GTP WRS-Online Event 13 : The Ultimate Enduro - April 23, 2014

• Thread starter PASM
  • 75 comments
When does the race start/ is the lobby open?

It's all in the OP. Ideally, the EU race lobby will be opened by one of the stewards at 18:00 GMT / 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST). The race start will be at 19:00 GMT / 21:00 CEST, so be in the lobby at least 15 minutes earlier than that 👍

European Time Slot

3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT / Check Local
  • Pre-Race: Lobby assignments will be posted ~1 hour prior to the official start time

As a newcomer to the WRS online series, I just want to apologise in advance for any rookie mistakes I make. I'll do my best to keep it as clean and tidy as possible so as not to ruin the fun or the race for anyone.

Cheers!

Unfortunately someting came up and I can't be on time for the race. I need to cancel this one.

Shouldn't the rooms have been have be posted and opened by now ?
The race doesn't start for another 1hr20min, we usually open them 1hr beforehand.

oink will be hosting and will post the room number when he's got it up.

Shouldn't the rooms have been have be posted and opened by now ?
Its says in the OP the EU race starts at 19:00 GMT which is in 15mins

I think you're getting the timezones mixed up guys. I do it all the time, but UK isn't in GMT any more now it's "summer", we are BST (GMT+1), so local time for us race start is 8pm.

As such, I have just opened the room, 1 hour 15 minutes from now is race start.

Edit: Forgot to quote the ID: 1472-4711-0038-4893-7823

Room is down just a second and I'll get it up again.

="oink83, post: 9591709, member: 154238"]I think you're getting the timezones mixed up guys. I do it all the time, but UK isn't in GMT any more now it's "summer", we are BST (GMT+1), so local time for us race start is 8pm.

As such, I have just opened the room, 1 hour 15 minutes from now is race start.[/quote]

Ahh ok didnt realise that! Cheers

:cheers:

Thanks guys!
I was completely off my best game today... Nonetheless this car was way above my skill, and I kept spinning out. Started in 9th and finished in 8th.
Maybe I'll do better next time.
For now, I'm just happy I could race with you guys and be part of such a well organized event.

Cheers!

Was a great race for me qualified in 3rd and finished 3rd thou I held on to 2nd for quite a while but made a few mistakes I final 3 laps that cost me second place.

1st seven laps I had a great battle with @Friday_GTRP until he dipped a rear wheel on the grass and as he got out of shape I took the chance to pass.

After that I was in second with a 5-7 second gap back to 3rd I thought about pushing harder but @RS__96__oO was out in front in a class of his own and I quickly realised I wasn't gonna catch him.

After what felt like a eternity of 11 laps of running on my own mistakes started to creep in (to be expected using a ds3 with X-[] as brake and throttle) and I dropped it in to the gravel on lap 18 I held on for half a lap more but @Friday_GTRP pounced on my sloppy exit from eau rouge and breezed past I held on to the back of him for another half lap but crossed the line 4.5 seconds by the end of the race.
All in all I'm really happy added a podium to my division win in the TT and had a cracking race.

What gonna happen to AU/NZ race? Is't going to happen? Everyone is "maybe"...I'll have time to do race so I update my status to "yes".

I enjoyed the first 15 minutes of the EU race. Then my mind drifted back to hotlapping mode, costing me easily half a minute of total time. Unfortunately I can't join the AU event.

What gonna happen to AU/NZ race? Is't going to happen? Everyone is "maybe"...I'll have time to do race so I update my status to "yes".

The AU race will again probably not happen, at least in official form, with a steward present. We've been discussing doing away with the current AU slot and trying to host a weekend race for all 3 timezones instead.

I will try to get this weekend's timeslot announced tomorrow or Friday. Most likely 22:00 GMT Sat or 19:00 GMT Sun.

That was a hard race, congrats to Jammy for the win and Drew for getting 2nd, and to everyone else for running the race. I got third by running fairly conservatively and staying on the tarmac (a few bobbles and near misses but nothing that cost me too much time). The last few laps on worn tires were a real struggle to stay on the track.

Last edited:
Thank you @Bleached and @patrick19602005.
Yes I did kept it on the track whole race. EU race help me a lot - saved my tires so that I could keep car on track to the end. Both races were really hard.

Ok. I'll check situation 1 hr before Au/NZ race to see if it going to happen or not.
The AU race will again probably not happen, at least in official form, with a steward present. We've been discussing doing away with the current AU slot and trying to host a weekend race for all 3 timezones instead.

I will try to get this weekend's timeslot announced tomorrow or Friday. Most likely 22:00 GMT Sat or 19:00 GMT Sun.

It was a difficult yob yesterday, I like the track but it is hard to drive without making mistakes.
My fastest lap was the qualification so a good start position (4th) a big mistake and I became 10th...
I thought I finished 5th but I could not see gtp_Jammy, so Danny (GTP_Friday) told me I became 6th.

It's not first but I liked the race !

:gtpflag:

Or @PASM

Yeah that was in EU race. I noticed in starting grid that there was empty spot ahead of me.
I thought I finished 5th but I could not see gtp_Jammy, so Danny (GTP_Friday) told me I became 6th...

Edit: Ok, seems that there is no race in AU/NZ timezone.

Last edited:
Sorry for the contact in the first turn of the NA race. I'm not sure who I made contact with I just got on the brakes too late and had nowhere to go

Sorry for the contact in the first turn of the NA race. I'm not sure who I made contact with I just got on the brakes too late and had nowhere to go
Don't worried about that, I start 5 lost 3 positions because that, but at the end, I'm able to recover 4 positions (I spect finish 3rd at least) but after that I have a intense race whit Kevin, a lot o fun. Good race everyone and congratulations to Jammy

The Eu race was a learning experience as I improved from 35.xx to 31.xx. Spins were less frequent but Eau Rouge got worse the slower I went. I discovered that the GT-40
Does not "set" without cornering load. I finished "not last" but really never raced with anyone except passing the equally luckless spinners from time to time.

The NA Race was just that a race. The last four or five on the grid changed positions routinely both passing and by passing spinners. I had a race long YOU FALL OFF THEN I FALL OFF race with EWeinbauer with his taking the spot when I discovered Eau Rouge
On worn tires was really interesting. We both lapped in the 28.xx range....another quantum improvement.

Not my favorite combo in the beginning but it was a quantum learning tool that was enjoyable at the end. Thanks for picking this one .

Results from the Spa races:

gt6-event013-eu-png.146609

gt6-event013-na-png.146611

gt6-event013-merged-png.146610

Congrats @RS__96__oO and @jammy21 on your first-time wins! :cheers:

We're thinking of doing a re-run of this race on Sun 27 April at 19:00 GMT (Convert to local time).

Saturday probably won't work for me, nor the other stewards who have expressed interest in a re-run.

Give us a short post below if you are pretty sure you'll make it. 👍

Back