GTP WRS-Online : Event 18 : MR around AR - Jan 11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 137 comments
Hope I can watch from work. Is speedy going to live stream the N/A race?

Al

Hope I can watch from work. Is speedy going to live stream the N/A race?

Al

As long as he's up 👍
We finished a bit early this afternoon, so I'm guessing 4 1/2 hrs sleep should do :D
Just the thread closer to the race.

Sorry this is so close to race time, but i cant race tonight. I canceled my registration. Have a great race!

No problem Joe, Thanks for the Heads up.
We will try to tone down our post-race excitement so as to not make you too jealous 👍

NA Race lounge is open.

For this race, we can all meet in the 3D3Racing lounge, and if the lobby gets over 12 drivers we can make the call then as to whether or not we will split the room up.

NA Race lounge is open.

For this race, we can all meet in the 3D3Racing lounge, and if the lobby gets over 12 drivers we can make the call then as to whether or not we will split the room up.

SO JEALOUS! Work sucks! Maybe I should retire! Have a good race everyone!

Al

I'm up guys. :lol: And so is Pekka. 👍

Livestream is going up at ~3 PM GMT (24min from now)

chukabilly
Booted again. Total frustration today.

Sorry chuk. Come watch on stream. I saw lounge drop to 10 from 11 and wondered who.

Booted again. Total frustration today.

Chuk, sorry to have been part of your frustration, causing you to hit me because I had lost control of my car while I was right in front of you :dunce:

That's quite all right. I was just reviewing my DMZ settings and can see that was the problem, at least as far as connection issues. I just drove terrible today, all day. My best lap of the day was a 1'26. I never felt comfortable, never got any faster. It just didn't work well. I kept thinking I was going to miss you, but honestly I was having trouble controlling the car and didn't react in time. Some days are better than others!!!

It was a good race again guys.
Had a nice nerve wracking battle with Marc in the second stint. 👍

Tim, I'll let the stream go on for a little more after the race next week. ;)

It was a good race again guys.
Had a nice nerve wracking battle with Marc in the second stint. 👍

Tim, I'll let the stream go on for a little more after the race next week. ;)

I was joking. My internet connection in hotel was rubbish so I could barely make out screen anyway. Had a nice chat with Al during the race and every 4-5 seconds I got another frame to show up. Would have liked to see Kevin and Jake battle as that seemed pretty close.

Hopefully next week I race instead of watch.

Saw a bit of your chase of Marc there and it was the highlight of the stream although just wish I had a solid connection to view it.

Good race guys. Looked like it took 100% concentration. Gosh I love long races... especially if PD can fix this and we can get 16 on track so there is always another car within view.

Great race guys, nice win Jaak.👍

I led from the start through lap 30 or so, had a 7 second lead. Had a issue with a backmarker. I'm sure he didn't do it intentionally, but the lappers should yield to the leaders.

Other than that it was a perfect race, thought I was on my way to my first win.
Maybe next time.

I think that incident was with me just before the final corner-chicane, I braked harder so I could get off the racing line and checking my rear mirror I saw you off road, I'm not sure what really happened. I don't think I blocked anyone and maybe the corner entry is harder to make a pass, I let people pass me on the corner exit, too bad we dont have left/right indicator lights, they make sense in long races and they are already in the game (example top gear hangar the Aston has the indicator lights on).

You, pre and I had some fun exchanging places throughout the race, always done cleanly and with respect, it was great racing with the both of you. I pitted at the beginning of lap 23 and that made a big difference right away. But it didn't keep me from making a couple of stupid mistakes, like taking forever to come back from an off because I kept spinning while trying to get back on the track :dunce:

Thanks a lot for hosting, Sjaak, and congratulations on the win!

Yeah It was excellent fun (and frustration) as it's much harder to drive with a bumper near your nose than time trials! We should race again anytime. I didn't pit at all and that killed me off the competition, I should have checked the new tyre wear model before hand. If you have a main account you should add my main account (and GTP_pre1323 hope I got the name correct) for more racing.

Last edited:
I woke up in time but was too tyred to race.. :P
Congrats to Pekka for another win, and to everyone else on the podium..👍

Chuk, you didn't affect my race at all.. First spin was my wheel's fault not yours.. Too bad you disconnected in the EU race..

Last edited:
If anyone is up for it, I'm willing to host a Saturday EU Timeslot race.
Although it can be pretty late for some (10 PM GMT)
With the same specs as this one.

Last Saturday we had a nice, slightly longer, race with four guys. 👍

Edit:
Tim, is it possible for you to make a registration table for Saturday?

My first time posting results, hope I did this correctly:

WRSOE_18_EUA.png

WRSOE_18_EUB-1.png

WRSOE_18_NA.png

Nice racing with everyone. 👍 I'm impressed with, really, anyone that finished 34 or 35 laps, because I had all kinds of problems with my rear end, and only got to lap 33. :dunce: Tried my best to stay out of the way. The Elise and I have hated each other for a long time now, and I don't see us making up anytime soon. That's what I get for not practicing!

Last edited:
Here's a writeup of the race, from my perspective.

When the track was reset for qualifying, some of us were being affected by the "tire sound glitch". The tires were not making their normal squealing sound, and that's something we use that feedback to keep the car in check (even if we don't realize it). :)

Lucas and I attempted to leave the room and come back in to see if that would fix it, but then the room froze up. :ouch: So then everyone had to exit the room and come back in. I mention all that to say thanks to everyone for your patience during that exercise. It's one of those things that doesn't sound that bad, but once you experience it, you realize it's a problem, especially over 35 laps of racing.

On to quali. I encountered traffic on lap 4, just as my tires started to come up to temperature. I already had a lap 3 time in the bank of 1:23.3xx, but knew I could get into the 22's, from the practice earlier. I pulled off in the runoff at track left just before the last right hander in T1. I was just watching the map to get into the large gap I could see at the back of the pack. The last car I was waiting for slowed, and it was Pekka, who had already set a 1:22.6, and I think was parking until he saw what everyone else came up with (leaning something from the F1 boys :P ).

Once I got going again, I set the best time I had since coming back to this combo, and was just 0.5 off my WRS hotlap of 1:21.9. I'd managed a 1:22.487, I believe, and was quite happy with the lap, and parked the car after 1 or 2 futile attempts to get in range of it. Someone asked who had the top time just as the countdown timer to start the race was winding, and I looked up to see that Pekka had managed a 1:22.390. :ouch: Still, I was quite happy with my time, and would be starting second on the grid for the race.

In race, I got a good start, but Pekka took the lead into the first corner from pole. I managed to stay in his draft for 3 or 4 laps, about 1.5 off his bumped. Then he started to pull a gap, 0.5-1.0 per lap. By lap 12, my tires were starting to be a factor, and my laps dropped out of the 23's into the 24's. I could see Jake looming on the track map, and I made a couple of mistakes that cost me a second or so each. By lap 16, I knew my tires were done for, but I stayed out for one more lap to make sure I didn't have to run a 19 lap stint. I came in on lap 17, with Jake right on my tail.

When I exited the pits, Speedy was right in front of my (within 2 seconds or so), and I was a little worried that I would have to battle with him a bit to get by, while wanting to do all I could to preserve my tires. Fortunately, he pitted at the end of that lap, leaving me back in clean air in 3rd position.

Jake and Pekka looked like they were going for no stoppers, I think it was lap 20 before Pekka finally made a mistake that brought my gap to him down significantly, and he came in that lap. When he came out of the pits, I was right on his back bumper, and again managed to stay in his draft for 6 laps or so, running consistent 23's. Jake looked like he was trying to also stay out for a no stopper, but we were chewing up his lead, down to 20 seconds with 12 laps to go, and picking up more than a second a lap already, so he came in, I believe on lap 23.

Pekka started to pull the gap again, with his faster pace and fresher tires. From there, it was just a matter of doing all I could to hold the gap over Jake.

I have to mention that during all this battling, we passed several cars, some of them 2 or 3 times. At times, I gave some heads up over the mic, but overall, everyone was very courteous, allowing us through without affecting the front running battle. Much appreciated. 👍

I didn't make any big mistakes as the race was winding down, but over the final 5 laps, Jake's tires were much fresher and he was gaining on me considerably. He finally caught me at the end of lap 34, and he made the pass going into the right after T1 on lap 35. Great drive to recover from the worn tires in the first stint, and take advantage of the tire difference late in the race. Plus, I know Jake had pace in reserve at this track. ;)

I was quite happy to come home on the last step of the podium, just 0.8 off of Jake, with him about 10 seconds behind Pekka.

Great racing guys, looking forward to next week already. 👍

:cheers:
Kevin

Nice read Kevin. 👍

Although I didn't see you very often in the race.
It still makes me re-live it a bit.

I hope we can get some people to join on Saturday.

I fought with the car almost the entire race but it was *so much fun!

Great racing Kevin. 👍

After having a good practice session, I was confident my quali would go well. But I felt distracted during the session and just didn't have the speed. I kept slip sliding around and before I knew it the time had expired.

After watching the race replay, I noticed that Kevin and Pekka made fast laps very early. I must have been napping as my lap times didn't really get competitive until after my pit stop when I thought I had a chance to take 2nd position. I pushed very hard to reach Kevin and knew that my tires were better (pitted on lap 21) and I just barely made it before the laps ran out.

I didn't expect to give Pekka any competition but I was taken by surprise with a poor quali and a very determined driver in front of me.

I will be working in Florida next week, so I'm out for the next one. Thanks for such a great series.

eclipsee_steering.gif

I'm up for a re-match on Saturday!!

In the NA race, all I can remember of Pekka, Kevin and Jake was their starting order. :D
After lap 2 or 3, they were just gone. Never saw them again, not once.

I got tangled up with a sideways Blair early on which set me back about 10 seconds from the leader once the lap was done, but I figured a couple of slips by the leaders in close racing would help close that gap a bit - wrong :lol: It probably would have helped, but they didn't slip up in a way anyone could take advantage of that I remember.
Unbelievable driving guys :cheers:

You could tell it was quite a race - virtually no chat at all during the race. (Missing the tire sounds would have just made it... creepy quiet.)
Concentration was at an all time high, that's for sure.

Great week once again everyone 👍
Congratz to Pekka (x 2) and Sjaak for the wins in this awesome combo :cheers:

Let's get anyone who is interested in running on Saturday to add their name to this form -

Interest-Check Sign Up Sheet:

1. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Division 2 Silver | BE GMT+1 | 100%
2. EDK | GTP_EDK | Division 2 Gold | US Pacific | 80%
3. WRP001 | GTP_WRP001 | Division 2 Bronze | US Pacific | 25%
4. w-g-e | GTP_w-g-e | Division 1 Silver | GMT+1 (NL) | 50%
5. mcfizzle | GTP_mcfizzle | Division 2 Bronze | US Central |75%
6. NINE_HUNDRED | GTP_NINE_HUNDRED | Division 4 Silver | GMT (UK) | 50%
7. Vagabond | GTP_Vagabond | Division 1 Bronze | GMT (UK) | 90%
8. PASM | GTP_PASM | Division 1 Silver | GMT+1 (NL) | 90%
9. Hasslemoff |GTP_Hasslemoff | Division 3 Gold |GMT (UK) | 50%.
10. Gravitron | GTP_Gravitron | Division 2 Bronze | US Pacific | 33 %
11.89gtt | gtp_89gtt | Division 4 Bronz| US central | 50 %

{not necessarily limited to 14 drivers so add additional lines as necessary.}

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Use this format to add your information:

GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event

Interest-Check Sign Up Sheet:

11.89gtt | gtp_89gtt | Division 4 Bronz| US central | 50 %
12. Hydro | GTP_Hydro | Division 2 Bronze | CAN EST | 80%

{not necessarily limited to 16 drivers so add additional lines as necessary.}

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event

QUOTE=HydrInterest-Check Sign Up Sheet:

12. Hydro | GTP_Hydro | Division 2 Bronze | CAN EST | 80%

GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event[/QUOTE]

quote=hydrinterest-check sign up sheet:

1. Speedy6543 | gtp_speedy6543 | division 2 silver | be gmt+1 | 100%
2. Edk | gtp_edk | division 2 gold | us pacific | 80%
3. Wrp001 | gtp_wrp001 | division 2 bronze | us pacific | 25%
4. W-g-e | gtp_w-g-e | division 1 silver | gmt+1 (nl) | 50%
5. Mcfizzle | gtp_mcfizzle | division 2 bronze | us central |75%
6. Nine_hundred | gtp_nine_hundred | division 4 silver | gmt (uk) | 50%
7. Vagabond | gtp_vagabond | division 1 bronze | gmt (uk) | 90%
8. Pasm | gtp_pasm | division 1 silver | gmt+1 (nl) | 90%
9. Hasslemoff |gtp_hasslemoff | division 3 gold |gmt (uk) | 10%.
10. Gravitron | gtp_gravitron | division 2 bronze | us pacific | 33 %
12. Hydro | gtp_hydro | division 2 bronze | can est | 80%

to express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

use this format to add your information:

Gtp username | psn id | division | time zone | % chance you can make the event

1. Speedy6543 | gtp_speedy6543 | division 2 silver | be gmt+1 | 100%
2. Edk | gtp_edk | division 2 gold | us pacific | 80%
4. W-g-e | gtp_w-g-e | division 1 silver | gmt+1 (nl) | 50%
5. Mcfizzle | gtp_mcfizzle | division 2 bronze | us central |75%
6. Nine_hundred | gtp_nine_hundred | division 4 silver | gmt (uk) | 50%
7. Vagabond | gtp_vagabond | division 1 bronze | gmt (uk) | 90%
8. Pasm | gtp_pasm | division 1 silver | gmt+1 (nl) | 90%
9. Hasslemoff |gtp_hasslemoff | division 3 gold |gmt (uk) | 10%.
10. Gravitron | gtp_gravitron | division 2 bronze | us pacific | 33 %
12. Hydro | gtp_hydro | division 2 bronze | can est | 80%

to express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

use this format to add your information:

Gtp username | psn id | division | time zone | % chance you can make the event

-----

Can't make it. Also stuck in plane in Chicago snow storm. Yuck!

Would have been better to post empty sheet and let people sign up? Hard to figure who is coming this way.

Back