GTP WRS-Online : Event 103 : El Matador Valiente - August 28

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 93 comments
I am trying to get to my wheel. Not sure I will be able to this afternoon.

Al

Anyone planning on going to lounge for the NA practice at 7 EST or later? Post a note, if you are going to, if I can I will join.

A small change to the start after testing in practice today!

We are doing a grid start (delayed launch) and no formation lap.

After qualifying we'll line up in qualifying order on track. We'll start the race timer, but will will not go on the green flag. Instead, we'll hold position and go at a designated time.

If the assigned order is correct we'll got at 1 minute on the race clock. If the assigned order is incorrect we'll re-arrange and go at the 2 minute mark on the clock. If there is any doubt we'll make those times (if the grid is completely scrambled) we'll just extend it to 3 minutes.

If things don't look good for you just type "hold" and we'll extend the start time as appropriate.

Last edited:
Anyone planning on going to lounge for the NA practice at 7 EST or later? Post a note, if you are going to, if I can I will join.

I'll probably do some laps, although last night with Tim and Mohit, I did attempt a full race length no-stopper. I may or may not have made it the full distance. :sly:

I wouldn't be on till 10pm EDT at the earliest, unfortunately.

Updated the details post with the changes:

Grid Start w/Delayed Launch
  • After qualifying a steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and record/announce the times and order while all other drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit to the lobby when their time is called out if the time matches their fast lap on screen. Stay on track if you have a discrepancy until it's resolved with a steward.
  • When all drivers have exited to the lobby the race director will re-open the pits and all drivers should enter and remain in the pit (do not enter track).
  • Drivers will be called on track in order and should park in single file in order a short distance after pit exit.
  • When the last driver is parked at the end of the line the race time will be started and drivers should hold position during the countdown.
  • The system will put you on the grid, but do not start at the green flag. Hold your position until the target start time as detailed below.
  • The stewards will verify the grid order is correct.
    • If correct the target launch time will be 1:00.00 and will be announced via chat (text and/or voice).
    • If incorrect the target launch time will be 2:00.00 and will be announced via chat (text and/or voice). Drivers will be asked to shuffle positions and park in the proper position.
    • If there are issues shuffling a steward will delay the start further. Any driver who is having issues should ask for a delay at least 15 seconds before the target start.
  • Launch at the target start time to begin the race. During post race review, the replay will be paused at this point and any driver that jumps will be penalized.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Pit Entry and Exit Guidelines
  • Special Pit Exit Guidelines for Madrid Reverse: Drivers exiting the pits have no where to go to avoid oncoming traffic. They are entitled to the track to the right of the yellow line (solid and dotted) on exit and do not have to move out of the way or stop. Oncoming traffic navigating the chicane should be aware of pit traffic and avoid running over the yellow line (stay to the left of it when traffic is coming out of pits). If contact occurs to the right of the yellow line the fault is with the oncoming traffic. If contact occurs to the left of the yellow line the fault is with pit traffic.

Updated the details post with the changes:

That is a good idea to give the field a minute or longer to shuffle spots if required. I think the last time we did this, cars were still backing up at the start :crazy:.

Probably going in for a little practice 20-30min from now...

Man, dropping the formation lap almost makes the no-stopper attractive. :lol:

Especially shifting early and maybe getting some nice draft while you wait for everyone to pit. Going to be interesting.

1'44.0 was my best tonight with low fuel, high 44's were possible after about 5 laps into a full-tank stint. Tim tells me the EU practice saw plenty of 43's on full-tanks. :crazy:

Man, dropping the formation lap almost makes the no-stopper attractive. :lol:

Especially shifting early and maybe getting some nice draft while you wait for everyone to pit. Going to be interesting.

1'44.0 was my best tonight with low fuel, high 44's were possible after about 5 laps into a full-tank stint. Tim tells me the EU practice saw plenty of 43's on full-tanks. :crazy:

It was all those D1's and Caine's that we had :sly:

Also, both races are going to be streamed and can be watched right here. This is the EU feed, I'll post the NA one later on after EU is finished.

You going to be racing Mika?

PS. I'm on my way in now.

No i'm not sorry too tired pc didn't arrive yet but if I race now I will just screw up and waste time really was on my bike for almost the whole day for school yeah...... don't even ask why. :)

No i'm not sorry too tired pc didn't arrive yet but if I race now I will just screw up and waste time really was on my bike for almost the whole day for school yeah...... don't even ask why. :)

Shame, but no problem. But now your just begging the question :sly:

Shame, but no problem. But now your just begging the question :sly:

lol Ok my school is 23 km away from my house and well this is my first week there and it's an introduction week so we had a bike ride set out but to get there instead of going with the train I had to go with the bike. So I had a workout of around 60 km today which after 3 months of not sitting on my bike a lot yeah kinda done for today. :)

ps: see why I didn't want to post it too big of a story :sly:

lol Ok my school is 23 km away from my house and well this is my first week there and it's an introduction week so we had a bike ride set out but to get there instead of going with the train I had to go with the bike. So I had a workout of around 60 km today which after 3 months of not sitting on my bike a lot yeah kinda done for today. :)

ps: see why I didn't want to post it too big of a story :sly:

Haha, sounds killer. You gunna watch the stream? WIll be up any second.

Edit: Ok, now we are live! Video can be found above.

Sig we are starting the race now, sorry to say.

Just my luck to be disconnected right as the race is about to start :crazy:. I tried to reconnect but was disconnected again on entry. I assumed you guys would have continued and started anyway. Still enjoying it as a spectator great battle currently going on at the back!

Just my luck to be disconnected right as the race is about to start :crazy:. I tried to reconnect but was disconnected again on entry. I assumed you guys would have continued and started anyway. Still enjoying it as a spectator great battle currently going on at the back!

We stopped the race, exited and lined up again so you could rejoin. Then when you DC'd the 2nd restart we just had to go given the time. Sorry about that, bad luck.

I got "lag shunted" early in the race... basically oink in front of me lagged, hit the wall and came to a stop and I nowhere to go and smashed into him... a second later he was 15 car lengths in front without a scratch and on his way, while I was at the start of the long straight basically at a standstill. I let it get to me, to be honest, and just fell apart slowly but surely after that. I made sure to get out of people's way and decided to wait for JTV at one point to get some close racing... I miss timed my "wait" and he was away. Then my kids came home from school and started telling me about their day... At that point it was a welcome distraction and I just quit the race.

Yeh Tim, I'm so so sorry about that lag punt. At the time, I had no idea what happened, but I saw you magically reset about 10 ft and lose speed and I quickly realised what had happened. I then immediately got caught in 2 minds as to whether or not to carry on, or to wait. In hindsight I should definitely have waiting for you to catch my draft again, and for the next 15 laps I was kicking myself for not waiting.

Again, really sorry, and sorry it turned into a bad race from there. Hopefully NA will be better for you if your gunna be there.

First of I want to apologise for my early race shunts, I was angry with myself for a poor quali performance, and got caught out in the draft + mass of names in braking zones. Before the race I felt I had a decent chance of winning it due to practise times, and got even more frustrated that I was losing so much time by being at the back. My race didn't really get going until about lap 10. Then managed to home in on WRP + Oink, I decided to stay out a lap longer (lap 16) at the stops, because I knew I was faster, and WRP + Oink would be a bit cautious on their outlaps, and it nearly paid off, came out directly behind WRP. I should have done another lap before pitting! Anyway, thanks WRP for letting me pass, hope It pulled you along a little bit too. After a really great handful of laps I managed to catch right up behind Oink, but then Oink changed line right at the braking zone for the last corner and I had to swerve to avoid him, resulting in me crashing into the tyres! So dropped back down behind WRP again, who made a mistake which allowed me back past. Then spent the remaining laps trying to hunt down Oink again, but there wasn't enough time.

Wasn't my best race performance, but a really enjoyable one from mid-race. Again sorry for the bumps at the start.

Congratulations Bart, Silv + Oink on your podiums!

Great race there Oink 👍 of course when you selected your fuel I didn't catch it. Can you PM me or lets us know what your selection was? Thankzzz

Yeh Tim, I'm so so sorry about that lag punt. At the time, I had no idea what happened, but I saw you magically reset about 10 ft and lose speed and I quickly realised what had happened. I then immediately got caught in 2 minds as to whether or not to carry on, or to wait. In hindsight I should definitely have waiting for you to catch my draft again, and for the next 15 laps I was kicking myself for not waiting.

Again, really sorry, and sorry it turned into a bad race from there. Hopefully NA will be better for you if your gunna be there.

It wasn't intentional, just with these walled tracks, there is nowhere for lagged cars to go except into the wall. At another track, the car goes off track and no harm if they appear in front later.

It only cost me about 2.5 seconds, but it cost me the draft. I saw you knock the wall in turn 1 a couple times after that in the distance and thought I might catch back up, but every time you would teleport down track after a moment.

You'll have to be careful tonight -- or rather anyone following you will.

Interesting that you should say that about teleporting. I think I only had that one lag spike throughout the race, perhaps the servers were being a bit dodgy, because earlier, at least for me, RPH was lagging all over the place. It didn't effect me at all, by the time I caught him he went into the pits, but I could see it wasn't smooth at all, and possibly a bit like that with one or 2 other people every so often I could see.

Interesting that you should say that about teleporting. I think I only had that one lag spike throughout the race, perhaps the servers were being a bit dodgy, because earlier, at least for me, RPH was lagging all over the place. It didn't effect me at all, by the time I caught him he went into the pits, but I could see it wasn't smooth at all, and possibly a bit like that with one or 2 other people every so often I could see.

You were rock solid 99% of the time... but every once in a while you had a long lag out... up to 2-3 seconds where the car went in a straight line on autopilot and then appear where you really were. Even up close and personal your movement most of the time was very stable...

I think you've mentioned this before where you have great bandwidth, so mostly it's rock solid, but every once in a while a blackout of any communication. It's amazing you don't DC really... maybe it's just with individual drivers.

Can anyone else look at the replay of lap 4. The final turn before the back straight. And see if you see oink lag there? I'm not sure how the game handles updates if you are far away, but curious if it was just lag between the two of us or if everyone would have experienced it had you been in sight.

Latest Posts

Back