GTP Vs. Covid

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 63 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
You’ve played the audio version with George and Mariah, now try your hand at avoiding an actual plague!

Firstly, don’t bother with conspiracies and all that tripe. Any tin foil hat comments are most likely against AUP.

How to play? Avoid contracting Corona virus aka Covid 19…forever. This is not an annual event! Simple as that.

I’m aware that some might be sensitive to this subject and some of us have lost friends and family members in the pandemic. However, there’s no reason we can’t make a challenge out of it, right?

Rules:
  • if you contract Covid 19 you’re out.
  • if you think you’ve got Covid, take a test, then get back to us with your results.
  • if you’ve already had the virus, sorry bud, this challenge ain’t for you.
  • spreading disinformation is a no-no. If you want to rant about Covid, do it in the appropriate thread in the O&CE section. Personal anecdotes are more than welcome.
  • if you want to take up the challenge leave a comment and I’ll populate a name list below.
Covid free:
  • Keef
  • Scaff
  • Dennisch
  • c172fccc
  • McLaren
  • Shem
  • R1600Turbo
  • p78
  • Jimlaad43
  • Hollow
  • Blitz24
  • Spacegoat
  • BloodRaven
  • NLxAROSA
  • MasterGT

Last edited:
I'm still in the running! Seems like I'm the only one I know who still has a chance lol. Damn it's good to have first dibs on vaccines.

I'm in the running as well, thought I had it over Christmas, but numerous Lateral Flow and PCR tests all came back negative, so it was just a really crappy cold.

However my wife is away with work this week and one of the cohort she is with has just tested positive, so I may be out of the running by this time next week.

I avoided everyone so much, partially helped by lockdown after lockdown, that I didn't even have to get myself tested yet.

And by posting this I will jinx myself of course.

Last edited:
This week I’ve been conducting my lessons online as one of my students tested positive last Friday. He came to me and told me he was feeling hot, I took him to the nurse and then his parents picked him up.
Later that day he got his hospital results back confirming Covid. Now the whole class is in quarantine. Back on site tomorrow though.

A close call indeed.

Last edited:
I'm in. Working remotely and living alone is my appartement is probably why I've yet to contract it, but I did get a few close calls.

I made it until January this year.

I thought not washing my hands for the past five years would have built me up enough immunity, but apparently not. Oh, and I ate Flintstones Gummy Vitamins off the floor as a kid.

In all seriousness, I thought for sure I wouldn't get it considering I never worked from home early on though. I felt like total crap for three days. The rest on my symptomatic days weren't utterly terrible, but I certainly did not feel good at all.

Hope to see more on the list.

Here's to staying healthy! :cheers:

Last edited:
Two Pfizer vaccines and a Pfizer booster have kept me COVID free so far. Let's see if I can keep that streak going.

I have no idea if I have caught Covid but I have never tested positive for it. I'm unsure if I am in or out.

Still safe. Having a remote job and maintaining distance certainly helps. Same for the family. Dunno how long the shields will hold though.

I have no idea if I have caught Covid but I have never tested positive for it. I'm unsure if I am in or out.
I think it counts. As someone who has pollen allergies everyday is the question: oh is this COVID, or is it just allergies. So far, no positive tests, so I'll assume I never had it. But can't be 100% sure, might have been asymptomatic at some point.

No idea how I’m still in. A kid in my daughter’s class tested positive so the class was closed…after we’d got to school. Long drive back through rush hour traffic.

Now every little runny nose or sneeze is getting people sent home lol. I should employ my smoker’s cough more often to get some work from home time.

Don’t know how I’m still in the running now with a handful of my students testing positive. I’m amazed it hasn’t got me.

Don’t know how I’m still in the running now with a handful of my students testing positive. I’m amazed it hasn’t got me.
You sir activated your force-field unknowingly.

Still recovering from a tremendous sinus infection the past week but zero Covid diagnoses here.

You can't stop me.

2 more of my students have tested positive. My assistant and I are complete amazed that we haven’t got it.

Those that did get it are actually not too ill at all. Kids seem quite resilient.

I’m off for 3 weeks now so I really hope I don’t get it today because then I’ll have to spend a chunk of my holiday in quarantine.

My assistant just tested positive this minute. We have been in the same room all day and shared the same desk at times. I’ll be testing soon and will hope that I’m clear or I’m out of the game. 🫠

I'm out as of about two weeks ago. Work friend's leaving do, he was my best mate at the place and had been there 10 years so I couldn't not go, it was also the very first time I've been to a pub since 2019 and we all figured that as we all work together and haven't had any incidents we'd be fine in a private room for a few hours - wrong.

Over half the people who went got COVID, I gave it to my OH and our son, even had to take him to A&E for it, but somehow even though I spent the weekend with my family immediately after the night I contracted it, including 3 hours in a car with my dad, none of them got it...

Last edited:
We had our scary moments here this week. The missus came downstairs a couple of days ago with a head full of goo and the puffiest eyes a human can develop. Up the nose the stick went, 2 times and no Covid but a good old case of severe acute hay fever.

Latest Posts

Back