img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern | 7:00 PM Pacific | 2:00 AM GMT | Check Local

img.php

Opel Speedster '00 @ Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

car_opel_speedster_00.jpg
track_circuito_de_madrid_reverse.jpg

Stewards Notes
This spunky mid engined car, equipped with its stock setup and tires, provides a quirky and fun ride around the tight walled streets of Madrid. Don't believe this is just a poor man's Lotus... the Speedster's got its own unique charm that will hopefully win you over this week.

The Speedster is a standard model and not in the current OCD, but it can be traded. If you don't have the Speedster in stock trim you can request one to be sent to you. Enjoy.

P2Po7QC.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event103_reg.png

Register

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
El-Matador-Valiente-2_zps70cc80a6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

El-Matador-Valiente-3_zps5f9ad4c6.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 19:00 GMT
  • NA: Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM Eastern | 4:00 PM Pacific | 23:00 GMT
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice approximately 1 hour prior to the official start of each event.

Course & Car Settings
  • Track: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse
  • Car: Opel Speedster '00
  • Power: 151 HP (Stock w/oil change and full break-in)
  • Weight: 850 kg (Stock)
  • Added Parts: Not Allowed
  • Aero: Not Allowed

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 31
  • Start Type: Grid Start w/Delayed Launch (see below for details)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: 180sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Disable Collisions: Off
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restrictions: Unrestricted (see above for specific car specs)
  • Performance Points: 410 PP
  • Drivetrain: MR
  • Tire Restrictions: Comfort Soft (N3)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Grid Start w/Delayed Launch
  • After qualifying a steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and record/announce the times and order while all other drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit to the lobby when their time is called out if the time matches their fast lap on screen. Stay on track if you have a discrepancy until it's resolved with a steward.
  • When all drivers have exited to the lobby the race director will re-open the pits and all drivers should enter and remain in the pit (do not enter track).
  • Drivers will be called on track in order and should park in single file in order a short distance after pit exit.
  • When the last driver is parked at the end of the line the race time will be started and drivers should hold position during the countdown.
  • The system will put you on the grid, but do not start at the green flag. Hold your position until the target start time as detailed below.
  • The stewards will verify the grid order is correct.
    • If correct the target launch time will be 1:00.00 and will be announced via chat (text and/or voice).
    • If incorrect the target launch time will be 2:00.00 and will be announced via chat (text and/or voice). Drivers will be asked to shuffle positions and park in the proper position.
    • If there are issues shuffling a steward will delay the start further. Any driver who is having issues should ask for a delay at least 15 seconds before the target start.
  • Launch at the target start time to begin the race. During post race review, the replay will be paused at this point and any driver that jumps will be penalized.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Pit Entry and Exit Guidelines
  • Pits are open and stops are optional, but may be required to complete the race based on fuel consumption and/or tire wear.
  • Drivers are responsible for determining their fuel consumption, tire wear and ultimate pit strategy. Discussion of this strategy in the thread is encouraged but not required.
  • Be aware that when "Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption" is set to "Fast" or "Very Fast" that the system's fuel add recommendations will be wrong. In this case you need to do your own testing and calculations prior to the race to ensure you add the proper amount of fuel to make it to the end of the race.
  • On exit from the pits stay to the pit exit side (usually right side) of the white line if there is oncoming traffic.
  • On both pit entry and exit, traffic not entering/exiting the pits must stay to track side (usually left side) of the white lines and are not allowed on the pit entry/exit except to avoid collisions. Drivers cannot follow another driver entering the pits into this area to draft and cannot drive into the area to avoid being drafted if they are not pitting.
  • Remember, traffic on course has the right of way after the white line ends. Drivers that cross the line in either direction are responsible for any incidents that occur.
  • Special Pit Exit Guidelines for Madrid Reverse: Drivers exiting the pits have no where to go to avoid oncoming traffic. They are entitled to the track to the right of the yellow line (solid and dotted) on exit and do not have to move out of the way or stop. Oncoming traffic navigating the chicane should be aware of pit traffic and avoid running over the yellow line (stay to the left of it when traffic is coming out of pits). If contact occurs to the right of the yellow line the fault is with the oncoming traffic. If contact occurs to the left of the yellow line the fault is with pit traffic.

Track Boundary Guidelines
Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.

It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.​

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • No hybrids - if you're caught using a hybrid or attempting to enter a hybrid onto the track during an official event you will be banned from all future 3D3 Racing events.
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

El-Matador-Valiente-4_zps9bfd56a1.png

Last edited:
wrstitlesraceresults.png

WRSWeek103EUResults.png

event103NAresults_zps8dac105c.png~original

event103CombinedResults_zps68496bbd.png~original

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

A shot by Oink
be8faTk.jpg

Gravitron's photo shoot
CircuitodeMadrid_7_zpsc3e8eb85.jpg

Oink's stream of EU Race

Oink's stream of NA Race

Oink's Highlights of NA Race

Someones a keen bugger for this one :sly:

Edit: Oh, PS. In 100% for both races this time. Gotta make it worthwhile though, so gunna try practice extra hard for this one. (I'll still get beat by Tim but I can try at least :sly:)

Last edited:
Nice to see the field filling up already 👍

Nice to see the field filling up already 👍

👍 Loris stole my yellow/yellow monopoly! Glad you will join us mate.

And what is this "3d3 color" that Anastasis will use? Very curious. Hopefully the NA field will round out a bit.

I'll be glad to move onto this after F1... Getting a bit sick of near infinite grip driving and this will certainly be a reality check. :lol:

LOL, is that the Stig (I mean Caine) there in the picture in the second post?

Last edited:
behind the barrier above the bonnet of the orange car. It's a sign I think :lol:

:lol:
I know.
Take a look at the image URL from the original one (not Bart's, he stole it :sly:). Guess who did it?
[http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z456/Speedy6543/El-Matador-Valiente-2_zps70cc80a6.png]

Just done a 16 lap race, and used 54 litres. Perhaps with a draft a no-stopper is possible, or if you're good at conserving fuel. But It's right on the cusp. Will need to do another run, but I'm not sure the tyres will hold up for the whole race either. They were starting to drop off a bit towards the end of the race, only talking .5 a lap, but try adding another 16 laps and I'm sure it's going to be marginal.

According to my initial run, you would need to add 8 litres anyway, which wouldn't cost any extra time at the stop. The pit-stop delta is ~ 30 seconds.

The other thing I can see causing issue's is the pit exit. It fires you right into the racing line on the exit of the chicane. And due to the late change-over from auto-pilot it might be difficult to get out the way should anyone be coming. But we'll see.

Also, as the fuel goes down I found the car became harder to keep pointing the right way, so whatever happens it should be an exciting race!

Wedding is over. Almost everyone has headed home so.... I am signed up for both races!

Al

Look forward to this. I did not get much time for the TT, traveled for work most of week. I need to run a few stints on line to get my bearings for the race.

I'm in the main lounge now running some laps. Feel free to join.

I'm in the main lounge now running some laps. Feel free to join.

You were not kidding about trying to beat me. I haven't done a lap since last Tuesday and kind of burnt from the F1 race... I might practice this tonight, but got lots of work to do today... Both real and GTP stuff to finish off the F1 event. Don't get too fast on me!

Ps. Somehow i need to find the time to watch your saved feeds from the f1 race and quali too. See, it was your plot to keep me from driving. :lol: I might save them for next weekend while i travel. I will be gone from Saturday to Tuesday.

You were not kidding about trying to beat me. I haven't done a lap since last Tuesday and kind of burnt from the F1 race... I might practice this tonight, but got lots of work to do today... Both real and GTP stuff to finish off the F1 event. Don't get too fast on me!

Ps. Somehow i need to find the time to watch your saved feeds from the f1 race and quali too. See, it was your plot to keep me from driving. :lol: I might save them for next weekend while i travel. I will be gone from Saturday to Tuesday.

Haha, I was actually hoping to get some practice in last week but just ended up having no time, and working over the weekend, plus the rest of my time on the broadcasts means I have only just started the combo today. So far very enjoyable. Ran a few laps and Bart showed me how slow I am :D.

I'm out of the lounge now, Bart was still in there but AFK when I left.

The Quali and race streams are both almost exactly 1 hour 40 long, so maybe best for when your travelling like you said.

Found the car in UCD luckily :D

Does it have full power? If not, let us know and we'll send you one that does.

I'll be in the lounge shortly running some laps... but only have about 45 minutes.

Jumping in the main lounge for a quick practice.

EDIT: Oh, fancy meeting you here, Tim. :D

Does it have full power? If not, let us know and we'll send you one that does.

I'll be in the lounge shortly running some laps... but only have about 45 minutes.

Ye, almost all cars in UCD have tons of mileage, a simple oil change is all u need

Ye, almost all cars in UCD have tons of mileage, a simple oil change is all u need

If it has too many miles it might not go back to full on an oil change unless you restore the car with a ticket. Check your car for 151 HP and 410 PP. If you have those numbers after an oil change you are good.

Or if you don't care run it at low power... fine with me. :sly:

The other thing I can see causing issue's is the pit exit. It fires you right into the racing line on the exit of the chicane. And due to the late change-over from auto-pilot it might be difficult to get out the way should anyone be coming.

Guys exiting the pits have a right to the track to the right of the yellow line. They don't have to get out of the way and it would be impossible anyway. If you are going through the chicane and a car is exiting the pits it's your job to stay to the left of the yellow line. We tested it tonight and it's not that hard. If you are exiting the pits, stay to the right as much as possible, but you don't have to stop... just exit and get up to speed along the right.

I might not make it to a practice tonight, working late. I'll take a look at the lounge as soon as I get in and see if anyones left, might be closer to 8-8:30pm gmt.

Back