GTP WRS-Online Event 18 : How Very Dare You? - May 28, 2014

• Thread starter PASM
  • 72 comments
WW race room open

1472-6399-8580-0419-2156

Sorry for leaving you guys yesterday....it was not a system DC it was a locally generated
Outage. I am upgrading my service to try to avoid it again (higher speeds use different fiber cables).

Also I would like to have some inputs into the creation of a GTP_WRS or GTP wide new guy training camp with easy to drive cars ...it would be a complete "how to " from Race Craft to actual racing ....to how to clear your cache. It would be just like SCCA DRIVERS SCHOOL...where new drivers went to two weekends training and coaching and finished with their first regional race ( mine was at the famed Riverside Raceway in California).For guys like me too. I can lap...lap after lap....within a quarter to a tenth...but I'm not getting faster....why. I could get one on one (any one could that is the whole idea) with a driver a bit above me to make suggestions. In a perfect world any new qualifier below a minimum speed would HAVE to attend at least one session to get acclimated to speed differentials. From personal experience I was EXTREMELY intimidated when unlike SNAIL I was dropped into the deep end with a group of very fast ( and well mannered thank God...and all of you :bowdown:) drivers. A very little bit of how to would have gone a long way. I posted this here because it does not really apply to solo type events. Thoughts ...comments....Fish Slaps....:gtpflag:

Congrats Danny @Friday_GTRP for the double-win (EU and WW) and @gtp_Tenderly for your first win! :cheers:

Well-done to the podiums as well (@GTP_orsche, @Don Mejillone, @Strop, @GTP_Compton3, @PASM, and @gtp_Tenderly).

gt6-event018-eu.PNG

gt6-event018-na.PNG

gt6-event018-ww.PNG

gt6-event018-merged.PNG

I had an awful WW race, and apologies to all that had to avoid me in my multiple smoke-drenched spins. :ouch:

The first one wanted to be a flip but just ended up being a long 2-wheeled skid. :lol: Nice job avoiding that @EWeinbauer

Tokyo R246_57.jpg

And here's @Friday_GTRP, @Tuesday_Black, and @gtp_Tenderly at the front. 👍

Tokyo R246_58.jpg

For @gtp_Tenderly's first win:

Thoughts ...comments....Fish Slaps....:gtpflag:

Seriously though if you want to organize a time I'm quite happy to do some laps with you most evenings or weekends (except during race times obviously). I'm a little faster than you but not a lot which I think is best when you're learning ... when I try to follow replays from Div 1 drivers and I try and do what they do I just end up off the track and into the wall :-(.

Seriously though if you want to organize a time I'm quite happy to do some laps with you most evenings or weekends (except during race times obviously). I'm a little faster than you but not a lot which I think is best when you're learning ... when I try to follow replays from Div 1 drivers and I try and do what they do I just end up off the track and into the wall :-(.

Wonderful...never seen that before....yes lets get together your option as I'm currently (and forever) unemployed.:D

Back