GTP WRS-Online : Event 20 : TZ2, TZU - Jan 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 156 comments
Just attempting to get up to speed with the rules, etc.

I was intending to get some practice later today, working out strategy, to pit or not to pit, and how hard I can push the car without jeopardising said strategy.

Unfortunately I now have to go into work later today so my time is now somewhat limited to do this. I've learnt a few tips by reading this thread, I guess a pit stop on lap 18/19 is the safest way to go since not knowing if I could last the whole race without one. Also, normally I'm an aggressive driver and therefore eat my tyres quite easily in-race unless I'm more prepared for it.

I guess I should just put this down to a learning experience and play it by ear and just try to grab what I can get whilst I'm there.

I'm looking forward to it. 👍

I was intending to get some practice later today, working out strategy, to pit or not to pit, and how hard I can push the car without jeopardising said strategy.

The 36 laps here were only for the 3D3 race - there's two rounds in the main event, detailed over [post="6335353"]here[/post], with only 20 laps each, so no pits required. Some others have said that pushing too hard might kill tires early, and there's a whole lotta drafting, but pits aren't a problem 👍

So, you definitely don't need to practice, Jerry. At all. :sly:

Also, I'll just randomly leave these here for no apparent reason....

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_5.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_4.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_3.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_2.jpg

Sphinx

Unfortunately I now have to go into work later today so my time is now somewhat limited to do this. I've learnt a few tips by reading this thread, I guess a pit stop on lap 18/19 is the safest way to go since not knowing if I could last the whole race without one. Also, normally I'm an aggressive driver and therefore eat my tyres quite easily in-race unless I'm more prepared for it.

I guess I should just put this down to a learning experience and play it by ear and just try to grab what I can get whilst I'm there.

Yes don't follow rules here see details of special event as there are significant differences.

We will have 2 hot laps to qualify, only 20 laps and 2 rounds. Don't pit!!!

Most important you are racing in GTP_3D3_A, at least for round 1. It should be open for practice at 18:00 GMT.

EDK
Only 12? I count 16. :dopey:

We should be ashamed of ourselves, ruining all those super rare, priceless, bone stock race cars. Especially Marc. ;)

'Maxiora Trapezium'
It's Italian, it has hints of Gold, Corn Syrup, and Sweet Honey Molasses (I may have made that one up), and when seen in alomst any light it looks like a shiny piece of 🤬
Which is very fitting IMO, as the car sounds like it is farting all the time anyway.

Sounded like a great colour when I chose it :lol:
I did however buy a second one to remedy the situation for future events 👍

Back