GTP WRS-Online : Event 101 : Harmonious Balance - Aug 14

No sign of Celinis yet. No one else wanna come join in for the race? Quali in 10 minutes, need 1 more driver!

Oh guys - that was a good race :)
I was so 🤬 confused. Before the pits, GT5 showed me that I'm +40secs in front. So far, so good. I stopped one lap later, exit the pits and - surprise - Paul appeared (he was shown on last position before i went to pits). He passed me, and I'm right behind him. On the List, Paul was still shown on last position (which didn't changed til the end of the race) and even i was already behind him, the system showed me, that i am in front with a gap of 24secs to 2nd position. So i decided not to push too hard, cause i was thinkin maybe he pits again or whatever :)
Few laps later i lost my NSX on the last chicane. I think of some slip-stream issues which were new too me. It's long time ago that i raced online. The same problem appeared also in the chicanes in S1. Nearly lost my car there too couple of times when i was behind someone.
After it i just wanted to bring the 2nd place home safely. And - suddenly - Paul appeared again. He must have made a mistake. 2 laps to go and i just thought - damn - i need to push push push :dopey:
Anyway. When i reached the last lap, GT5 told me that i start the final lap in 1st position even it was not true for sure. Oh man - i was so confused. Was not good for my concentration ;)
But no matter. It was a good race. It felt great again to be on track. Guys, i had so much adrenaline the first laps. Already forgot how it feels :)
I am still excited by the way...

It was really cool guys - thanks!

Here are the official results:

event101EUresults_zps713d2e18.png

Congratz to oink on his first WRS-Online Victory! 👍

One final note: The quali times for Lefty and mj need to be updated... their starting positions are correct, but the exact times were not saved... if you remember the data just post here and we'll update the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Paul!

We probably will get 6 tonight, but I see no stewards confirmed for tonight. It'll be great if someone can confirm their availability, won't leave the rest of us in limbo.

I will be stewarding the race tonight, that is 99% confirmed. I'm just not sure if I'll be driving. Congrats Paul! :cheers:

EDIT: Just updated my status to confirmed.

EDIT2: And congrats MacGyver on your podium in your first race with us, and congrats Daniel on your pole position and podium finish. 👍

Thanks Lefty for saving the race!

Last edited:
I will be there tonight. It is my birthday, and wife wanted to know where I wanted to go out and eat. I told her that I would be happy to make some of my delicious crab cakes and have cake after that. She says we should go out and celebrate. I then let her know, I wanted to be home so I could get a little practice in before my race. She rolls her eyes, but what can she say, it is my birthday after all.

Nice, Patrick. :dopey:
Happy B-day. :cheers:

I should mention that I most likely will not be on early enough to setup the lounge 1hr before the race. So whoever gets in first, please setup the regs and specs according to the 3rd post in this thread, and I'll see you when I get in.

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 35 (+ 1 Formation Lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: 180sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Disable Collisions: Off
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restrictions: Unrestricted (see above for specific car specs)
  • Performance Points: 508 PP
  • Drivetrain: MR
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard (R1)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

gokartman78/GTP_Kosmic, your FR's have been accepted. 👍

Last edited:
Oh guys - that was a good race :)
I was so 🤬 confused. Before the pits, GT5 showed me that I'm +40secs in front. So far, so good. I stopped one lap later, exit the pits and - surprise - Paul appeared (he was shown on last position before i went to pits). He passed me, and I'm right behind him. On the List, Paul was still shown on last position (which didn't changed til the end of the race) and even i was already behind him, the system showed me, that i am in front with a gap of 24secs to 2nd position. So i decided not to push too hard, cause i was thinkin maybe he pits again or whatever :)
Few laps later i lost my NSX on the last chicane. I think of some slip-stream issues which were new too me. It's long time ago that i raced online. The same problem appeared also in the chicanes in S1. Nearly lost my car there too couple of times when i was behind someone.
After it i just wanted to bring the 2nd place home safely. And - suddenly - Paul appeared again. He must have made a mistake. 2 laps to go and i just thought - damn - i need to push push push :dopey:
Anyway. When i reached the last lap, GT5 told me that i start the final lap in 1st position even it was not true for sure. Oh man - i was so confused. Was not good for my concentration ;)
But no matter. It was a good race. It felt great again to be on track. Guys, i had so much adrenaline the first laps. Already forgot how it feels :)
I am still excited by the way...

It was really cool guys - thanks!

GT has done that funky thing messing up the order with me/us before (DrWatson and I in the Monaco F1 race was the last time I remember it). Between that and a track full of triangles you can't identify it's not exactly information central. This game has more bugs than a ten year old cob web.

Look forward to seeing you on track in future weeks... for this week and maybe next I'm layin' low and will just "chillax" as my kids like to say. Not to mention the in-laws are here and I spent about 6 hours per day last Friday and Saturday online which didn't go over extremely well. :lol:

I will be there tonight. It is my birthday, and wife wanted to know where I wanted to go out and eat. I told her that I would be happy to make some of my delicious crab cakes and have cake after that. She says we should go out and celebrate. I then let her know, I wanted to be home so I could get a little practice in before my race. She rolls her eyes, but what can she say, it is my birthday after all.

Great story Patrick. 👍 Sounds a lot like some of the conversations I've had with my wife. "You go to the movies honey, don't worry about me, I'm a little tired and need to work on my apex speed." :rolleyes:

Yeh great race and well done on podiums Daniel and Tommi. Now I see what you mean about the bug. I noticed at the end of the race, I was the only 1 to have got my fuel almost bang on, so that probably helped.

As you said Tommi, I was about 10 seconds ahead, then started worrying I was too low on fuel so started driving more fuel efficiently, and in concentrating so hard in doing that, with 2 laps to go, I span it into the grass, and just left with 2 second lead, whilst still worrying like mad about fuel!

Was just very happy to run it home in the red zone, and a couple seconds gap to spare, but great battles early on, and then again a bit later on.

Edit: Im still left wandering how I managed to close that 8 second gap you had on me, just by pitting early! I think maybe you lost a few seconds on too much fuel, but other than that, it's a mystery to me!

Gravitron
I will be stewarding the race tonight, that is 99% confirmed. I'm just not sure if I'll be driving. Congrats Paul! :cheers:

EDIT: Just updated my status to confirmed.

EDIT2: And congrats MacGuyver on your podium in your first race with us, and congrats Daniel on your pole position and podium finish. 👍

Thanks Lefty for saving the race!

Thanks Lucas 👍
The race was quite a mess for me, lost it a few times :dunce:
Not an easy combo. I think the setup here makes a huge difference.
Used Shawn's setup and modified it a little.
I did 1 stop in lap 18, was having a hard time with worn tires, very snappy.

Congrats to Paul and Tommi for 1st and 2nd.
Great debut there Tommi 👍

Edit: Im still left wandering how I managed to close that 8 second gap you had on me, just by pitting early! I think maybe you lost a few seconds on too much fuel, but other than that, it's a mystery to me!

I'm willing to bet he sped into pit road and got held as a penalty. Our first 3d3 ever race I lost 8 seconds in the pits here (reverse direction) and it took us about 3 months to figure out that TM has pit penalties for speeding on entry.

Congratulations Paul! Tommi and Daniel as well for a good podium 👍
Happy Birthday Patrick :cheers:

Thanks guys :)
And yes - it should've been that pit-penalty. I never heard before of that. But Paul mentioned it in practice before the race and i didn't know what he meant exactly, so i banged into the pits as i always do....
Aaaaaahh damn, damn, damn....
Somehow now, it's a pity :ouch:

But ok, my fault, i consider it as a "Rookie-Mistake" ;)

Watched little bit the replay. Couldn't see much of a penalty, maybe my pitstop was little bit slower but not that much i would say.
Paul had the perfect strategy (you came to the pits 2 laps earlier than me) - and your fuel-management was awesome. I bet that you would've run out a few seconds later. Well well done :)

Last edited:
K, I'll grab it when I get in, should hopefully be within 10min.

EDIT: GTP_Niop added.

So I signed up for this event and yet I'm not on the sign up sheet, can I still participate in the NA race?

That was a pretty crappy race. Got overtaken before the start and shunted right before the first tunnel. By then I was 20ish seconds behind and figured I'd just get out of the way and go do something else.

Looking forward to next week (which will likely be my last until winter break and GT6 👍).

Back