simple instructions will mean their vote wont be counted at end results.

8349997917_a740918a41_b.jpg

How the Poll will work:
  • You may not Vote for your own entrys.
  • Vote for ONE 86GT and ONE Civic EK9
I can see who's voted for what, anyone to fail simple instructions will mean their vote wont be counted at end results.

How the competition works:
This time around, things are a little different;
  • Below are two basic Images of different cars. (Blue 86 & Red EK9)
  • Choose One!
  • Save it, Upload it into your photo editing software. (i.e photoshop)
  • Edit it.
  • Enter it!
It's as simple as that, you may edit the picture in anyway, lower it, add wider wheels etc. for maximum stance appeal!
Backgrounds can be edited also, as long as real life backgrounds aren't added.

When you've finished, simply post it here. Make sure to post it as an ENTRY for the competition.

There will be One winner for both the Toyota and Honda.
No prizes can be given this time I'm afraid.

Rules:
  • Stanced / Lowered.
  • Theme can be anything.
  • Edit ONE of the two cars, not both.
  • One edit per person. (no entry changes)
  • No real life backgrounds.
  • No real life cars.
  • Must be your own work.
  • NO RICE! (Lol)
Anything I've missed may be added later.

Decisions, decisions...
Here's your choice; Choose wisely!

A factory Toyota GT86.

8351383454_53a74a39da_b.jpg

And a stock Honda Civic Type R EK9.

8350317265_49977aac5f_b.jpg

Judge: Blitz.
Pictures will be judged on; Stance, Style, Originality, Realism, Quality of work/attention to detail, and Photo editing skills.

Please, ensure you read and understand all the information for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Also, sorry to the people that can't take part in this competition due to not having the software to do such edits, but I assure you, there will be a non-edited competition for you guys soon!
P.S. Adobe Photoshop CS2 Full can be downloaded for free from Adobe. Here.

Good Luck!

-blitz.

Photoshop Tutorial;
*Click to enlarge pictures if needed!!

What you need to do before anything, is use the Polygonal Lasso Selection Tool, and select the fenders carefully, like this:
Tut1.png

*Make sure lines don't look straight, but curved for better results.

Then, you press CTRL + C then CTRL + V to create it as a layer.

Tut2.png

Add you rim as a layer, under the fender layer, so you don't have to use the eraser tool to make it look all bumpy while trying to make it look flush/hellaflush under the fender. Then do your adjustments to fit the car, fix the brightness and contrast/vibrance for the rims so it matches the picture. Then flatten the image and do your editing after.

2 Layers:
Tut3.png

Flatting into 1 image:

Tut4.png

Tut5.png

Same procedure applies to the front. :)

Last edited:
Two things:

• What makes this official? We don't typically hand that label out.
  • We already have quite a dedicated thread for this.

I'll bite, I put it up before but this is my entry.
AhrweilerStreet.jpg

I believe camber like that is what got this new thread started. The OP of the first stance thread(gotSTANCE?) had camber like those, which to my knowledge after following this thread for a while, is not really what you would call stance.

Those are some sick shots Kleivit. The BMW is un-freaking-believable. I think it was the right move to start a new thread for this. Hopefully this one can remain free of some of the nonsense lol.

I believe camber like that is what got this new thread started. The OP of the first stance thread(gotSTANCE?) had camber like those, which to my knowledge after following this thread for a while, is not really what you would call stance.

While I completely agree with you that excessive camber is usually not good, I think it actually works on that wagon. That may be the only car in GT5 that looks good with -10 degrees haha. It looks very dune-buggy-ish

I think you should have two sections for the comp, or alternate between edited and not edited. Also weekly themes like Euro, VIP, Drift, Boso, Missile would be awesome ;)

Loving all the shots in here so far! The VW's Camber Suits it amazingly well actually :D

I Explained EVERYTHING in the other thread. Seemed like a good idea and since then it has changed, so here we are ;)

I'll be making some edits to it as we go, the community can help with idea's for the Competition and styles etc. We may be onto something here with all the Drift and Missile Ideas though! ;D

I'll be updating the pictures in the OP and all the rest of it ;)

While I completely agree with you that excessive camber is usually not good, I think it actually works on that wagon. That may be the only car in GT5 that looks good with -10 degrees haha. It looks very dune-buggy-ish

Haha thanks, when I was going to school to build racecars I had a suspension instructor with an old Beetle dune buggy that looked a lot like that Schwimmwagen, the dune buggy look is what I was actually going for. 👍

The new thread looks like it's off to a good start.
I'll leave these here for now :D

6910823782_005080a707_z.jpg

6889379443_2131a371cc_z.jpg

I painted the Schwimmwagen Subaru WR Blue Mica many months ago so I figured I would take some updated pictures of it.
LigeGravel_8.jpg

Last edited:
My newest contribution, kinda surprised this hasn't been done more then a few times before;
qmcj9nzuqbhwfhodotp0kop.jpg

Spot the big fail :dunce: noticed it when I was well over halfway through making this..

Ahh, I see what you mean man. :) Now, to see if the Kubelwagen can pull off that same look! :D

Question: I gats to know, how did that Lexus ISF manage that in the OP? :drool:

Last edited:
My newest contribution, kinda surprised this hasn't been done more then a few times before;
qmcj9nzuqbhwfhodotp0kop.jpg

Spot the big fail :dunce: noticed it when I was well over halfway through making this..
Ermm, good idea but the execution is not great... Should've done it on a still car aswell...

EDIT:
stancedmazda6.jpg

Comments?

Last edited:
So this is the 4th one of these now? :/ yes it's set up 'better' but still :/

ALSO could a rule be placed that NO PHOTOSHOPPED images be used? Already people have uploaded photoshopped images and it's annoying when you see a low car and think 'sweet I'll try that on my game' and the car does not have the stance shown in three because the uploader has edited the picture.

So yeah if this is gonna be 'official' don't except photoshopped pictures, leave that for the 'photoshopped thread'

Cheers

Well alot of people use photoshop for fun. It Just makes things more intresting. Most people say if its been Edited but thats the new Rule.
Plus you can tell if its been Photoshoped ;)

I Just saw this! Quality work, very Nice! ;)

Im not sure when i'll next get on Photoshop, maybe sometime in the week.

My 'Merc-Laren' xD [Non-Edited]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Btw, It's ok Kenny, just not for the Competitions :) Btw, Love the Top Honda Civic! Is it Spoiler-less!? :drool:

Last edited:
Well its VERY COOL! :D

Welcome :) I Never see those wheels, (the ones on the Z4) they Suit it Nicely;)

Last edited:
Back