Gtp suzuka race for 10-09-10

For the drivers in the first lobby please pick one of the 4 start time options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
LoomRock, CA
GTP_LeftyWright
----------------------------------------- PS 3 ONLY RACE ----------------------------------------------------

It’s less the 2 weeks until the real Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka on Oct. 10th and I am going to start taking names of interested F1 players to put a race together for Sat. 10-09-10 so when the real race is held on that Sunday we will have the track burned into our heads and watching the race will be something we will be intimately familiar with.

I am going to start to do TTs so that I get familiar with the track so if there are interested F1erz I’d like to get your PSN ids so I can put something together. Anyone who wants to add their two cents to my event I sure could use some suggestions. If someone wants to take it and run with it that would be cool too since I have only been associated w/ how the SHIFT league worked and that is the limit of my experience.

I’m used to racing every week and I’m going through withdrawals and need my fix so if there are some OLR addicts I need someone to chase … lol

2zz0r4p.jpg

-------------------------- Rules For The Race -------------------------------------
There really aren’t any ….lol, this is just a chance to get something organized and see how it works out. Just give a little room to the guy your chasing and try to drive clean, no one wants to get flamed after the race for blasting another forum member, were here to have fun and figure out the game. Everyone here is already a cut above anyone in the public lobbies because you’re a GTP member so please act like it. If you take someone out it would be only fair to give them their place back by pulling over and waiting for them to get going again, Thankzzzzzz

--------------------------------- Specs For The Race ----------------------------------
________________ No Assist except driving line ( unless D'paderz need a little TC ) _____________________
__________________ No tire damage and No fuel management __________________________________
__________________ All cars will be set to Equal ( no team advantage ) ___________________________
__________________ I would prefer manual shift ( unless D'paderz need AT ) _________________________
__________________ I would prefer no damage ( the first race should be fun ) ________________________
___________________________ FLAGS ON IN LIMITED MODE _______________________________

------------------------- ENTRY REGISTRATION (PS3 ONLY) ------------------------

-----------------------****----*** ALERT ***----****----****------------------------

Now that It has been made clear to me about the cars changing so dramatically between the TT times that are using the 2010 setup and the online change of EQUIL the Reg Time will only be for this event a novelty.

---------------------------- RACE IS SET TO 40 % -------------------------------------

---------------------- LINK TO CURRENT GMT TIME ---------------------------

---------------------- RACE LOBBY 1 STARTS AT 20:00 GMT ------------------
---------------------- RACE WILL START AT 20:05 IF GRID IS NOT FILLED DUE TO NO SHOWS --------------------------

------------------------ RACE CHAT ROOM OPENS AT 19:30 GMT --------------------------------------------------

--------------------- ANYONE NOT THERE AS OF 20:00 GMT WILL BE BUMPED BY THE RESERVE LOBBY --------------
2i8bst1.jpg

10pyes4.jpg

With the disclosure of the change in performance of the cars when set to EQUIL the Reg Times will only be for the drivers info and not used to reset the lobbies.

Last edited:
GTP_tyl0r_r I'm in... how does this work, though, do we just set a time trial or are we going to have a real race?

GTP_tyl0r_r I'm in... how does this work, though, do we just set a time trial or are we going to have a real race?

I’m thinking that we would race the Sat. before the real race that is on Sun. maybe after they get done w/ setting their times for the grid on Sat. we could start our event, another time could be at the times we used for the SHIFT league 20:00 GMT. I’m taking suggestions for how we can set up the race. I’m going to start pulling down all my assets as I get the track figured out and there should be enough time to get comfortable with your car in it’s full potential and wean your self off any asset usage. If that’s unpractical for the D'paderz just tell me what your comfortable with, but it think that since it seams to the first organized event, we have a chance to see what works for the D'paderz and Wheel Jockeys in any future league that will take place. :)

PS: I have read about tire punctures and if someone knows how to make that not happen that would work for me.

Last edited:
I wish I could join, but I still don't have it. But do we need to make a thread for each time someone wants to race?

I wish I could join, but I still don't have it. But do we need to make a thread for each time someone wants to race?

When your ready just let me know. I know a lot of people still haven’t got the game yet so that is one reason I set the race date out almost 2 weeks. But if you can’t make it I will keep setting up a race that uses the same track that the big boys use to race on, the day before they do it for real. I’ll keep doing this until there is a real GTP F1 league.

12 is the limit for online.

Thankz lilcat, that sounds like a very manageable amount of drivers.

Tonight I was able to get a pretty good grip on the complete absence of assets except for the DL and it really gives you a connection to the track, it really is a fuller experience and the game takes on a whole new feeling. It really does make the game feel like a simulator. Just for a target I hit 276 on the world ranking w/ a 1:34.6.

Last edited:
Yeah okay, I'll give it a go. What time is it most likely to be?

PSN: Nev-Nev-22

Also could I request the Mercedes GP car.

Yeah okay, I'll give it a go. What time is it most likely to be?

PSN: Nev-Nev-22

Also could I request the Mercedes GP car.

I thought we could have some kind of a get thgether this Sat. for some kind of practice race or a TT party.

Since I don’t really know how the game does the online race thing I’m not sure that everyone has to use a different manufacture. I thought that you could use whatever car / team you wanted to, if someone knows for sure please let us know. Thankzzz

I thought we could have some kind of a get thgether this Sat. for some kind of practice race or a TT party.

Since I don’t really know how the game does the online race thing I’m not sure that everyone has to use a different manufacture. I thought that you could use whatever car / team you wanted to, if someone knows for sure please let us know. Thankzzz

Only one team allowed, so everyone is in different cars. You can pick what car you want, but if someone with a higher rank wants that car, they can steal it from a lower ranked person. Also you can choose to either have the cars set to 2010 capabilities or have them all set to equal so everyone is on level playing field no matter what team they use.

Only one team allowed, so everyone is in different cars. You can pick what car you want, but if someone with a higher rank wants that car, they can steal it from a lower ranked person. Also you can choose to either have the cars set to 2010 capabilities or have them all set to equal so everyone is on level playing field no matter what team they use.

Thankz Boss, so I guss I'll take what ever is left over and everyone can start making call outs for what their team of choice is so I can add them to the registration list

Last edited:
I will let you know if I have to work or not, I just got a job at Best Buy so I dont know if I will be working or not, but hopefully not.

I will let you know if I have to work or not, I just got a job at Best Buy so I dont know if I will be working or not, but hopefully not.

Thankz for the heads up but the reservation is just for the race and not the practices.

Since it is that we are going to run the race in the “Equal Cars“ mode, can someone tell me if I am able to use my saved file that I use for the Suzuka track to do my TTs with to at least make the car handle the way I like.

Last edited:
Since it is that we are going to run the race in the “Equal Cars“ mode, can someone tell me if I am able to use my saved file that I use for the Suzuka track to do my TTs with to at least make the car handle the way I like.

You can load your tune from each track, it doesnt matter if its Career, TT, GP Weekend, or online. Your tunes will still be there.

You can load your tune from each track, it doesnt matter if its Career, TT, GP Weekend, or online. Your tunes will still be there.

Thankzz again Boss, So now that it’s looking like your our environment knowledge base can you suggest a fun setup for our first race like maybe damage off, etc…. Thankzzz

Any idea's on the time it, starts?

I was kind of thinking that since the whole race is theme based around the Suzuka weekend maybe an hour after qualifying ends on Sat. The race is showing 14:00 but I don't know if that is GMT, can someone figure out the time it is in GMT, that would be cool.

Last edited:
Damage off is probably a good idea, but I would let collisions turned on. That way it will still make people try to avoid contact.

Flags on limited would probably be good idea too. Off would be better, but the only problem with that is, it doesnt warn you when someone is off or spun in front of you. Plus it allows for cutting the chicanes with them off. If the flags are on full, then it can become a nightmare with people getting disqualified in the TT. I have seen it done even for spinning out, and going through a chicane while wrecking. It will DQ you for that, and not allow you to race. Same thing happens in the race. With them on limited, its still pretty strict, but a little more lenient and will only issue a warning and not allow that lap time, or it will issue a 5 place grid penalty but not DQ and kick you out of that race. During the race, it gives a 5 or 10 second penalty depending on how bad the infraction was.

Very FUN game online, there is a ton of different things you can set up.

Back