GTP WRS-Online : Event 106 : R8 M8 - September 18

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 64 comments
I might jump on for some more practice in 15-20min. Looks like I may make it to the NA race after all. :)

I might jump on for some more practice in 15-20min. Looks like I may make it to the NA race after all. :)

Good practice Lucas... should be some close racing tomorrow!

I don't care if I win, or even podium. I just want to avoid this unpleasantness:

NuumlrburgringGP_D_2_zpsa3335fec.jpg

Sorry but I have to cancel on the EU race.

Battling for the lead on lap 16 and matthew's car came to a complete stop (I mean 0 mph) at the apex... I assume it was lag... I smashed into him at 100 kph, had damage, spun into the infield and lost about 12 seconds. Moments later he was far down track. I ran through the pit stop, but just too disappointed to continue driving. That's two races in a row here [GP/D] I have a decent chance for the win and get taken out by lag. 👎

Last edited:
Damn, Tim you have been getting the rear end of the stick alot with lag punts recently. There was that one at Madrid EU when I got a lag spike and you got taken by it.

Battling for the lead on lap 16 and matthew's car came to a complete stop (I mean 0 mph) at the apex... I assume it was lag... I smashed into him at 100 kph, had damage, spun into the infield and lost about 12 seconds. Moments later he was far down track. I ran through the pit stop, but just too disappointed to continue driving. That's two races in a row here [GP/D] I have a decent chance for the win and get taken out by lag. 👎

The lag was on my end, it just froze for a split second and when it started again Tim immediately smashed into me. Nothing either of us could do to avoid it.

That's twice in a row now that PD has wiped out any chance I had of winning :mad:

Well done Silver, that was an epic battle we had there 👍

Good race all, congrats on the win Silv, Matt + JTV for the podium too.

1st stint I had no pace at all, really wasn't comfortable for some reason, but had a good fight with Oink, swapping places a few times. I was originally planning on no-stopping, but as I was losing a second a lap in the 1st stint, thought better of it. 2nd stint however felt amazing. Was comfortably in the 33's for about half the stint, the rest were low 34's with the odd 35 on a bad lap. Was gifted a few places really, Tim's lag shunt + spin, Wes's divebomb, and Oink deciding to do a no-stopper. Was really catching JTV towards the end, 1 more lap and I think I would have got him! This was the first race I've managed without making a 'proper' mistake, lap times were very consistent too, just need to get them faster now! Good race all!

Oh and this is how close your divebomb was Wes :D
dive2.jpg

EU Race Results:

event106EUresults_zpsfdb93f91.png

Congratulations on the win Silver.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good race all, congrats on the win Silv, Matt + JTV for the podium too.

1st stint I had no pace at all, really wasn't comfortable for some reason, but had a good fight with Oink, swapping places a few times. I was originally planning on no-stopping, but as I was losing a second a lap in the 1st stint, thought better of it. 2nd stint however felt amazing. Was comfortably in the 33's for about half the stint, the rest were low 34's with the odd 35 on a bad lap. Was gifted a few places really, Tim's lag shunt + spin, Wes's divebomb, and Oink deciding to do a no-stopper. Was really catching JTV towards the end, 1 more lap and I think I would have got him! This was the first race I've managed without making a 'proper' mistake, lap times were very consistent too, just need to get them faster now! Good race all!

Oh and this is how close your divebomb was Wes :D
dive2.jpg
:scared: There wasn't a lot of room to play with.

Here's the lag crash by the way:

Silver, Matthew and I were basically on top of each other most of the first stint and Silver pitted literally 30 seconds before this happened to dodge the bullet. I had pretty much stuck in 3rd place saving my stuff for most of the first 15 and was planning to go an extra couple laps with the hopes that it would pay off later in the race. There were a couple times I could have maybe made a pass for 2nd and now I wish I had... had I been in front of Matthew during this neither of us would have been much worse for the wear.

Last edited:
Lounge is open for pre-race practice. I'll be AFK for a while, maybe until about 15-20 minutes prior to quali.

Here's some video highlights from the first 15.25 laps of the EU race to get your blood moving:

I'll be there. Hopefully at least one of the other reserves will make it too.

Best race I had so far, and I get DC'd. Sitting in 3rd running a nice pace with visions of my first podium. Oh well, try again next week. Why couldn't I DC during the hour of practice and not the race?

Any update? Getting close!

PS> No JTV or oink either.

Ahh, sorry guys. I moved my status to reserve not long after EU because I wasn't sure if I would be ready in time. Ended up having some things I needed to get done, and just totally forgot to update to cancelled. My apologies. :guilty:

Best race I had so far, and I get DC'd. Sitting in 3rd running a nice pace with visions of my first podium. Oh well, try again next week. Why couldn't I DC during the hour of practice and not the race?
Ahh that's tough man, you can rely on a DC at the best of times, but not at the worse ;) Hopefully soon for that podium though!

Congratz on the win Bart. 👍 It was fun and exhausting trying to keep the gap. I drove as fast as I could, but wasn't enough.

Results are taking a while because I have taken too many photos. Oops. :D

---

Redo of EU Results with pole-sitter's formation lap subtracted:
event106EUresults_zpsfdb93f91.png

NA Results
event106NAresults_zps65fee805.png

Combined Results
event106CombinedResults_zpsd64498c1.png

Last edited:
I have a few confessions:

• I again took too many photos
  • I enjoyed being in last place for about 13 laps in a row, and being part of the Magnet Train
  • I ran Quali with the DS3 because I hadn't set up my wheel yet. Race was with the wheel though. :D

Congrats Bart on the perseverance for the win. 👍 Judging only by triangles, I thought Tim had gotten far enough ahead to win, but then he crashed, and you even waited, though not your fault. :bowdown:

Well done Tim on leading about 75% of the race. 👍

I blame Mohit for wishing unpleasantness on me, but watching the replay, I just spazzed out needlessly, and that ended that on race lap 3. :ouch:
I then proceeded to give Daniel some bumper paint for the rest of the stint, could NOT pull off a legitimate pass, short pitted, and then had an awesome drag race out of turn 1 when Daniel, XR, and I met up again.
Then ran the rest of the race alone, wishing Patrick hadn't been DC'd, as I would have been hunting him down next. :mischievous:

A Good Start
NuumlrburgringGP_D_13_zpsbc76ff69.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_14_zps9085779e.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_16_zps0900eba8.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_18_zps8026ec95.jpg

Then I Spazz Out
NuumlrburgringGP_D_4_zps3adc2c76.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_5_zps948f2af8.jpg

Joined up with the Magnet Train
NuumlrburgringGP_D_6_zps6dd88654.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_7_zps9c5f5529.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_9_zpsd5a0aa86.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_8_zpsf84a38e9.jpg

Exiting The Pits
NuumlrburgringGP_D_10_zps0eedfa4a.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_11_zps2f8a9745.jpg

Daniel, Joe, and XR Diced for the Rest of the Race
NuumlrburgringGP_D_12_zpsec7e038a.jpg

Aggression -> Crash
NuumlrburgringGP_D_21_zpsc61abb11.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_19_zpsb3f87d09.jpg

Bart Waiting
NuumlrburgringGP_D_27_zps657a76bf.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_28_zpsec6baace.jpg

Overall, Fun Race👍

Great pics Lucas.👍

Even though I came in last,:grumpy:that was a really fun race.:)

I had a great time as always, thanks guys.:cheers:

Bart Waiting

Great Pics Lucas.

Thanks for waiting Bart... although if you hadn't waited you would have been at the top of the merged results... we both would have if I hadn't crashed. :mad: You also nipped me for fastest lap overall. You leave no bread crumbs for us mortals.

We had a couple good laps after you waited, but there was no way I was going to pass the start/finish first at the end of the race at that point... wouldn't have been right. That never got close to happening anyway because I couldn't hold it together the last 3 laps.

Wish I could go back in time and just turn down the aggression on lap 30 (where I crashed). I should have just let you catch me (which was inevitable at that point since you finally got within 1 second by then) and then battle with you for a few laps going for a last lap pass. Looking at the replay, my tires were actually in better shape vs yours and I would have had a fighting chance, especially if I just let you pull for a few laps.

Live and learn!

Wins aren't easy to come by these days in the NA races. It pretty much takes a perfect race to beat you and then some luck, for 29.8 laps I ran a near perfect race... then I came down to earth and back to normal. :sly:

Going to work on some highlights, but won't post until late this afternoon.

Great race everyone! Nice shots there Lucas.

Thanks for waiting Bart... although if you hadn't waited you would have been at the top of the merged results... we both would have if I hadn't crashed. :mad: You also nipped me for fastest lap overall. You leave no bread crumbs for us mortals.

We had a couple good laps after you waited, but there was no way I was going to pass the start/finish first at the end of the race at that point... wouldn't have been right. That never got close to happening anyway because I couldn't hold it together the last 3 laps.

Wish I could go back in time and just turn down the aggression on lap 30 (where I crashed). I should have just let you catch me (which was inevitable at that point since you finally got within 1 second by then) and then battle with you for a few laps going for a last lap pass. Looking at the replay, my tires were actually in better shape vs yours and I would have had a fighting chance, especially if I just let you pull for a few laps.

Live and learn!

Wins aren't easy to come by these days in the NA races. It pretty much takes a perfect race to beat you and then some luck, for 29.8 laps I ran a near perfect race... then I came down to earth and back to normal. :sly:

It sure was fun being in the battle for the race with you Tim. I was giving it the full beans but you were faster in the first stint. In the first few laps you kept the pressure on and got the pass done.

In the laps after that we were quite even in terms of pace, but later in the stint you started to pull away from me. The sentence that was going through my mind is "Tim is killing me" (from the "Tim is Gonna Kill me" event title).

After my clumsy pit entrance I was 3 seconds down and I knew that it was going to be tough to get near Tim again. Somehow I felt better on the tires in the second stint, must have been the low fuel. My goal was to close the gap and have a good battle for the win. Not waiting for Tim would have been an anticlimax!

Great, can't wait! Remember to put some text when going from your battle with Bart to the "magnet train" ... something like "Meanwhile, back on Earth...".

Thanks for the pics, Lucas. I'll write a short race report also towards the end of the day.

Won't have time to put in any text unforatunately. I'm still working on the full video highlights which will feature a lot of the "magnet train" though....

In the meantime, I put together this quick leader board "speed through" showing how I gained time on PASM in the first stint only to lose it all back slowly but surely in the 2nd stint:

Looks like I gained about 1.5 seconds via PASM's pit entry adventure. Had that been 4 seconds I might have held off. :lol:

Well, like I said last night, this was the most fun I had racing on-line since I don't remember when. In short: I didn't make any serious mistake that totally put me out of the running (like is almost always the case) AND I had people to race with!

It started a bit strangely. I passed Joe very soon after we crossed the S/F line and quite easily, so I thought I might have jumped the start. So I let Joe pass me a few turns later. Watching the replay, I guess it wasn't the case, but oh well... Maybe it was pre-emptive punishment for something bad I did later. Indeed, watching the replay, I see that I crossed the white line coming out of the pits, and because it was so close between XR and me, I didn't think of checking for traffic. I ended up in Lucas's way, realizing there were other cars on the track too late... sorry about that Lucas! I guess I deserve a penalty for this, even though I "let you pass" right away (more or less), because I didn't know it was you, I thought maybe I was being lapped (and not realizing at that point I had crossed the white line...).

About that pit stop: it was a bit strange that I was able to come out in front of XR since I came in after him, and I was even slowed down by his car when it pulled over in front of his garage. So, we battled for a bit, Joe taking part also, it was really fun while it lasted. When Joe fell behind, I was not able to keep up to XR, though. I guess Joe and XR battling in front of me was slowing them down a bit so I was able to keep up. I did get closer at some point after two good laps in a row, but I went right back to very ordinary laps after that...

Before pits was very interesting also, Lucas even making us the honour of his presence for a while. But once he got in front, he didn't want to hang out with us anymore...

Anyway, I wish I'll have more races like that in the future, and I don't care if I come in last at the end if I get to have so much fun! Thanks for the great racing everyone, Joe and XR in particular 👍

Here's the NA highlights video (almost 30 minutes)...

Back