GTP Vs. Covid

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 63 comments
39DC16E1-847D-4538-B85E-D4477FB17388.jpeg

Thank goodness I’m on holiday for a few weeks. That’s now almost half my class in the space of a few days that have tested positive.

My collegue who sits 2m from me, has attracted covid on thursday. Now it's monday and i don't have symptoms, so i guess i'm still safe.

p78
My collegue who sits 2m from me, has attracted covid on thursday. Now it's monday and i don't have symptoms, so i guess i'm still safe.
You'd be surprised. Get tested.

You'd be surprised. Get tested.
I just signed up for a PCR test today since my ear infection symptoms keep nagging even after all these roids and antibiotics. I haven't had an ear infection in years, this is miserable.

Got my results back. Negative roni. Too bad I'm not this lucky with the rest of life lol.

And I've tested positive, faintest line on my lateral flow test, and don't feel too bad, just like a cold. Triple jabbed which I'm 100% sure is helping.

My wife tested positive a few days before me and has had it worse.

Had it this week, the nipper had it the week before. I'm over the worst of it now, but have lost my sense of smell...

I am in the running for the long haul, since I've self-isolated since the end of 1994. No COVID in my immediate family, either.

Haven't had it yet, and I was only isolating a little in the cold seasons. Though I had an unusually bad cold last year just before Christmas, I had high fever, severely runny nose and very bad joint ache for 14 days, and it took another week for all symptoms to go away. Usually when I have a cold it only takes 3-4 days for it to go away.
I did two tests and both turned out negative though, and I was so sure I was having the delta variant. . shrugs

Last edited:
I’ll be back in the UK this time next week where it’ll be much harder to avoid. Hopefully I can stay away from busy places which means no pubs for me. :(

I forgot to update my test recently.

No Covid.

Much worse actually, I've had nagging ear infection symptoms for over a month now which are very concerning considering my flying career. Fortunately I'm not actually working at the moment, just chilling at home waiting for a schedule, so I need the doctors to nail this down and clear me out.

Sorry to all those who have suffered but to me Covid has largely been nothing but a nuisance - and in some ways a godsend - for over two years now. I count myself lucky.

Miraculously I’m still in the running despite my wife having had covid last week. After the positive result I moved my daughter and myself into the guest room. Wife is clear now but how we stayed negative is beyond me.

How's every body doing in this thread.
I'm still safe, despite people around me getting it (mostly co-workers), i've been tested a couple times now.

My sister caught it the week before I was to fly to America, I managed to keep away and not catch it. Still going strong.

This entire pandemic and I'm still yet to get infected myself.

My Dad and my girlfriend have both had it (the two people I interact with most on a daily basis), and yet I've somehow dodged it both times!

....but of course now that I've said that here I'll probably get it soon, watch!

but of course now that I've said that here I'll probably get it soon, watch!
You might be immune.

My thoughts on staying clear are either that I’m immune (unlikely), or my lungs are so smoke damaged that covid can’t get a foothold.

I still haven't gotten it, but I feel like I'm on borrowed time. I'm expecting to get it any day at this point.

Still haven't got it either somehow. Last week, I had someone coughing and sneezing in my car during a 15 minutes ride. Turns out this person had covid (found out the next day). I wasn't protected in any way and somehow I managed to not get it.

Three of four of us caught COVID last month, but my son, who was most-recently vaccinated the month before, was okay (he kept testing negative). I felt better in 2-3 days, so caught up on lots of sleep and drank lots of water.

I still went for a walk everyday, rarely coughed for long, had a few scattered fevers, but nothing too bad. The sinus infection I had a few months earlier kicked my ass much harder. Score another one for science.

We were all pretty much all better 5-6 days later. Thankfully only lost my sense of taste for about one day, when everything tasted salty (except for ice cream).

It sounds weird, but it's sort of a relief that I'd caught it and yet over it quickly, especially after dodging it for this long with the amount of travel I've completed throughout this pandemic.

Last edited:
It sounds weird, but it's sort of a relief that I'd caught it and yet over it quickly, especially after dodging it for this long with the amount of travel I've completed throughout this pandemic.
I felt the same when people around me were getting it. Although I remained testing negative it was such a relief to see them back to relative normal after a short rest period and some recovery time.

I know it’s been lethal, I’ve lost relatives to Covid as it compounded underlining issues in those cases. It’s such a positive to see in reality that it’s no more deadly than regular influenza. Hopefully this will all be past us by next year and getting covid will be no different from getting a flu.

I felt the same when people around me were getting it. Although I remained testing negative it was such a relief to see them back to relative normal after a short rest period and some recovery time.

I know it’s been lethal, I’ve lost relatives to Covid as it compounded underlining issues in those cases. It’s such a positive to see in reality that it’s no more deadly than regular influenza. Hopefully this will all be past us by next year and getting covid will be no different from getting a flu.

It was a relief in a way because part of me felt indestructible by not getting it for so long, but also anxious by wondering when or if would knock me out. Especially by traveling roughly 50,000-80,000 miles at about about 35-40 different places per year.

Last edited:
It was a relief in a way because part of me felt indestructible by not getting it for so long, but also anxious by wondering when or if would knock me out.
I’m experienced the exact same anxiety, although I’ve kept it in the back of my mind. I wonder if I’m just lucky so far, protected because of the vaccine, immune because my lungs are too black for covid to inhabit or if I’m actually going to get it and get laid out really hard by it.

My entire family of 4 is still covid free. Somehow. We have had multiple confirmed close contacts, but none of the few dozen rapid tests have come back positive yet.

I'll take half a point. I had SARS 1 in 2004, which I believe has helped me avoid getting covid despite working with it daily since it came to my area. I got the Moderna shot for the first two jabs, my booster was a Pfizer jab.
My family had Covid. Many of my clients and co workers had it. I never have and I don't go out of my way to keep from getting it.
If I get sick, I stay home anyway.

I'll take half a point. I had SARS 1 in 2004, which I believe has helped me avoid getting covid despite working with it daily since it came to my area. I got the Moderna shot for the first two jabs, my booster was a Pfizer jab.
My family had Covid. Many of my clients and co workers had it. I never have and I don't go out of my way to keep from getting it.
If I get sick, I stay home anyway.
If you haven’t have the Covid19 variant you’re in the clear!

Sure I got it some months back it was almost a week of very weird stuff. Like as if I caught more than just food poisoning. Felt a bit like death. But not too many out of ordinary flu physical symptoms, just that it felt like death.
Had the test kit, didn't bother with it. Recovered fully. I'll just say it was covid but it could have been new flu. Though it never gets me like it did then

Last edited:
I woke up this morning (now 4am) with a sore throat and I’m hoping it’s not covid as my half term holiday starts today.
Time to dust off the test kits.

Back