GTP Users' 1/4mi times list (56k warning)

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingcars
  • 37 comments
  • 2,489 views
Messages
1,053
Messages
kingcars
GTP Users 1/4mi times list:

1. Fred - '93 Civic CX - 10.32s @ 132mph *UNC
2. kingcars - '88 Ford Thunderbird 5.0L - 14.66s @ 94.87mph
3. M5Power - '96 Volvo 850 Turbo Sedan - 15.950s @ 88.82mph
4. Roo - '92 Rover Mini Italian Job - 20.49s @ 61.92mph

If you only have an 1/8th mile time to go on, use this conversion calculator:

http://www.wallaceracing.com/8th-quarter.php

Please provide sufficient information for your car to be placed on the list (Year, manufacterer, model, and anything else you want) . Unconfirmed runs posted without proof/timeslips will have "*UNC" next to them.



Decided to take my Tbird to the nearest 1/4mi dragstrip where a local forum was holding a big event. Since you probably dont know my car, I have a post about it here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2869894&postcount=1889

I also have some new pics of it:

pic3small.jpg


pic1small.jpg


pic6small.jpg


pic5small.jpg


pic9small.jpg


pic8small.jpg


It was a 2 hour drive, so I gave the Tbird a rest before goin for a few passes. My first pass was a 14.786@93.97mph. My second pass was a 14.756@94.85mph. My third (and last) pass was my best one:

QuarterMileTime.jpg


Please excuse my terrible reaction time :yuck: . Anyways, considering it's a stock 5.0HO and my Tbird weighs a little more than a 5.0 Mustang (which dont run much better than 14.5s), I'd say she's runnin really well. I wish there was a closer 1/4mi track! It was a blast. Although I'm positive she'll run 14.40s in cool weather.

Anyways, if anyone would like to comment on my times or post their own (please provide proof), feel free to do so!
 
From Santa Pod in August last year; a standard 1275cc Mini (45hp) with a rust hole in the exhaust. The first picture was my worst run:

DSC_01411.jpg


A few other piccies of one of my other runs (I did 6 that day):

DSC_0105.jpg


DSC_0131-1.jpg


DSC_0132-1.jpg


DSC_01331.jpg


Fastest time:

FastestPodtime.png


20.4918 seconds @ 61.92mph

I never thought driving in a straight line could be so much fun. I'll be going back again in August, might give it another whirl.

Edit: kingcars: have you thought about making a table at the top of your first post as a reference to see who's the fastest GTPer? Something like:

1. kingcars - Ford Thunderbird - 14.66s @ 94.87mph
2. Roo - '92 Rover Mini Italian Job - 20.49s @ 61.92mph

etc.
 
Drag racing is fun, no matter how fast or slow your car is. There's a local 1/8th mile track that I regularly visit, but 1/4mi is so much more fun. Looks like there were some awesome Minis there too. I definitely prefer the old Minis over the new.

On another note, that Mini you raced against ran an identical time as my car. That's one haulin Mini. Are you modding yours at all, or keeping it mostly stock?

Yeah I'd do somethin like that list. It'd be fun to see how everyone stacks up.
 
My '96 Volvo 850 Turbo sedan's best run was a 15.950 @ 88.89mph. My reaction time on that run was 0.000, and I won the award for R/T of the day. It was closing night of test and tune - in October - and the cold weather was probably responsible for that run. I'll never forget that run because I was up against a 1997 Camaro 30th Anniversary, with the LT1 V8. I expected him to absolutely destroy me off the line, but he got a bad R/T and by some miracle I was ahead of him in the eighth mile. I kept looking in my mirror thinking he had broken down at the start line, but indeed I was ahead of him. He ended up with a 15.1, but it was much closer than the times indicate because those times don't factor in R/T. I never went back to the strip with the Volvo. These days, every time I see a 30th Anniversary Camaro, I smile. :)

My A4 pulls high 17s in Colorado, but the track's at 5,400 feet above sea level, so it's at a huge disadvantage (because it's naturally aspirated). I wanted to run it in Atlanta (only 1000 feet above sea level) but the one day I made it to the strip it rained, and since the strip is an hour and a half away I never made it back. Since the quoted 0-60 back in '01 was 7.5 I'd guess it'd be running around 16.5, but six years (and 75,000 miles) later I'm expecting low 17s. One day I'll find out, I guess.

BTW, I found the slip in my Photobucket... it got thrown away in 2006 and I had no idea I still had a photo of it! Most of the numbers match, I think... :D

aap-timeslip1.jpg


agz-850.jpg
 
Thats a solid run, man. I know whatcha mean about that race with the Camaro. I remember one race I had at the local 1/8th mile track where I was lined up against a heavily modded 5.0 Mustang. It definitely had a big cam in it, and he did a big burnout before staging, so I figured I was up on the chopping block for slaughter. I quietly drove around the water box and lined up as normal...we left at the light, and to my surprise, I was still at his door at the end of the track; he only beat me by a few tenths! I've also come close to beating LT1 Camaros that were just sleeping at the light. Anyways, I'll add your run to the list :) .
 
Thats a solid run, man. I know whatcha mean about that race with the Camaro. I remember one race I had at the local 1/8th mile track where I was lined up against a heavily modded 5.0 Mustang. It definitely had a big cam in it, and he did a big burnout before staging, so I figured I was up on the chopping block for slaughter. I quietly drove around the water box and lined up as normal...we left at the light, and to my surprise, I was still at his door at the end of the track; he only beat me by a few tenths! I've also come close to beating LT1 Camaros that were just sleeping at the light. Anyways, I'll add your run to the list :) .

Whoops, 88.82. I've been telling this story for two and a half years as 88.89!

Yeah, every so often you'll catch people off guard at the lights and a good R/T will propel you ahead of them... problem is because the timer doesn't start until you take off, R/T is no big deal at a test and tune... it's not like a real drag race... and thus you have to wonder if they were just waiting to hit optimal revs, or if they really were trying as hard as they could. I often wonder if they guy in the Camaro 30th got such a horrible R/T because he was just waiting for the right place to dump the clutch. Who knows. Even if that was true he still had a pretty poor run.
 
Thats a solid run, man. I know whatcha mean about that race with the Camaro. I remember one race I had at the local 1/8th mile track where I was lined up against a heavily modded 5.0 Mustang. It definitely had a big cam in it, and he did a big burnout before staging, so I figured I was up on the chopping block for slaughter. I quietly drove around the water box and lined up as normal...we left at the light, and to my surprise, I was still at his door at the end of the track; he only beat me by a few tenths! I've also come close to beating LT1 Camaros that were just sleeping at the light. Anyways, I'll add your run to the list :) .

I have a love affair with Aero Birds. I LOVE that gen Thunderbird.

And to me this is one of the best Ford's I'ver ever seen...
2618-1987-Ford-Thunderbird.jpg
 
Well hey man, you can get em for cheap in great shape (my car only cost $1500), and they're awesome hot rod platforms. I thoroughly enjoy driving my car all over the place.
 
Unless someone with a bike chimes in, I think I'll have the top spot for a while...

10.92@132mph, 1993 Civic CX, 3 years ago that was. Had more in it, but unfortunately I crashed it and totaled it in the process. Pictures and timeslips were on my old hard drive, which ironically also crashed. I'd have to check with friends to see if anyone still has anything regarding said car.

So... 1993 Civic CX, gutted and caged, weighed 2300lbs without my fat ass in it.

H22A4
Hasport mounts
Kaaz LSD
ACT 4 puck race clutch
Garrett GT3540 hybrid
Custom exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe and full exhaust
JE 9.1 pistons
Golden Eagle sleeves
Eagle Rods
Ported and polished head, 3 angle valvejob
Crower stage 2 cams
Skunk2 cam gears
custom sheetmetal intake manifold
BBK Mustang throttle body
Tial 44mm wastegate, HKS SSQV BOV (useless piece of crap that was)
HKS intercooler, custom piping
Hondata S300 ecu
Koni Yellow shocks w/ H&R race springs
24.5x8x13 MT slicks
6 pt roll cage

580whp@ 28psi...

Managed all but 4 passes in the car before something in the front end collapsed at 110mph and sent me in the wall... broke my wrist and had a minor concussion out of it.

Also noteworthy would be my 1991 CRX Si which went 11.80@116mph, SC61 LS-VTEC, that same engine which was in a 1992 Integra RS that went 12.7x@107 or 108mph, nearly 5 years ago.

Currently I'm semi-working on a 1997 Civic hatch with a 2.0l NA build, shooting for at least 250whp and low 12s once it's done... but I'm not setting myself a date regarding when it'll be done, with the baby and whatnot it's kind of hard to work on a car.
 
Sounds like fun, I really have to get my car to the quarter mile.:dopey: Pics of the time slip will suffice for me though, unless I get someone to take a pic of my run....but who?
 
@Fred: That's one really quick Civic. Sorry to hear about the crash; I always cringe when I see someone smack the wall. I wish I had the budget to do somethin like that (my car has under $3k in it total). I'm workin on a new 5.0 engine that should propel me to low 13s. Anyways, I'll add your run to the list, but I'll put an "unconfirmed" note next to it.
 
Pictures and timeslips were on my old hard drive, which ironically also crashed.

Pictures of the run, or pictures of the car?
 
Unless someone with a bike chimes in, I think I'll have the top spot for a while...

10.92@132mph

I'll see if I can get my brother or Bad Habit to sign up - neither are bikers :D

Bad Habit's best before the new engine was a 9.716 at 138.5mph...
 
1 min 30 seconds on the highschool track yesterday :p
 
1 min 30 seconds on the highschool track yesterday :p

Hahaha nice.

@Famine - That's awesome. What kinda car? At the local event I was at, there was a guy that ran 8.51@161 in his fox body Stang. It was a monster.
 
Bad Habit is a '69 Dodge Challenger which runs in the Pro ET class. Not mine (though I have sat in it :D ) sadly...

Amazingly, she's wholly street legal. Occasionally to be found at the local supermarket.
 
Bad Habit is a '69 Dodge Challenger which runs in the Pro ET class. Not mine (though I have sat in it :D ) sadly...

Amazingly, she's wholly street legal. Occasionally to be found at the local supermarket.

Taking the term "grocery getter" literally, I see :sly:

Awesome car, gotta love muscle cars. The forum is holding another event at that 1/4mi in the fall, so I'm hopin to get my dad's 66 Malibu (383 Stroker) down there. Should run high 12s with some grip (unfortunately, it wont have any grip on those street tires :grumpy:).

Lets keep the list growing, guys! Even for those that have only run 1/8th mile, feel free to use the conversion calculator posted in the top post, but be sure to specify that it's been converted.
 
Aww hell, I guess I'll have to take my car out to the track this year. I never got the chance with the Del Sol.

But in the mean time and even though it doesn't count, I like to show off my cousin's 14.53 @ 93.xx mph in his 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged. Limited slip FTW.
 
Aww hell, I guess I'll have to take my car out to the track this year. I never got the chance with the Del Sol.

But in the mean time and even though it doesn't count, I like to show off my cousin's 14.53 @ 93.xx mph in his 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged. Limited slip FTW.

Definitely do make a trip to your local track, it's a lot of fun! As for your cousin's Cobalt, sounds like it'd be a good matchup for my Tbird :) . I've been wanting to run against one of those. Funny thing, the rarest option on my car is the posi rear...of all things.
 
When I get my car I'll be headin' out to the local strip. I'm hopin for a 13's car
 
In the other thread, you said you were lookin at 94/95 GTs. Stock, they'll run pretty much what my Tbird runs (mid 14s). A few small mods should easily get you into the high 13s though. I'm planning on doing a few myself; maybe before my new engine is built.
 
In the other thread, you said you were lookin at 94/95 GTs. Stock, they'll run pretty much what my Tbird runs (mid 14s). A few small mods should easily get you into the high 13s though. I'm planning on doing a few myself; maybe before my new engine is built.

Right around there, more likely mid to low 14's but still, moot point again. Adding a few mods should be easy though. My only issue is gonna be insurance. Why don't we take this discussion to my "New Car Soon" thread. It's probably on page 2.
 
When I get my car I'll be headin' out to the local strip. I'm hopin for a 13's car

Thatwould be fast enough to beat many many ricers out there.;) But I don't get it, we've seen people in modified R34 GT-Rs running only 14s. How are you guys getting so much faster?
 
Thatwould be fast enough to beat many many ricers out there.;) But I don't get it, we've seen people in modified R34 GT-Rs running only 14s. How are you guys getting so much faster?

Either the GT-R's have major issues with them, or the drivers have weak right feet. There's no way in hell a standard GT-R is gonna be in the 14's, let alone modified.

Assuming it's running right, with a decent driver.
 
Thatwould be fast enough to beat many many ricers out there.;) But I don't get it, we've seen people in modified R34 GT-Rs running only 14s. How are you guys getting so much faster?

Low 15s is enough to beat many ricers....trust me :sly:

And yeah...I doubt R34s run 14s. I'd expect at LEAST mid/low 13s.
 
Thatwould be fast enough to beat many many ricers out there.;) But I don't get it, we've seen people in modified R34 GT-Rs running only 14s. How are you guys getting so much faster?

If an '88 Mustang (205 hp) was running 14's stock, there ain't no way on earth an R34 will be the same.

Heck, R32's ran some 12's!
 
Wierd I guess. Anyway, I just found out today what kind of wages my chosen career path will get. Looks like I'll be driving the Chevy Volt in years to come just to pay for things like food :indiff: So I'll be posting my 1/4 mile time, something like 25sec.
 
I did a quarter mile in 10.588 seconds the other day finishing at 85 mph. Of course I started at 85 mph too.
 
I did a quarter mile in 10.588 seconds the other day finishing at 85 mph. Of course I started at 85 mph too.

:lol: Very funny.:sly:
 
13.5 @ 110 mph in a '94 turbo Miata. I know, the trap speed doesn't match the time. I had a terrible 60'. Like 2.5. Was a couple of years ago, or I would post a pic of the slip. That was at 15 psi. I ran a 13.5 @ 104 on 12 psi, with a 2.0 60' as well.

Might take it to the track again, when the built motor is in. But kinda worried about the tranny holding up. They are known to let go at above 250 whp, and I have already destroyed one.
 
Back