GTP weekly Drawing Competition, week 3: DeTomaso Pantera! :drool:

• Thread starter Cano
  • 95 comments

Cano

Premium
Mexico
Cephiro
well, yeah. I was reading an article today about this beast and decided that it would be the next car to draw in the weekly drawing comp. for me, one of the most beautiful cars in history, and one of the most brutal too. I've been in one (mustang club mexico membe has one :drool: ) and its AWESOME. that is, until you get your hearing back :D
well, for reference pics, I will initially give these links, filled with Pantera pics:
http://www.detomaso.nu/meetings/Semur-02/Charlie_1/a.html
http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/pantera.htm
then again, some rear views and some other models wont harm.
click on the pic of the GT5 for a link to a bucketload of Pantera pics:

a quick rear view:
PICT0025.jpg

that oughta do. you know the stuff, just draw!! this contest will end by next saturday at midnite. Enjoy drawing this beautiful beast, and I hope there will be more people on this :D

Cano

Certainly. I love this thing.

Sorry Cano, I'm going to have to bow out (even though I didn't win the last one, congrats. Cano), work calls, and although it's been good fun I've got some more 'serious', bill paying, projects on my hands. Seems though there's a few more contenders this time round so let's hope they give you a good stuffing Cano!:lol: Anyways, it's been fun, good luck guys!

chaser_fan :cheers:

dang, chaser and dark skyline, that is a real shame. chaser overall, as he gave good competition in the previous two weeks. dang to see you go, man. I hope that in the future you come back :D

Cano

at the same time, glad that there is more people willing to do this. lezzee what you come up with people!

Trivia: Elvis Presley shot his Pantera after it refused to start.

Anyway, I'm planning on a dragster. Hopefully I'll get at least one vote this time.

Oh. Cano, the pics aren't working for me. None of them are.

Weird, I can see the pics now. Anyway, I'll get to work soon.

yeah, havent had any time neither, and I dont even know what to do with the car yet, but hay, the comp will be up till all of the entrants need it to be, dont worry. it is time-flexible :D

Cano

well, no entries as of today, wich maybe means that this comp will be on for another week. I can assume that any of us havent had any time to do this, so, hey, as I said, its time flexible, but GET TO WORK, DIRTY ROTTEN LAZZY ASSES!! :D

Cano

yeah, that one was for me too... XD

that's the attitude soldier :P
no, really, I tought this one would be a cool, interesting car to draw, but it turned out to be just the contrary, as it would seem. well, maybe if I do nothing more than japanese cars this one will grow popularity... heh. well, Im right now trying to render mine. maybe I'll post it tomorrow. keep on goin, please, I dont want this one to die! its a good excercise.

Cano

never!

aah, that is way sweet, both of you. Id love to see one in here :D
I worked a little on mine yesterday, but I aint finished yet, so just hold on

Cano

damn...nice car...i'd draw it but it'd take me 2 days to get a decent printout to look off of since i'd hafta have my parents print it for me @ their shop

it doesnt matter man!! if you can go and draw it, do it!! this comp is time felxible, so dont worry :D
well, at last, here is mine!!!
its not as wicked as the pacer, but alas, I doubt I will draw something as sick as that in a good time. this one has a certain style that I love to draw but dont use that much, because there are certain cars that dont do well like this. as for the car, well, my dream pantera would have a FE Engineering aluminum 429 shotgun HEMI block, outfitted with Hilborn injection converted to EFI. 500 horses. Magnesium rims over billet rings with knock offs, and a complete underbody carbon fiber protection that ends at those air disipators in the rear, as well as a heavily but subtly massaged body. 6 speed trans, and independent, multilink aluminum suspension with 8 piston calipers ans 13 inch brembos all aorund. power, rack and pinion steering, posi, and... well, you know, the works.
241003-pantera.jpg

there.now, show me yours (:

Cano

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Where do the wheels fit? They look like they would go through the roof.

Looks good, haha. Nizza shading job 👍

hahaha, precisely, that is exactly what I like more about that kinda drawings. thanks Klos, and you too, charger.

Cano

Back