GTP WRS-Online : Event 105 : Classic ENDURANCE - September 11

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 102 comments
We're still in the middle of qualifying. Join quickly! Second group about to start.

What a **** race I dont understand the **** I have drive behind pasm in the pit was 3 tenth behind pasm after pit was 5,5 sec behind:mad: and then on last lap run out of fuel never have had this unluck like today

What a **** race I dont understand the **** I have drive behind pasm in the pit was 3 tenth behind pasm after pit was 5,5 sec behind:mad: and then on last lap run out of fuel never have had this unluck like today

Matthew also got a pit penalty... maybe where you entered or the speed... will have to check the replay to see if you and matthew were above the limit. You should have just finished with the low fuel... you would have at least got 3rd and a podium instead of a DNF.

Matthew also got a pit penalty... maybe where you entered or the speed... will have to check the replay to see if you and matthew were above the limit. You should have just finished with the low fuel... you would have at least got 3rd and a podium instead of a DNF.

I have brake before pit very heavy, no podium was not possible would be are p8-p10

I have brake before pit very heavy, no podium was not possible would be are p8-p10

Sorry... Like I said matthew also got the mysterious penalty in the pits... I ran out of gas also, but not until after the bus stop and I coasted over the line before losing a position.

In the end, it's just a game and you had a good race up to that point... this game is quirky for sure and we just have to live with the issues and enjoy what it gives us... Hopefully they'll fix more than they introduce in GT6.

Ghost mate, what happened? You get a DC or something? No matter, these things happen, and was really great fun battling with you. Not often I can battle with a Div 1 guy, even if they are a bit off the pace! Great clean racing though 👍

Edit: Signed up for NA too. To hell with work! :mischievous:

To be honest I doubt it would have taken you 30 seconds to coast to the line from where you were on track. But that's another story.

A great race for me, was my most consistent race by far, until the penultimate lap :lol: Couldn't match the leader's for pace, but was marginally quicker in the first stint than the guys behind me. Somehow managed to exit the pits ahead of Matt, only to misjudge my speed through pit exit, hit the barrier and then get bogged down in 2nd, so sorry about that Matt! Matt managed to get passed me, and from then on it was pretty much just hold station until the end. Ran wide at the kink in T2, ended up losing about 10 seconds, and saw Tim catching me, which really piled on the pressure to keep it on the black stuff on that last lap.

I've checked the replay and neither Pablo nor I entered the pits too fast. It turns out that Pablo got stuck behind Bart turning into his pit area, and I got stuck behind Pablo having to slow down for Bart, again when Pablo turned into his own pit and finally when Caine passed straight through me and I got stuck behind him coming out. :yuck:

Also, the standard fuel refill calculation stinks. It likely estimated that Pablo didn't need to put any fuel in based on the fuel consumption of his first stint, which involved a lot of drafting with Bart so he used less fuel, whereas in the second stint, Bart was several seconds ahead so Pablo used more fuel, causing him to run out on the final lap.

So essentially, Pablo and I were done in by PD. :irked: Let's hope GT6 has better automated pit-in, a more sophisticated fuel refill system, and more realistic drafting.

Despite everything, I'm content with second place. Well done Bart for having a trouble-free win :cheers:

Ghost mate, what happened? You get a DC or something? No matter, these things happen, and was really great fun battling with you. Not often I can battle with a Div 1 guy, even if they are a bit off the pace! Great clean racing though 👍

Edit: Signed up for NA too. To hell with work! :mischievous:

Hey Dude ,

Ya i got Dc'd , was weird my screen flashed black than i found myself at the main menu exited from the game ??

Anyway i was way off pace tonight , not having time to practice ...lol . Going into every corner i had no confidence what so ever , not like me at all .

I think after GTAcademy i'm a bit off at the moment , but hey we all have our bad times and i guess this is mine to get through .

any way ya really good clean racing man , was great racing with you dude.

On a positive note i'm starting my own youtube channel man and editing videos which seems to be a real challenge at the moment ...but slowly getting there .

Anyway see you guys for the next 1 and i'll be sure to get some practice in for the next race .

Peace

Anyway i was way off pace tonight , not having time to practice ...lol . Going into every corner i had no confidence what so ever , not like me at all .

I think after GTAcademy i'm a bit off at the moment , but hey we all have our bad times and i guess this is mine to get through .

any way ya really good clean racing man , was great racing with you dude.

On a positive note i'm starting my own youtube channel man and editing videos which seems to be a real challenge at the moment ...but slowly getting there .

Anyway see you guys for the next 1 and i'll be sure to get some practice in for the next race .

Peace

Totally understandable, no doubt. Ahh, I will keep an eye out for you, and subscribe to your channel to see what's up! 👍

Also, the standard fuel refill calculation stinks. It likely estimated that Pablo didn't need to put any fuel in based on the fuel consumption of his first stint, which involved a lot of drafting with Bart so he used less fuel, whereas in the second stint, Bart was several seconds ahead so Pablo used more fuel, causing him to run out on the final lap.

So essentially, Pablo and I were done in by PD. :irked: Let's hope GT6 has better automated pit-in, a more sophisticated fuel refill system, and more realistic drafting.

To be fair, the game calculated exactly correctly - it just takes the average of your fuel consumption per lap and multiplies that by the remaining laps. It would be a bit much to expect the game to realise we were making a pace lap on lap 1 and not take that into account. It's hardly new though either. That's why you always put in a couple of litres extra to what the recommendation is.

That's why you always put in a couple of litres extra to what the recommendation is.

Or just not look at what it says at all and work out manually in practice prior to the race how much fuel you will need. Add a cushion onto that, then you aren't relying on the GT system, which, as has been stated, is by no means perfect ;)

Tonight was starting really bad - was 1 sec up compared to my first quali-lap, then blew bus stop, and started almost all the way in the back. Then, on the first lap whoever was in front of me braked in the little chicane after T1, so I went off for the first time - dead last. Made up a couple of positions, then came up behind Ren, but didn't dare draft him too closely because of lag, then bumped Ren in T1, and probably caused him to spin, so I waited for him to resume. Then I went off one more time in T1 for good measure, and then, finally, it got better. Found my rhythm and was able to make up a couple of positions until the end. Without the abysmal first 10 laps I could have maybe gone for 5th or 6th. I guess this shows that the importance of qualifying should not be underestimated.

EU race results:

Congratulations to Bart on his win and Matthew and Tim on their podiums.:cheers:

Last edited:
Going in I would have been quite happy with 4th... but with Immortal retiring I had a legitimate shot at a podium... so I'm happy, but not ecstatic.

After my pit I was approaching Pekka on his no stop. Not quite enough draft to get him on that lap so followed into turn 1. Matthew and Caine were just coming out of the pits and basically got out right in front of Pekka. So I had a guy on 17 lap tires between me and a podium position... I tried hard to get by before the bus stop and made it past Pekka in time for braking, but was off because of the inside line and made a mess of the bus stop. I took a lot of grass on my entry, kicked up a load of dust/grass and Pekka crashed behind me. I decided to pull over and wait for him... JTV went by and Caine and Matthew were long gone.

Endedup with a good little chase trying to get back to JTV. When I finally got in his draft he missed turn 1 and that was the end of it... I made a mistake later and spun in the bus stop by myself and JTV was back in my draft... but I managed to hold the position and almost catch up with Caine after his issue. Rattled off 8 straight 41s at one point in the second stint which was a big improvement over practice.

Tough combo, but gratifying not to make a complete mess of it anyway. 👍

Last edited:
This was a thriller of a race! 👍

The first few laps there was a lot going on at the front. Dicing for position, while making sure not to loose too much time. Sadly, Wes got involved in an accident in the first corner, leaving only Pablo Matthew and I. I noticed these two were quicker than me, because I was having a hard time keeping up with them even with draft. After a few laps it got a bit better. Then Matthew had a moment in the second hairpin, we could avoid the contact and I almost lost contact with Pablo. Lucky for me I caught his draft on the main straight and Matthew lost my draft. From then on Pablo and I changed positions a couple of time.

Going into the pits first, I was lucky to get out with a gap. Then a gruelling second stint began where I was pushed to the limit. I am glad I made no mistakes, but at the start of the last lap the gap was down to 2.5 seconds from 4.5 seconds when we came out of the pits. I made no mistakes through the final bus stop chicane, but it was a bit slow so I instantly looked at the mini map, to be surprised by the slow moving icon of Pablo. Unfortunate mate.

Or just not look at what it says at all and work out manually in practice prior to the race how much fuel you will need. Add a cushion onto that, then you aren't relying on the GT system, which, as has been stated, is by no means perfect ;)

Unless you are at DRC and you are in the first pit stall... then changing anything from the recommended amounts costs you seconds just sitting there in the pit with your crew gawking at the stars while you fiddle with the slowest user interface on the planet since punch cards... it takes (i think) 10 clicks to go from 2 to 10 L of fuel (up, x, 8x right, x, down, x)... get one of them wrong and it takes 4-5 more just to go back.

Anybody call first pit tonight. :lol: I got a nasty low down trick in mind to make sure I don't end up there [again] even if I host the room. :mischievous: Can anybody guess what it is?

Judging from who's signed in on PSN, I think I can see what's shaping up. Log into the room with 3D3 A, he takes slot 1, but doesn't race, you join second and get pit 2?

Using the excuse that he's going to stream the leaderboard action from Watch Race! :lol:

Nice win, Bart. 👍 Go ahead and sleep through the NA race as a reward. :sly:

I'm opening the room now... give me about 5 mins and it'll be ready... i'll update this post when you can join.

EDIT: Ok, come and get it.

Is this going to be Immortal's Revenge? :lol:

PS> Main lounge... mics-enabled... I dont' think we'll get more than 10 drivers. If I"m wrong again we'll move. :sly:

Oh that was sad. Really really fun race, and get to lap 30 and just "disconnected from lobby server". All psn is fine, internet fine. That is just unfortunate. Neverless, those 30 odd laps, great racing Jon and Lucas, really fun battles all the way through there. Silly GT servers :(

Not sure what happened to you Jon just before I got DC'd, just saw you slow down and stop, then carry on about a minute later?

Sorry about the DC Paul.

Great win Pablo. 👍

Nice battles while they lasted Bart. I was just too dangerous in the Bus Stop to be consistent... especially around other cars.

Glad I stuck this combo out... was thinking of bolting given the difficulty, but it really turned out to be a good challenge and glad I was up to it.

Cheers guys... glad to race the whole lot of you every week and looking forward to many more years and can't wait for GT6.

Nice win, Pablo. 👍 I'd be even more impressed if you hadn't quit the EU race due to anger and 'podium not possible'.

Tim tells me Bart drove awesome too, but I didn't get to observe it due to me separating the front-runners from the rest of the pack on about lap 1 turn 2. :dunce: They were just gone. :drool:

Well done Tim, two nights in a row of long practice watching you struggle and today you totally brought it. :cheers:

event105NAresults_zps32cc2f35.png

event105CombinedResults_zps7795df0e.png

I wasn't too bummed to lose the leaders as the good number of laps with Paul and Jon were beyond awesome. :)
We kept being drawn back towards each other and no real break aways until Jon had to answer his phone and Paul suffered DC. :ouch:
At that point I looked back and expected to see Kev and Pekka still gaining like they were in the first stint, but I had like a mile of clear behind me, and was quite confused.
Eventually picked up Jon who was done with his phone call and we had a few more laps of fun. :mischievous:

Thanks everyone for making this a fabulous 2 years, and a great race day. :)

I am also very much looking forward to moving on to GT6 and discovering its inevitable joys and quirks. :lol:

Last edited:
Well done Tim, two nights in a row of long practice watching you struggle and today you totally brought it. :cheers:

Thanks for all the help during those practices. I was a mess as late as Tuesday with this combo, but your tips helped turn things around.

Looking at the merged results Pekka definitely gets the consistency award this week... Within 2.6 seconds both races and completely different pit strategies. :boggled: And Al made a huge improvement between races. 👍

My pleasure. :P

But you forgot about the poison oak, bro. :ouch: I almost unmuted my mic to clear my throat "Ahem!", to remind you. :lol:

Also want to thank Jon for not getting pissed at me for them shenanigans at the end. You still finished 2.5sec before the timer, after I flipped you. :embarrassed:

My pleasure. :P

But you forgot about the poison oak, bro. :ouch: I almost unmuted my mic to clear my throat "Ahem!", to remind you. :lol:

Also want to thank Jon for not getting pissed at me for them shenanigans at the end. You still finished 2.5sec before the timer, after I flipped you. :embarrassed:

If we had cautions I would have spun... I swear! It wouldn't have been on purpose, but I know I would have spun by accident at some point. ;)

I was pretty bummed about the DC, but at the end of the day, I can get over it. Just a shame because I was having such a great race. Not only that, but I realised I could have been doing even better!

As lucas got about 3-4 second gap, me and Jon were still close together. He even started bump drafting me so we could catch him. Then when Jon goes in front of me next lap, I couldn't even get to his bumper in draft. Was thinking, oh, must have had a bad exit or something. Realised afterwards...didn't oil change after EU! The damn thing had lost a bunch of HP and I couldn't even overtake in good draft. No wander I couldn't catch Lucas! :sly:

I was pretty bummed about the DC, but at the end of the day, I can get over it. Just a shame because I was having such a great race. Not only that, but I realised I could have been doing even better!

As lucas got about 3-4 second gap, me and Jon were still close together. He even started bump drafting me so we could catch him. Then when Jon goes in front of me next lap, I couldn't even get to his bumper in draft. Was thinking, oh, must have had a bad exit or something. Realised afterwards...didn't oil change after EU! The damn thing had lost a bunch of HP and I couldn't even overtake in good draft. No wander I couldn't catch Lucas! :sly:

You and Jon need a pre-race checklist:
  • No Ballast
  • PL @ 100%
  • Oil Change
  • Sign up using the form and change your status to confirmed (a few guys could use this one :sly:)

There, if you anyone use it, it's free of charge, but a 99 cent donation to the "Promote oink's YouTube Channel" foundation is welcome. :lol:

PS> Got a meeting cancellation for next week... so looks like I'm in! Now, gotta get my back straight (which was much better in the NA race thanks to 2 ibuprofen).

Back