GTP "Weekly" Drawing Competition No 6: 1941 Willys!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 90 comments
vipFREAK is absolutely right. dont crumple your paper. believe me, I have made many good cars out of "mistakes" trying to draw another car. they aint mistakes, they are just ther base for another creation.

Cano

True...

Nick
banana.gif
band.gif

well... that is, if you draw with pencils :grumpy: as I tend to grab a ball pen and skethc, sometimes many sketches cant be saved... but sometimes theycome out really cool, like last weeks Citroen (:

Actually the ideal way to sketch or draw is to draw whatever you want on one paper and when your done take velom paper or use a light box and draw on top of that to improve the drawing (note: not tracing) I take parts I like and transfer them on a new sheet and then continue drawing after that. When you look at all of them each are different.

Nick
banana.gif
band.gif

that is full work there, but the results speak by temselves. I never do that kinda stuff, tough, I like to "feel" the drawing more. let ti flow as it is, and if there are any mistakes, make them part of the drawing (if they can)

Can0

Well I think it's more a sign of how much farther than you are because I still see mistakes I can't get around instead of just covering them up. It is kind of a pain to do it the way I described but I don't do it that often. It's just like more when I have my final overall shape but I mess up lines or something? Anyway, like i said idealy for quick progression you use velom or a light box. Hmm... come to think of it maybe I'm mixing that up with my school stuff... I have to draw a lot of concepts.

Nick
banana.gif
band.gif

I guess if you feel it's better to start over do so but just put the one you just did aside or save it don't throw anything away. If fact I think I'll implement some rules just because between me and cano I feel like a teacher at the moment, not a qualified teacher I should say :D

Ok here they are...

1. You cannot throw anything away
2. Use pen or if you must use pencil but do not erase
3. Do not use templates unless it's for little details or clean up at the end of your drawing.
4. Do a minimum of shading or monotone(one color)

I think that's it for now, thanks guys class over. :D

Nick
banana.gif
band.gif

A SILVIA! gosh that's hard too, i can do a 2004 Subaru Legacy. That i've alreadydone and did good at, but i haven't drawn in quite awhile and im not sure if i can still do it.

a lil heads up mine won't be as detailed as the past because that was literally copyin no comes a tru mans game. And those rules sound good other then the fact my bro snapped my french curve :banghead:

Originally posted by VipFREAK
Hey, Tenzospy I used to crumple up my paper and get frustrated but try not to do that... I'm not exactly why, but try not to think that just because you have a nice clean piece of white paper in front of you and you "screw it up" by drawing on it that it is means to crumple it up and toss it. Your going to go through tons of paper with this stuff or anything you draw, it's called practice (no damn it I want it now without practice :: pulls hair out :: :banghead: ) ::cough:: umm... yeah it's called practice.

BTW: 69charger color it or at least make it monotone(one color)

Nick
banana.gif
band.gif

wow thanks for the tips guys its helping! :cheers:

indeed. its almost one week and nobody has submitted a thing. including me :irked: but meh, I'll do something in the week.

Cano

Originally posted by VipFREAK
Still practicing a bit... as well as getting rapped up in that NFS: U game :rolleyes:

Nick:cheers:

you and your car, right? no matter what you do in that game, your car ends up absolutely raped.

Cano

Rap as in rap presents... but, yeah besides having to rice it up I get still get raped by the stupid on coming traffic or another competitor... I have to say though for a NFS game and an arcade game I think this might be the best one that keeps my interest even though it's so cheezy... btw, I just saw SWAT and I think that movie is a police version of F&F. :lol:

Nick:cheers:

a gasser! nice. the nose-high stance gives it that state. the blower scoop, mind you, should be far closer to the nose. the hood aint that long! also, I suggest you to put some fenderwell headers in yer car. THAT makes a gasser. (:

nice man.

Cano

sorry about the hood, from the picture I was going off of the hood wasnt there, so I was trying to go by memory from the last time I saw the car. Also, I was using a picture were the headers are behind the wheel well and you cant see them. Ill fix it though.

aaah... I sketched a little one today, in a 5x12 cm piece of paper, in black ballpen-. I'll post it later (when I go trough it with some color) so if I dont have time to do something this week, that will be my final. I'll be very busy this week =/

Cano

Back