GTP WRS-Online : Event 101 : Harmonious Balance - Aug 14

Ah well, my internet hates me sometimes :D. It happens a lot, I was surprised I lasted that long, normally it kicks me out after 10 or 15 mins :lol:. Great racing though 👍

WARNING: Epic post incoming...

My first win, and it feels dirty. :mischievous: But I'll take it.

First off, your steward shows up 15min before quali, and kicks you all off track just to change the one missed setting: Visual Damage = Off :ouch:
Thanks Greg for getting there an hour early and setting up the lounge. 👍

Second, the race start was compromised when that steward didn't make sure that driver visibility issues were dealt with.
Lefty's connection issue reared its head and caused he and Greg to smash in race lap 1, turn 2. :ouch:
Greg quit early, and I am truly sorry for that. When Lefty didn't respond, I should have aborted and restarted.

Third, the real race winner, GTP_Kosmic DC'd 5 laps before finish with a 13sec lead on GTP_Niop and I. :ouch:

Next up, Gooners had an uncharactaristic bad race, and actually caused Niop to give me a pass on race lap 18,
when they both tried to get out of each others' way during a Gooners spin before the first tunnel. :ouch:
I kind of just sailed by, and passes rarely come that easy here.
Especially when the 2 drivers had the exact same best-lap time!!!
Both on the 6th lap after our one pit. I've met my match in GTP_Niop. 👍
Great race, man. :cheers:

Finally, the pit exit at this track really should have been called out by us stewards ahead of time.
The speed differential between hotlaps and outlaps in the first few turns caused a few issues
tonight, and drivers should have been warned as to how to handle those. As always, the driver
exiting pits needs to make sure he doesn't cause an issue, but here that needs to be emphasized. :ouch:

Results:

event101NAresults_zps093847ad.png

event101CombinedResults_zps4f21387b.png

Pics:

Ummm, Lefty (Red), you're up-close and personal
TrialMountainCircuit_2_zps885e7d14.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_3_zpsb7e74521.jpg

The start from the front
TrialMountainCircuit_4_zps3380cbc7.jpg

Physics Lesson
TrialMountainCircuit_5_zpsbe390ea1.jpg

How many tires do we need guys?
TrialMountainCircuit_6_zps6895d74f.jpg

This can't end well - GTP_Niop white, GTP_gooners_17 green, me dark in background
TrialMountainCircuit_7_zps627393a8.jpg

Thanks Guys!
TrialMountainCircuit_8_zps556b9e61.jpg

Narrow avoidance of Daniel (GTP_AspecBob)
TrialMountainCircuit_10_zps2365b604.jpg

2nd stint had some close moments with GTP_Niop
TrialMountainCircuit_11_zpsfe2c00e5.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_12_zps2d7b313b.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_13_zpsca342d4d.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_14_zpsab25d9e2.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_15_zpsaa127999.jpg

Oops! A mistake!
TrialMountainCircuit_16_zps347cfb7b.jpg

WARNING: Epic post incoming...

My first win, and it feels dirty.

Well, dirty or not congrats on your first win. I'll find you a national anthem if it isn't done by the time I'm home ;)

1 event, 2 first time winners! 👍:cheers:

Congrats to the successful drivers of the NA race !!!
Also congrats for your first win Gravitron 👍

A question came to my mind. Oink yesterday mentioned that - when the field drops below 6 drivers - the race will be un-official. What's the difference - respectively - what effect has an official race?

Congrats to the successful drivers of the NA race !!!

A question came to my mind. Oink yesterday mentioned that - when the field drops below 6 drivers - the race will be un-official. What's the difference - respectively - what effect has an official race?

Well, in terms of racing, nothing. Whoever is there still races as per normal. However results from the race are not counted towards the official race records, wins/podiums etc are not recorded.

Also since the grid is so small, maybe sometimes guys will decide to reduce lap count down a bit or something, so it's not just a lonely long race, because of course it doesn't matter since its not official.

Ok, thanks Paul. Does it have any effect on the driver-handicaps?

Only the WRS Time Trials count towards driver handicap. It's fun if you have the time to do both. The time trial comes first, from sunday till monday. The wednesday following that monday the online race takes place (usually with the same combo). So you'll already be prepared for the online race if you run the Time Trial. There may be some exceptions, like preventing the use of a track like the Top Gear track. There could be some ugly crashes there in an official race ;) However when doing an unofficial fun race like the Parity Event, that's an ideal moment to use that track like we did a few months ago.

yes...time. give me more of that :)
i just was wondering about the official / unofficial stuff. now i know. thanks

Congratz Lucas!!! It's been a long time coming... 101 weeks!!!! Glad you made it after coming close so many times before.

I won't post it to the World Cup thread, but this anthem also serves to congratulate you and Team USA for the win in the 100th week anniversary event. A good 5 days for you there!

PS> Our historical database shows you've had 14 podium finishes prior to this first victory including 7 second place finishes. :boggled:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the congrats, guys. :embarrassed: Feels good, but like I said, gokartman78 had this one wrapped up. And Niop's consistency was looking to have me in 3rd at best, had the incidents not occurred.
Well, that's racing. :D

We will most likely be implementing a quick pre-quali "all drivers on track and report total number of drivers" check in the future, to force driver visibility issues to be dealt with.

And we are contacting Lefty to make sure he keeps in mind that there may be times in the future that he will have to sit out, as long as he keeps having these visibility issues with multiple people.

Nice pics, McGyver! 👍

Yeh great shots Tommi! The best thing about my car colour theme choice, is I'm always easy to spot in the replay/photos!

Thanks thanks thanks.
My favourite shot is the one with us both on the long tunnel-straight (from the back) - actually i made it my xmb-wallpaper. Really love that one.

Last edited:
haha love my drifts (red car black rims # 23 ) race was pretty bad yet again (sigh) even after two hours practice. Don't think i'll be doing any weekly races for a while unless some awesome track / car combo comes along will still be doing gt3 and f1 though.

yeah mika - you really burned the track :)
what setup did you run - it seemed not sooo stable when i saw the replay...

Latest Posts

Back