Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
Mega Man 2, nominated by @tankuroded

220px-Megaman2_box.jpg

Released:
December 24, 1988 (JP), June 1989 (US), 1990 (EU)
Platforms: NES
Developer: Capcom
Genre: Platformer, run-n-gun

Mega Man 2, known in Japan as Rockman 2: Dr. Wily no Nazo (ロックマン2 Dr.ワイリーの謎 Rokkuman 2 Dr. Wairī no Nazo, "Rockman 2: The Mystery of Dr. Wily"), is an action-platform game developed and published by Capcom for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is the second installment in the original Mega Man series. The game was released in Japan 1988 and in North America and PAL regions the following years. Mega Man 2 continues the titular protagonist's battle against the evil Dr. Wily and his rogue robots. The game features graphical and gameplay changes from the first Mega Man game, many of which have remained throughout the series.

Although sales for [the original] Mega Man were unimpressive, Capcom allowed the Rockman team to create a sequel. They worked concurrently on other Capcom projects, using their free time to develop the game. Unused content from the previous title was integrated into Mega Man 2. Takashi Tateishi composed the soundtrack, with Yoshihiro Sakaguchi serving as a sound programmer.

My fav mega man game!

Jerome

Many people have the fondest of memories with MegaMan 2. I am a MegaMan fan myself personally, and this is very classic gameplay. I would probably say MegaMan 2 has the most memorable music of all the original MegaMan titles. Even a bunch of MM2 songs have had some fine metal covers composed by certain fans. I loved MegaMan 5 the most of the original MegaMan games, but MegaMan 2 is surely memorable. MegaMan 2 is not my favorite one of all time, but I do give it a lot of credit. I will give it a very solid "B."

Back