GTP WRS-Online : Event 18 : MR around AR - Jan 11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 137 comments
As we're trying to put our finger on the 'online race bug', can I ask for whoever is still available, after the race, from the B lounge, to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for a full grid (shorter) test race?

Let's say we do get to 16 people there then and the race is started.
Presuming this will provoque the 'bug' to be active, it is possible we will ask people to leave the lobby after a couple of laps (2 - 3) as it appears, as soon as the racers drop to 12 on track/ lobby (?), the 'bug' fades or deactivates.

Thanks in advance for whoever is able to participate on this.

Qualification Duration: 15 minutes (two hot laps per driver)

+ inlap 3laps,

Is that still the format?

lounge B is open....:)

As we're trying to put our finger on the 'online race bug', can I ask for whoever is still available, after the race, from the B lounge, to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for a full grid (shorter) test race?

Let's say we do get to 16 people there then and the race is started.
Presuming this will provoque the 'bug' to be active, it is possible we will ask people to leave the lobby after a couple of laps (2 - 3) as it appears, as soon as the racers drop to 12 on track/ lobby (?), the 'bug' fades or deactivates.

Thanks in advance for whoever is able to participate on this.

Thanks for reminding me Christophe 👍

Ideally we need a full room to test a 16 driver (or as many as possible - at least 13) grid for a few laps, and then try a few laps with only a 12 driver grid.

We will be running a similar test after the NA race as well in an effort to better understand the 'bug' that is popping up in lobbies all over the place.

Qualification Duration: 15 minutes (two hot laps per driver)

+ inlap 3laps,

Is that still the format?

lounge B is open....:)

You can run more than 3 laps.
With the smaller grids, everyone should fit on the track with ample room between drivers 👍

So we a 15 min period to qualify,

Is it allowed to change to fresh tires and run with less fuel?

Would it be worth it to try a test race with 13+, with all mics disabled? Someone in the Dirty Secret thread mentioned that disabling mics helped.

That can be done in 2 ways, right? Host setting Chat Quality to off, or everybody individually muting everyone else's mics.

To fully shut off mica the lounge needs to be setup from the account settings before entering the room.
It might be possible to do that for the NA test, but we can't do it for the EU race.

We can certainly try shutting them off individually.

Both race lobbies are now open 👍

Hydro
To fully shut off mica the lounge needs to be setup from the account settings before entering the room.
It might be possible to do that for the NA test, but we can't do it for the EU race.

We can certainly try shutting them off individually.

Both race lobbies are now open 👍

If all NA is racing in one room hydro could set B lounge to no Mics and normal lounge to low quality Mics. Test both after race with same drivers and see if there is a diff.

Please also test practice mode. All bunch up real tight in free run and see if it's just race mode that has bug/lag.

Good luck guys. I'd rather be racing!

The rooms are open. The account associated with the rooms aren't used, so they wont appear online.

Great race in the B room, I actually got to race the whole way with somebody, Hasslemoff 👍 I was praying you would make a mistake on those finally laps :sly: but it wasn't to be.

At least I didn't knock anyone off track, not pleased at all with my performance (and tyre strategy) but it was great racing online for the first time with clean racers :)

Thanks all for the racing,👍

bad luck Blair,you got the speed ,great racing from you.

Qualification:

And the results:

Missed the EU race but will be watching the NA race later. Thanks Christophe 👍

You can still watch it, Jon.
If you follow the link in my sig, it will take you to my stream channel.
There you can choose the video you want to see. :)

Edit:
Congrats on your win Sjaak! 👍

How can I upload the replay onto youtube? Want to show you guys the freaky moment but the files aren't compatible.

You can't, really. You have to either film the footage from the replay, or have a PC capture card, like Tim or Christophe.

Congrats, Sjaak, Blair, and Hasslemoff on the EU B podiums! 👍 Interested to hear if anyone did a no-stopper...

You can't, really. You have to either film the footage from the replay, or have a PC capture card, like Tim or Christophe.

Congrats, Sjaak, Blair, and Hasslemoff on the EU B podiums! 👍 Interested to hear if anyone did a no-stopper...
Yep.. :P

Congrats to you Sjaak for the room B win.. 👍

Great race in the B room, I actually got to race the whole way with somebody, Hasslemoff 👍 I was praying you would make a mistake on those finally laps :sly: but it wasn't to be.

Great racing, its good to have a little battle most of the race, I even had sweaty palms when I relized I was going to catch you with a couple of laps to go.
I pitted to late on this race, actually I forgot was aiming for 20 laps but went in at 22 laps and when I came out the pits I seen I was 21 secs behind MilleRSVR.

Well done with the Sjaak

Pekka won the EU A race with Chris second, and Hydro third :D
Wes and Gooners ran no-stoppers, but it didn't look like it went too well for Gooners.

Biffy, I'll contact you via PM so we can get that replay via. regular email 👍

Congrats to Sjaak for winning the EU B race, and to Pekka for the EU A race :cheers:
Thanks for hosting too Sjaak 👍

Last edited:
Just signed up for the NA race and if I'll wake up in time I'm going to race with the controller.:scared::scared:

EU Race Report from Chuk just because he likes to do them:

It is summed thus: "What's that smell?"
toiletpaper.gif
"It's Chuk"
I was over two seconds a lap slower guys. I lost Wes after a few laps, meaning I never saw him, so I apologize if I affected your race, Wes! I was DC'd in the later laps.
I joined this lounge through 3D3 racing. I've noticed that when I follow Tim (Hydro) into the lounge, I don't have a problem, even if I use my mic. On Sunday morning racing, I'm tracking a connection between people following the host into a room versus following a friend.
For example: Jake, Kenny, and Chuk are in the same house and set up their PS3's to race together. Jake opens a lounge and Kenny follows through on Jake's coffee cup's orange dot. Chuk does one of two things: If I click on Jake's coffee cup, three people race no problem. If I click on KENNY'S coffee cup, the probability increases that there will be problems. In other words, following a host into a lounge seems to be much better for connectivity than using another friend to get to the same place.
Feel free to give feedback, meanwhile I will continue investigating!!
reel_fishing.gif

Great race guys, nice win Jaak.👍

I led from the start through lap 30 or so, had a 7 second lead. Had a issue with a backmarker. I'm sure he didn't do it intentionally, but the lappers should yield to the leaders.

Other than that it was a perfect race, thought I was on my way to my first win.
Maybe next time.

Last edited:
At least I didn't knock anyone off track, not pleased at all with my performance (and tyre strategy) but it was great racing online for the first time with clean racers :)

You, pre and I had some fun exchanging places throughout the race, always done cleanly and with respect, it was great racing with the both of you. I pitted at the beginning of lap 23 and that made a big difference right away. But it didn't keep me from making a couple of stupid mistakes, like taking forever to come back from an off because I kept spinning while trying to get back on the track :dunce:

Thanks a lot for hosting, Sjaak, and congratulations on the win!

What a great race guys 👍

After turning in my best lap ever in Quali (1'23.491 - Thanks Kevin :sly:) I wound up 4th on the grid.
Wes set the pole lap (1'22.781) followed by Vagabond and MadMax. Biffy, Speedy, Gooners, and Chuck rounded out the rest of the field.

These cars don't spin the tires at the start, so everyone seemed to have a good start and headed into turn 1 pretty evenly.
From there, a 5 car pack consisting of Vagabond, MadMax, Biffy Wes and Hydro got a bit clear of the rest and set off for some very, very close racing, and one of the most exciting battles I've ever been a part of.
I'm still amazed no one had serious contact, and I'm not sure I received any at all - superb driving 👍

For the most part I was desperately trying to keep pace with Chris, and I must admit I had no idea what was going on in the race around me. I was locked on Chris' bumper and had no available attention to watch for the rest.
On around lap 10 I did notice that we had caught up to Pekka, at the end of the lap postions 1-3 were separated by less than 4 seconds. I was ~.600 behind Chris at that point.
With Biffy pitting early, I had clear air behind me, so I decided to put a bit of pressure on Chris (you won't hear me say that too often - 1st time in fact :D).
And of all the stupid (STUPID) things to do, I pushed it a bit hard into the downhill left following the T2 hairpin, went off a little - recovered, but was far enough away from Chris that drafting was no longer possible :(
I pitted 1 lap early hoping that I could somehow close the gap with a bit of strategy, but it just didn't work.

After my Pit I was in for a few battles with Speedy and Biffy, but ultimately wound up following Wes' bumper for several laps who was on a no-stopper, and seriously cutting short my chances for a podium finish.
No surprise - even with Wes on almost flat tires, passing him was almost impossible, so rather than repeating my mistake with Chris, I decided to pressure Wes, but not attempt a pass unless it was 100% sure (OK, I'd have settled for 60%).
However, just as with Chris earlier, I went off track a bit (turn 2) and lost ground on Wes, but on lap 33 (ish) Wes spun in the final turn and I wound up back in 3rd.
Although I really didn't push too hard from there, I was shocked to see Wes in my rear-view for the final lap - on his 35th straight lap.
Clearly, following D1 drivers is not my strong suit :lol:
But it was a blast while it lasted 👍

Thanks for the great racing guys!!
The NA race simply cannot start soon enough :D

Sorry this is so close to race time, but i cant race tonight. I canceled my registration. Have a great race!

Back